My meager "defense" of Roy Moore.....

Only a perv in his thirties dates girls who are 14, 16, and 17.
You may not like it, but it wasn't illegal..
The behavior toward the 14 year old was very much illegal: he sexually touched her. The behavior toward all three girls was certainly immoral and not worthy of a man to be US Senator.

First there is no 14 year old in this story, she's a mature woman with three proven false allegations, and a butt load of money problems. There's no way she would be believed in a court of law, of course it will never be heard in a court, will it? Now it's just sleazy politics.

What court of law?
She is dealing in the court of public opinion

This is what Creepy Roy is really like

The behavior toward the 14 year old was very much illegal: he sexually touched her. The behavior toward all three girls was certainly immoral and not worthy of a man to be US Senator.

First there is no 14 year old in this story, she's a mature woman with three proven false allegations, and a butt load of money problems. There's no way she would be believed in a court of law, of course it will never be heard in a court, will it? Now it's just sleazy politics.

What court of law?

So you claim to know him personally? How do you go about proving or disproving something almost 40 years later when there is no hard evidence?

I am a liberal, and those fellow posters on here who either like or hate my posts, can attest to my leanings......

With that preface, I absolutely despise and have contempt for Roy Moore and would readily label him a hypocritical, right wing , slime bucket........HOWEVER, I cannot endorse the barrage of slander and libel heaped upon this guy based solely on the testimony of some women 40 years after the fact.

Moore has NOT been hiding for these last 4 decades and he has blustered his way into Alabaman politics ever since I can remember.....and NOT a peep upon these allegations has ever surfaced.

I hope Moore loses next month's election....BUT, he should lose because he is a scum bag and NOT based on allegations that should have been voiced many, many years ago.

His two removals from judiciary positions should have been enough to disqualify him in the eyes of the voters.

I am a liberal, and those fellow posters on here who either like or hate my posts, can attest to my leanings......

With that preface, I absolutely despise and have contempt for Roy Moore and would readily label him a hypocritical, right wing , slime bucket........HOWEVER, I cannot endorse the barrage of slander and libel heaped upon this guy based solely on the testimony of some women 40 years after the fact.

Moore has NOT been hiding for these last 4 decades and he has blustered his way into Alabaman politics ever since I can remember.....and NOT a peep upon these allegations has ever surfaced.

I hope Moore loses next month's election....BUT, he should lose because he is a scum bag and NOT based on allegations that should have been voiced many, many years ago.

His two removals from judiciary positions should have been enough to disqualify him in the eyes of the voters.

'Everyone thought it was weird': Deputy DA who served with Moore confirms 'he dated high school girls'

What court of law?

So you claim to know him personally? How do you go about proving or disproving something almost 40 years later when there is no hard evidence?

Can I just inject a point of order here, so to speak? without regard to the specifics of this case...

Testimony is a form of evidence.

Your reference to 'hard evidence' not existing may be true, but, hard evidence is not the only evidence to support a case.

'Everyone thought it was weird': Deputy DA who served with Moore confirms 'he dated high school girls'

Sort of out of nowhere, you just made me think of this. A while ago, long before this, someone was talking about how many hit songs there've been about guys banging underage girls. And then later, I happened to hear this one...
...let's face it, a really beautiful song otherwise:

You may not like it, but it wasn't illegal.

Taking a 14 year old to a house, stripping her nearly naked, fondling her breasts, and having her fondle your penis is a Class "C" felony under Alabama law.

>>>>

Simple allegations are not evidence in a court of law, in fact at this late date the law is irrelevant. At this point it's nothing but political BS, there is nothing to be done legally. Why do I call it political BS? The post held the story till Moore couldn't be replaced on the ballot. True or not, it's a political hit job.

and republicans are so great at hit jobs Take Bill Obama and Hillary for example Love it when republican filth call on others to clean up their act

Sort of out of nowhere, you just made me think of this. A while ago, long before this, someone was talking about how many hit songs there've been about guys banging underage girls. And then later, I happened to hear this one...
...let's face it, a really beautiful song otherwise:

Oh, while we're at it, there was Gary Puckett and the Union Gap's big hit 'Young Girl',

the Jefferson Airplane's 'Come Up the Years', made more 'poignant' when Marty Balin, it's author, got busted with some 13 year olds, lol.

What court of law?

She does

Now....who do I believe?
Who do I believe?

An innocent victim or Creepy Roy?

What I'd actually "love" to see if Moore were to actually be voted in by Alabamans with the mentality of gerbils, is that McConnell.....as senate majority leader....could actually DENY Moore a seat in the senate......It is an option, after all.

So you don't care whether the allegations are true or not- you just think that after 40 years it doesn't matter. Or you don't care because these women didn't mention it before now- even if they are true?

I absolutely can understand either of these two positions:
a) I don't believe that the allegations against Roy Moore are true based upon what I have heard or
b) I believe that the allegations against Roy Moore may be true based upon what I have heard.

But I think it is morally reprehensible to hide behind the length of time from when it happened to when it was revealed- regardless of the truth.

Totally irresponsible journalism from, where else, The Washington Bezos Post.
Wrong again, as usual.

“Using Bannon's logic that the whole Moore story was cooked up by the media to get Moore, you must also believe the following things:

* The Post convinced four women, who were willing to put their names forward publicly and risk the scrutiny that comes with that decision, to lie about their interactions with Moore when they were teenagers. The Post was able to do this despite the fact that the four women did not know one another. And they did not reach out to the Post in an effort to get their stories told.

* These women created detailed stories about how they met Moore, where he took them on dates and how he sought to make the relationship more romantic or sexual.

* That these women were motivated by political dislike for Moore (or Republicans) to make up these tales. (Worth noting: Leigh Corfman, the woman at the center of The Post story, voted for the Republican nominee in each of the last three elections -- including for Trump in 2016.) Or that they were paid somehow to do it. Or they just lied to lie. Or something.

* More than two dozen other people who helped corroborate the Post story were also in on this ruse. (The Post said it interviewed more than 30 people who said they knew Moore between 1977 and 1982, which is when these episodes allegedly took place.) That's a whole lot of people to organize into a grand scheme to lie about Moore's sexual misconduct.”

The 4 unbelievable things about Steve Bannon's conspiracy theory on Roy Moore - CNNPolitics

I don't know Roy Moore and I don't know Alabama politics.

However, it is strange that these women all decided to come forth at the same time. That does not happen without someone pushing them.

Also, I'd like to ask a question:

What is going on with the accusations against Trump by the 12 (or more women who came out against him)...fueled by the tape that was played of him showing him (in his own words) to be an incredible sexist ?

I assumed that was the end of his campaign. It wasn't. He was elected and where are these women now ? What is happening. If those allegations are not being follow up on (assuming there can be some legal action), then their decisions to come forth were NOTHING but politically motivated.

How can it be anything else.

I really hate to see this happen to any candidate Republican or Democrat because it can potentially be very effective (although it did not appear to derail Trump.....Trump was able to deflect things to Hillary with the help of others) and invites people to do shady things in the interest of victory.
The women didn't claim Trump broke the law

Only that he is a creep who can't keep his hands to himself

No civil suites ?

No criminal action ?

What was the motivation ?
The motivation?
Trumps big fucking mouth

I like to grab them by their pussies....can't stop kissing them
Which he dismissed as "locker room talk"

The women came forward one by one to say it was not

That has to be one of the most stupid things I have ever read.

You are telling me that unwanted advances were only revealed because he said something.

Like it was O.K. until he said something.

What I read about this is that only one woman was actually below the age of consent in Alabama, and she is the only one that claimed indecent sexual things.

The rest claimed that they just kissed and everything was consensual, only that it seemed like a male power/womanizing/character thing (in particular after they broke up), and nothing illegal happened.

Of course Moore is claiming they are all liars and making the whole situation worse.

This is more disturbing: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/04/politics/kfile-roy-moore-facebook/index.html
Roy Moore's Facebook page shared inflammatory memes, article praising Russia's anti-gay laws - CNNPolitics

One person is too many. The 16 and 17 year olds were under the age of consent back then as well.

This is a perv who chased under age women.

This is the man who was twice removed from the bench by Alabamans of all people.

He is a fan of Russia.

He is a homophobe.

He is not fit to be a US Senator.

Forum List

Back