My meager "defense" of Roy Moore.....

What I'd actually "love" to see if Moore were to actually be voted in by Alabamans with the mentality of gerbils, is that McConnell.....as senate majority leader....could actually DENY Moore a seat in the senate......It is an option, after all.
He would never do it

One person is too many. The 16 and 17 year olds were under the age of consent back then as well.

This is a perv who chased under age women.

This is the man who was twice removed from the bench by Alabamans of all people.

He is a fan of Russia.

He is a homophobe.

He is not fit to be a US Senator.
Molesting young girls is one of his finer points

You may not like it, but it wasn't illegal..
The behavior toward the 14 year old was very much illegal: he sexually touched her. The behavior toward all three girls was certainly immoral and not worthy of a man to be US Senator.

First there is no 14 year old in this story, she's a mature woman with three proven false allegations, and a butt load of money problems. There's no way she would be believed in a court of law, of course it will never be heard in a court, will it? Now it's just sleazy politics.

What court of law?
She is dealing in the court of public opinion

This is what Creepy Roy is really like

So you claim to know him personally? How do you go about proving or disproving something almost 40 years later when there is no hard evidence?

Can I just inject a point of order here, so to speak? without regard to the specifics of this case...

Testimony is a form of evidence.

Your reference to 'hard evidence' not existing may be true, but, hard evidence is not the only evidence to support a case.

Yeah, how about you provide an alibi for 40 years ago that wasn't a special occasion, and you were just going about your life. Also testimony, in this country anyways has to be supported, other wise we'd all be rich making claims against big companies.

OK, this is not a trial with a required set of criminal laws to be followed.

This is about an incident that happened along time ago.

So reputation and others' comments about a person's behavior are relevant here.

He is a creep, and you are defending a creep.

One person is too many. The 16 and 17 year olds were under the age of consent back then as well.
Nope, the age of consent was and is 16 in Alabama.
She was 14, and the age of consent forty years ago was 18 or being married. But you can offer proof if you want, since it is your affirmtion.
"The legal age of consent in Alabama, then and now, is 16.", in this article:
Roy Moore accused of sexual encounter with teen in 1979

but it wouldn't matter anyways because all they claimed is that he kissed them (except for the 14 y.o.). There was one who was supposed given alcohol (no, I do not think it's a big deal).

I am a liberal, and those fellow posters on here who either like or hate my posts, can attest to my leanings......

With that preface, I absolutely despise and have contempt for Roy Moore and would readily label him a hypocritical, right wing , slime bucket........HOWEVER, I cannot endorse the barrage of slander and libel heaped upon this guy based solely on the testimony of some women 40 years after the fact.

Moore has NOT been hiding for these last 4 decades and he has blustered his way into Alabaman politics ever since I can remember.....and NOT a peep upon these allegations has ever surfaced.

I hope Moore loses next month's election....BUT, he should lose because he is a scum bag and NOT based on allegations that should have been voiced many, many years ago.

Should have, huh?

Who are you to determine when an abused person should speak out?

You may not like it, but it wasn't illegal..
The behavior toward the 14 year old was very much illegal: he sexually touched her. The behavior toward all three girls was certainly immoral and not worthy of a man to be US Senator.

First there is no 14 year old in this story, she's a mature woman with three proven false allegations, and a butt load of money problems. There's no way she would be believed in a court of law, of course it will never be heard in a court, will it? Now it's just sleazy politics.

What court of law?
She is dealing in the court of public opinion

This is what Creepy Roy is really like

So you claim to know him personally? How do you go about proving or disproving something almost 40 years later when there is no hard evidence?

She does

Now....who do I believe?
Who do I believe?

An innocent victim or Creepy Roy?

Innocent victim, hardly, she's known for making at least three false allegations even tried to sue one of them, you call that innocent?

Last edited:

This is the man who was twice removed from the bench by Alabamans of all people.

He is a fan of Russia.

He is a homophobe.

There you go lying again, there was never a vote to remove him from the bench, that was done by the establishment. He was reelected after the first time.

We have a shit load of creeps in congress of one stripe or another, so what's your point?

He is a fan of Russia.

He is a homophobe.

There you go lying again, there was never a vote to remove him from the bench, that was done by the establishment. He was reelected after the first time..
"twice removed from the bench by Alabamans of all people" says nothing about a vote. He was removed twice because a perv should not be on the bench.

We have a shit load of creeps in congress of one stripe or another, so what's your point?.
So you love the creeps and pervs in Congress? Hmmm.

What I read about this is that only one woman was actually below the age of consent in Alabama, and she is the only one that claimed indecent sexual things.

The rest claimed that they just kissed and everything was consensual, only that it seemed like a male power/womanizing/character thing (in particular after they broke up), and nothing illegal happened.

Of course Moore is claiming they are all liars and making the whole situation worse.

This is more disturbing:
Roy Moore's Facebook page shared inflammatory memes, article praising Russia's anti-gay laws - CNNPolitics
Correct.

Moore’s advocacy of ‘criminalizing’ homosexuality in violation of the Constitution alone renders him unfit to hold public office.

And the fact that Republicans continue to support Moore makes them just as reprehensible as Moore.

Forum List

Back