My Favorite Renditions of the Star Spangled Banner

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
These are a few of my favorite performances of the National Anthem, just wanted to share.

Home Free - a huge performance
Lee Greenwood’s ‘God Bless The USA’ Just Went A Cappella And It's The BEST THING You’ll Hear all Day

God Bless the USA by that group

Lady Gaga, yes, just shoot me, did a great performance of our national anthem

Whitney Houston - a great performance

Lee Greenwood - Mr America, IMO

Rhema Marvanne, a little 5 year old that sings better than most adult professional singers, IMO

Our national anthem blows all other anthems out of the water. Russia's anthem is written well too.

Here's my favorite. I love it so much I paid money to download the original. Still gives me chills.

Jimi Hendrix- The Star Spangled Banner(Live at Woodstock 1969)

Last edited:

José Feliciano- The Star Spangled Banner(1968 World Series)

Our national anthem blows all other anthems out of the water. Russia's anthem is written well too.
Interesting how individual taste in music varies so broadly.

I think the Star Spangled Banner is the least inspiring anthem of all. Compared with the French Marseillaise, the German Deutschland Uber Alles and the Russian Internationale, the Star Spangled Banner is musically simplistic and dull.

First of all, fuck Lee Greenwood.

Second of all, I think one of the best renditions I've ever heard was Kathy Lee Gifford, believe it or not:

A bit showy, but really well executed.

It's a tie between Whitney Houston and Jennifer Hudson. Kelly Clarkson's was also good.

Last edited:
I believe this is gonna be everybody's favorite. If you don't understand the words, I'll try to post them later.

Last edited:
To me this is one of the best renditions out there. I do apologize if the sound is not that great. Its the best that I was able to get.

God bless you and the performing act always!!!

Holly

P.S. This performance of our anthem took place just before the City Of Hope celebrity softball challenge in 2001.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back