My conclusion on the Arizona law now up for signing/veto

Exactly. Do you see any reason he should be forced to cater to them?
Yep. We call it the Bottom Line. An interesting concept. You should read up on it sometime?

And if the business decides they want to stupidly do something that is not the best for their 'bottom line', they have the goddamn motherfucking shit stinking freedom to do so... you fucking authoritarian piece of shit
I like you Dave, you're nuts.

After listening to and reading about this bill I have come to what will likely be an unpopular opinion among the right.

This bill seems to me that rather than protecting the rights of Americans it targets others for public persecution. Lifting christians while pushing others down. We don't need laws in this country that pit one class of citizen against another.
I've always said gays don't need or deserve special rights or attention and neither do christians. A law protecting the targeting of "certain" citizens should scare all of us.

I do think businesses should be able to conduct themselves as they see fit, within the law, and let the public decide if they deserve to be patronized.

You understand the law was passed in response to court cases where bakeries etc were forced to do business with people in circumstances that violated their own beliefs, right? Not passing the law creates privileged classes, in this case homos, in addition to the other classes of race, age, religion, and sex.

Passing this bill, as well as other discriminatory, would create a privileged class - "christians".

It would have been overturned on the federal level because of that thing you rw's hate so much - our Constitution.

Its a non-issue. The bill should never have been written, should not have been voted on. It lost, not because of basic civil rights but because AZ didn't want to lose money.

But, never fear - it has not gone away and AZ as well as other backward states will continue to work to deny basic civil rights to various groups of US citizens.

I wish the homophobes, the racists and the women/children haters would move to Russia. Love it or leave it and some of you hate our First Amendment.

After listening to and reading about this bill I have come to what will likely be an unpopular opinion among the right.

This bill seems to me that rather than protecting the rights of Americans it targets others for public persecution. Lifting christians while pushing others down. We don't need laws in this country that pit one class of citizen against another.
I've always said gays don't need or deserve special rights or attention and neither do christians. A law protecting the targeting of "certain" citizens should scare all of us.

I do think businesses should be able to conduct themselves as they see fit, within the law, and let the public decide if they deserve to be patronized.

You understand the law was passed in response to court cases where bakeries etc were forced to do business with people in circumstances that violated their own beliefs, right? Not passing the law creates privileged classes, in this case homos, in addition to the other classes of race, age, religion, and sex.

Passing this bill, as well as other discriminatory, would create a privileged class - "christians".

It would have been overturned on the federal level because of that thing you rw's hate so much - our Constitution.

Its a non-issue. The bill should never have been written, should not have been voted on. It lost, not because of basic civil rights but because AZ didn't want to lose money.

But, never fear - it has not gone away and AZ as well as other backward states will continue to work to deny basic civil rights to various groups of US citizens.

I wish the homophobes, the racists and the women/children haters would move to Russia. Love it or leave it and some of you hate our First Amendment.

Yes, religious belief is a privieleged class under our gov't. Check the Constitution, BoR, First Amendment. There has always been wide latitude given to religius groups to accomodate their beliefs. At least until this administration.
As usual, you fail grossly.

and can you identify that specific constitutionally protected right that they would be denied?

You seem to think that the constitution would be violated by such a law.

Further, the bill said nothing about Christians whatsoever. Nothing. You open your premise with a falsehood so I have serious doubts that the things that follow are on more solid ground.

Forum List

Back