🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

My Brother is a Cop and It's Getting Bad

Are you saying this huge wave of hatred toward ALL police is justified?
Again, don't play that good-cop-bad-cop game on me. Are you saying one cop or only a few cops might put out a warrant on the system, but not ALL cops are not going to act on it? A brother cop is a brother cop, regardless of jurisdiction or official authority, and with such a strong police union, they are ALL in it together on the beat, and any cop who won't go along with the prevailing corruption is out.

Bad time to be a cop

They have lost the trust and goodwill of the public. Much of it is undeserved but the public has reached an “enough is enough” point.

It will take a while to patch things up.
No, they have lost the trust and goodwill of the people who never had it for them in the first place then others used that non-existent trust and goodwill as an excuse to take advantage of situations for personal and socio-political agendas.........
LOT of people marching in the street for weeks
That is not the media and that is not false outrage.

Like it or not, people are pissed at the cops and their response has not helped their case.
Lot of people eh? Have you counted them then worked out what percentage of the population they represent? Take an honest look at it (drop your bias) and you'll see that I'm right.
Where the fuk have you been?
People are marching across the nation in big cities and small
Yeah, like I base my opinions on just what the media shows. So once again, how many millions out of the 331 million are marching?

Bad time to be a cop

They have lost the trust and goodwill of the public. Much of it is undeserved but the public has reached an “enough is enough” point.

No, they have lost the trust and goodwill of the people who never had it for them in the first place then others used that non-existent trust and goodwill as an excuse to take advantage of situations for personal and socio-political agendas.........

Like it or not, people are pissed at the cops and their response has not helped their case.
Lot of people eh? Have you counted them then worked out what percentage of the population they represent? Take an honest look at it (drop your bias) and you'll see that I'm right.

You have no sense, whatsoever, at measuring size and scale!
Haven’t seen bigger protests since the 60s

The protests in the 60"s directly involved 4% of the population that actually participated.
Link

Here's your link you Marxist faggot,

:fu:.

It's true.
What you are deceptively attempting to do is intermingle inaccurate public sentiment polls with the actual protestors who take to the streets!
Besides, any given link is no longer trusted, given partisan blinders.

Another true story...

Bad time to be a cop

The protests in the 60"s directly involved 4% of the population that actually participated.
Link

It's true.
What you are deceptively attempting to do is intermingle inaccurate public sentiment polls with the actual protestors who take to the streets!

Another true story...
As I expected
You are talking out of your ass

Bad time to be a cop

Link

It's true.

Another true story...
As I expected
You are talking out of your ass

Nope!
It be true.

We were supposed to have dinner at my brother's house yesterday, but he called me up when he got home from his shift and cancelled. He wanted to just chill after the shift he worked yesterday. He patrols a higher crime neighborhood, which is mostly blacks, and he said the past couple of weeks have gotten really bad. People aren't respectful at all. They're rude and belligerent towards him. He's been called names, taunted, it's been constant chaos. He stopped a car yesterday because the guy came up with a warrant in the system. Immediately, when he had the guy step out of his car he started screaming something about George Floyd and then became nasty and resistant. My brother and his partner, who arrived shortly after, had to tackle the guy to the ground in order to get him restrained. While this was going on he said a dozen or so blacks came running up on them, whipping out their phones recording, calling them names, taunting them. He said it was super nerve racking because in the middle of the skirmish he had no idea if any of these other people, who had no business being up that close to them, were going to run up and attack them from behind. He said it was like being in the middle of a zoo. He is starting to consider leaving the department at this point because it's become incredibly dangerous for them.

And my brother is Asian and the officer who responded to back him up is Hispanic, so this wasn't even a white cop thing; it's just an anyone in uniform thing. We're told we should be judging people by their character and not their skin color, but apparently these same people think it's fine to judge anyone in a uniform as evil.

Why would he run the plates? Did the guy do something wrong? How did he know who was in the car?
You are an asshole.Yes he did something wrong, no he fif not know who was in the car and that is why he ran the plates.

What did the officer know that the driver did wrong?

His wrong doing was on the screen when his plate ran through the computer system.

The officer had no clue as to who was driving.
So what? There is no rule about police running plates whenever they want to.

I understand and the authoritarians just eat it up.
It is clear that you understand nothing. There is no evidence racism motivated any of these police actions, so you are just making arguments in support of allowing criminals to go free.

Nobody should even be a criminal for selling someone a loose cigarette for .50 cents at that. That's why I say that those who support that are authoritarians. No crimes is so minor that the police shouldn't take you down for it.

On top of that no one likes a tax collector and that is what the city turned the policemen into. A glorified tax collector. That needs to stop.

Nobody should even be a criminal for selling someone a loose cigarette for .50 cents at that.

How is New York City going to pay for their massive welfare programs if they don't tax the sale of cigarettes ($6 a pack, holy shit!!!)?

Not my problem.

Bad time to be a cop

It's the media that created this narrative and hysteria
BOOOOOOM!!! that is the MAIN problem..the MSM DOES need to be taken out !! I've said this many times......they lie and create myths

In the good ole days, Cops had a ready excuse...
He resisted arrest
He fell
I felt threatened

Now, everything shows up on videos. there is no hiding. Good police work comes out as good police work. Bad cops come off as bad cops.

Don’t blame the media
the media fans any flames that are there......they can turn a minor incident into a major incident.....
We live in a YouTube nation

EVERYTHING is recorded and EVERYTHING gets reported. The media is behind the curve. They pick up on what is trending on YouTube.

It is poor police work that is fanning the flames as people watch the video and say......What if that was me or my child?
your right...but they should also take some responsibility and quit sensationalizing everything.....like i said,they can take a minor incident and turn it into a major one....

Bad time to be a cop

BOOOOOOM!!! that is the MAIN problem..the MSM DOES need to be taken out !! I've said this many times......they lie and create myths

He resisted arrest
He fell
I felt threatened

Now, everything shows up on videos. there is no hiding. Good police work comes out as good police work. Bad cops come off as bad cops.

Don’t blame the media
the media fans any flames that are there......they can turn a minor incident into a major incident.....

EVERYTHING is recorded and EVERYTHING gets reported. The media is behind the curve. They pick up on what is trending on YouTube.

It is poor police work that is fanning the flames as people watch the video and say......What if that was me or my child?
Of course that only makes sense if you child is a violent criminal who is resisting arrest.

He stopped a car yesterday because the guy came up with a warrant in the system. Immediately, when he had the guy step out of his car he started screaming something
You'd be angry too if you got stopped about twenty times in a row because a felony warrant came up in the system and turned out to be bogus. The cops have got to reform their "system". It's a Democrat political machine enforced as fiat, street justice railroaded through the greased wheels of a rubber-stamp guilty-as-charged maximum-punishment court system.
Maybe dont commit felonys . Always an excuse.

We were supposed to have dinner at my brother's house yesterday, but he called me up when he got home from his shift and cancelled. He wanted to just chill after the shift he worked yesterday. He patrols a higher crime neighborhood, which is mostly blacks, and he said the past couple of weeks have gotten really bad. People aren't respectful at all. They're rude and belligerent towards him. He's been called names, taunted, it's been constant chaos. He stopped a car yesterday because the guy came up with a warrant in the system. Immediately, when he had the guy step out of his car he started screaming something about George Floyd and then became nasty and resistant. My brother and his partner, who arrived shortly after, had to tackle the guy to the ground in order to get him restrained. While this was going on he said a dozen or so blacks came running up on them, whipping out their phones recording, calling them names, taunting them. He said it was super nerve racking because in the middle of the skirmish he had no idea if any of these other people, who had no business being up that close to them, were going to run up and attack them from behind. He said it was like being in the middle of a zoo. He is starting to consider leaving the department at this point because it's become incredibly dangerous for them.

And my brother is Asian and the officer who responded to back him up is Hispanic, so this wasn't even a white cop thing; it's just an anyone in uniform thing. We're told we should be judging people by their character and not their skin color, but apparently these same people think it's fine to judge anyone in a uniform as evil.

Why would he run the plates? Did the guy do something wrong? How did he know who was in the car?

Plates get run as a normal course standard to check for stolen vehicles, dummy.

Was there a report of such a car being stolen? If not they have no reason to run the plates and again, it does NOT prove the person in the car is wanted.

But if they run the plate and the registered owner has a warrant then they can pull the vehicle over and see if that's who is driving. Perfectly legal. They don't need any more reason than an active warrant to pull someone over.
Exactly, what I said

He patrols a higher crime neighborhood, which is mostly blacks,
Racist!

My son-in-law was in Chicago yesterday; the Blacks destroyed the commercial districts.
Maybe they'll enjoy starving,

Nobody said anything about forcing people to take a job they aren't interested in.

They are, however, trying to lessen this gap and they acknowledge that it's important to do so. They reference cultural and financial barriers.

Forcing people to take jobs they aren't interested in or lowering the standards to the point general safety is compromised, are the only ways to achieve what you're asking.

We are speaking by and large where there are no victims. Millions of people are arrested every year and no one is protesting the vast majority of those arrests.
what the fk does that mean?

Just what I said. Eric Garner was doing no one any harm by standing on the sidewalk.
He was selling untaxed cigarettes, which is a crime, and he and he actively resisted arrest by swatting away an officer's arm who was trying to cuff him, which is another crime. He had a long criminal record and was currently out on bail from another arrest and this arresting would have canceled his bail and sent him to jail to wait trial, which is likely why he so strenuously resisted the police officers. He weighed 350 lbs and had a plethora of diseases that were life threatening and it is not at all clear the coke hold killed him. What is clear is that any attempt to arrest this six foot three, 350 lb guy who was resisting arrest would be dangerous to both the police and to him. So you must be saying that the proper thing for the police to do would have been to just walk away and allow him to go on breaking the law.

He had sold untaxed cigarettes in the past. You do not get to search someone over something someone did in the past and NO ONE should ever be arrested for that.
He was selling them at the time the police arrested him and that's why he resisted arrest so violently.

No he wasn't. You know this by now also but you aren't going to let that stop you.
We both know he was selling untaxed cigarettes at the time of his arrest and that's why he refused to allow the police to search him. I think you are carrying on like this because you are trying to make a case for racism, but there is no evidence any of the police actions were motivated by racism in any of these cases so all you doing is making a case for not arresting criminals.

I'm "carrying on" because they violated his civil rights and the city paid the family millions over that. He was not selling cigarettes. If he was you can bet the police would have made a big deal about finding them on him. They didn't.
The lawsuit was about the chokehold, not about the original crime. Try to be honest.

There was no original crime.
Obviously that is not true or he wouldn't have refused to have the police search him. Given the fact that he had been arrested for selling untaxed cigarettes several times in the past at that location, the police had probably cause to search him, and the court would have canceled his bail and sent him back to prison for refusing that search.

He wasn't out on bail. If the police have no reason to search me, they aren't either.
Warrant

Bad time to be a cop

He resisted arrest
He fell
I felt threatened

Don’t blame the media

actually it is the HIGH crime rates by blacks that cause the problems

Was there a report of such a car being stolen? If not they have no reason to run the plates

Running plates does not violate anyone's Constitutional rights. An officer can run plates, find out the car is clean and go back to patrolling all without the driver even knowing. You're aware of this, yes?

If you have a problem with this then you must have a problem with having your license and car plates on record at the DMV.

and again, it does NOT prove the person in the car is wanted.

If the car turns out to be stolen, the driver IS wanted now. For driving a stolen car. Duh.

The car wasn't stolen.

No shit.

Your problem seems to be that officers run plates as standard procedure, not just that they ran this guy's plates. Am I right? That being the case, if they run someone's plates and it turns out the car is stolen, do you think they're going to go look at Wal-Mart for the thief? Of course not, they're going to assume the driver is the thief and pull him over.

What is it about this you don't understand?

If they get a report of a stolen red 2016 Accord then they would have a reason to check a red 2016 Accord. Otherwise, no, leave people alone.

They ARE being left alone. If the car is clean and the registered owner/driver has no outstanding warrants or traffic tickets or they have no reason to pull him over, he is left alone and goes on about his business never knowing that the police just ran his plates. So what exactly is your problem with this?

Was there a report of such a car being stolen? If not they have no reason to run the plates

Running plates does not violate anyone's Constitutional rights. An officer can run plates, find out the car is clean and go back to patrolling all without the driver even knowing. You're aware of this, yes?

If you have a problem with this then you must have a problem with having your license and car plates on record at the DMV.

and again, it does NOT prove the person in the car is wanted.

If the car turns out to be stolen, the driver IS wanted now. For driving a stolen car. Duh.

I am a law abiding citizen and I have a clean record and I have an issue with running the plate, why would they pull him over, make something up to pull him/her over.

I don't understand, is that a question or a statement?

Bad time to be a cop

He resisted arrest
He fell
I felt threatened

Don’t blame the media

actually it is the HIGH crime rates by blacks that cause the problems

Well the old days of kicking ass and busting heads are over. your buddies can’t cover for your abuses of power and somewhere it will be recorded on camera.

Forum List

Back