My meager "defense" of Roy Moore.....

I mostly agree.

I did hear a decent argument as to the timing yesterday; no one really cared about Moore until he won the republican primary. Then WaPo sent reporters to sniff out his past ... and supposedly, it wasn't that difficult. Rumors of Moore's ephebophile-like conduct had apparently been swirling around for years, but the reporters were able to convince the women to go on the record after all those years.

What alarms me isn't the accusation. What alarms me is 1. that people are condemning him before they really have any of the details, and 2. Moore supporters are coming out with absolutely insane defenses of him. Like saying the accusers are guilty for keeping it quiet all those years and therefore Moore is a victim, and that Moore dating/molesting teenagers is okay because Mary was young too. Like, what the fuck?!!

Then you have to ask yourself about the guys who are not running for office ?

Who is being quiet about them and why ?

That is what scares me.

Is Moore a victim ? Only of the timing.

BTW: How is this ever going to be "proven" ?

Totally irresponsible journalism from, where else, The Washington Bezos Post.
Wrong again, as usual.

“Using Bannon's logic that the whole Moore story was cooked up by the media to get Moore, you must also believe the following things:

* The Post convinced four women, who were willing to put their names forward publicly and risk the scrutiny that comes with that decision, to lie about their interactions with Moore when they were teenagers. The Post was able to do this despite the fact that the four women did not know one another. And they did not reach out to the Post in an effort to get their stories told.

* These women created detailed stories about how they met Moore, where he took them on dates and how he sought to make the relationship more romantic or sexual.

* That these women were motivated by political dislike for Moore (or Republicans) to make up these tales. (Worth noting: Leigh Corfman, the woman at the center of The Post story, voted for the Republican nominee in each of the last three elections -- including for Trump in 2016.) Or that they were paid somehow to do it. Or they just lied to lie. Or something.

* More than two dozen other people who helped corroborate the Post story were also in on this ruse. (The Post said it interviewed more than 30 people who said they knew Moore between 1977 and 1982, which is when these episodes allegedly took place.) That's a whole lot of people to organize into a grand scheme to lie about Moore's sexual misconduct.”

The 4 unbelievable things about Steve Bannon's conspiracy theory on Roy Moore - CNNPolitics

I don't know Roy Moore and I don't know Alabama politics.

However, it is strange that these women all decided to come forth at the same time. That does not happen without someone pushing them.

Also, I'd like to ask a question:

What is going on with the accusations against Trump by the 12 (or more women who came out against him)...fueled by the tape that was played of him showing him (in his own words) to be an incredible sexist ?

I assumed that was the end of his campaign. It wasn't. He was elected and where are these women now ? What is happening. If those allegations are not being follow up on (assuming there can be some legal action), then their decisions to come forth were NOTHING but politically motivated.

How can it be anything else.

I really hate to see this happen to any candidate Republican or Democrat because it can potentially be very effective (although it did not appear to derail Trump.....Trump was able to deflect things to Hillary with the help of others) and invites people to do shady things in the interest of victory.
The women didn't claim Trump broke the law

Only that he is a creep who can't keep his hands to himself

No civil suites ?

No criminal action ?

What was the motivation ?

Wrong again, as usual.

“Using Bannon's logic that the whole Moore story was cooked up by the media to get Moore, you must also believe the following things:

* The Post convinced four women, who were willing to put their names forward publicly and risk the scrutiny that comes with that decision, to lie about their interactions with Moore when they were teenagers. The Post was able to do this despite the fact that the four women did not know one another. And they did not reach out to the Post in an effort to get their stories told.

* These women created detailed stories about how they met Moore, where he took them on dates and how he sought to make the relationship more romantic or sexual.

* That these women were motivated by political dislike for Moore (or Republicans) to make up these tales. (Worth noting: Leigh Corfman, the woman at the center of The Post story, voted for the Republican nominee in each of the last three elections -- including for Trump in 2016.) Or that they were paid somehow to do it. Or they just lied to lie. Or something.

* More than two dozen other people who helped corroborate the Post story were also in on this ruse. (The Post said it interviewed more than 30 people who said they knew Moore between 1977 and 1982, which is when these episodes allegedly took place.) That's a whole lot of people to organize into a grand scheme to lie about Moore's sexual misconduct.”

The 4 unbelievable things about Steve Bannon's conspiracy theory on Roy Moore - CNNPolitics

It is totally irresponsible to put out a story like that from nearly 40 years ago with no official record or proof of the incident. I didn't even hear what Steve Bannon said and I don't care. This is character assassination without any basis in proof. It may be true it may be false but the fact that WAPO ran the story has already caused damage to the man and that is fundamentally wrong.
How do we know there is no "official record or proof of the incident"...that claim was put out there immediately....show that no one ever ever said this happened before this week.

I am a liberal, and those fellow posters on here who either like or hate my posts, can attest to my leanings......

With that preface, I absolutely despise and have contempt for Roy Moore and would readily label him a hypocritical, right wing , slime bucket........HOWEVER, I cannot endorse the barrage of slander and libel heaped upon this guy based solely on the testimony of some women 40 years after the fact.

Moore has NOT been hiding for these last 4 decades and he has blustered his way into Alabaman politics ever since I can remember.....and NOT a peep upon these allegations has ever surfaced.

I hope Moore loses next month's election....BUT, he should lose because he is a scum bag and NOT based on allegations that should have been voiced many, many years ago.
Didn't republicans do the same with Clinton ,going back into his past ?? Why not return the favor ??

Wrong again, as usual.

It is totally irresponsible to put out a story like that from nearly 40 years ago with no official record or proof of the incident. I didn't even hear what Steve Bannon said and I don't care. This is character assassination without any basis in proof. It may be true it may be false but the fact that WAPO ran the story has already caused damage to the man and that is fundamentally wrong.
How do we know there is no "official record or proof of the incident"...that claim was put out there immediately....show that no one ever ever said this happened before this week.

Don't have to. Legally, the burden of proof is on the accuser.

It should be noted that Moore, as far as I know, has not once denied the charge. And also, one of his supporters used biblical stories to justify a 32 year old banging a 14 year old.

He has denied it and he didn't bang any of them, hell it would even have been illegal doing what three of the accusers are saying. So you might want to keep up.

He didn't remember whether he dated them but he remembers he didn't do anything. That is amazing.

Just noticed a typo in my post, it should read:

hell it wouldn't even have been illegal doing what three of the accusers are saying.

If he had "done something" it still wouldn't have been illegal, three were above the age of consent. I'm not saying I would consider it appropriate, I'm just saying it wouldn't have been illegal.

It should be noted that Moore, as far as I know, has not once denied the charge. And also, one of his supporters used biblical stories to justify a 32 year old banging a 14 year old.

He has denied it and he didn't bang any of them, hell it would even have been illegal doing what three of the accusers are saying. So you might want to keep up.

Why is Bill C automatically a sexual predator but Moore is not even though he has several victims making the claim?

Did his victims wait almost 40 years?

Many of Bill Clinton's accusers did the same thing. They came out years after it happened when Clinton was running for President.

Not almost 40 years.

Of course, Alabama also gave us the sleaze bag Hubbard (state GOP house speaker)......Look up this crook's history.

Maybe it was not unusual for a 30 plus year old man to be dating teen girls back then in Alabama?

Only a perv in his thirties dates girls who are 14, 16, and 17.
You may not like it, but it wasn't illegal..
The behavior toward the 14 year old was very much illegal: he sexually touched her. The behavior toward all three girls was certainly immoral and not worthy of a man to be US Senator.

First there is no 14 year old in this story, she's a mature woman with three proven false allegations, and a butt load of money problems. There's no way she would be believed in a court of law, of course it will never be heard in a court, will it? Now it's just sleazy politics.

She was 14 when she was motivated, and the alt right can't escape that even in AL the odds are dropping for the creep pervert.

You may not like it, but it wasn't illegal.

Taking a 14 year old to a house, stripping her nearly naked, fondling her breasts, and having her fondle your penis is a Class "C" felony under Alabama law.

>>>>

Simple allegations are not evidence in a court of law, in fact at this late date the law is irrelevant. At this point it's nothing but political BS, there is nothing to be done legally. Why do I call it political BS? The post held the story till Moore couldn't be replaced on the ballot. True or not, it's a political hit job.

The behavior toward the 14 year old was very much illegal: he sexually touched her. The behavior toward all three girls was certainly immoral and not worthy of a man to be US Senator.

First there is no 14 year old in this story, she's a mature woman with three proven false allegations, and a butt load of money problems. There's no way she would be believed in a court of law, of course it will never be heard in a court, will it? Now it's just sleazy politics.

a respectable LINK to the 3 allegedly PROVEN false allegations....please.... where did you get that tidbit of information from? How was it PROVEN?

otherwise YOU are just making crap up, like you usually do.... :rolleyes:

That's why the challenger has picked up 11 points from last month and is tied 46-46 as of yesterday.

"Due Process" as in criminal action is not possible at this late date.

However, the Will of We The People is possible and will happen in the election next month.

How do you know it's actually tied?

Polls....the same ones having Hitlery winning in a landslide LOL
Occam's Razor.

Yeah, it never applies to politics, there's always an ulterior motive.

a respectable LINK to the 3 allegedly PROVEN false allegations....please.... where did you get that tidbit of information from? How was it PROVEN?

otherwise YOU are just making crap up, like you usually do.... :rolleyes:

She tried to sue one of them, it was thrown out of court. Feel free to research the AL court records to disprove that, you're asking Moore to undertake a similar task, so don't claim I'm being unfair.

Wrong again, as usual.

I don't know Roy Moore and I don't know Alabama politics.

However, it is strange that these women all decided to come forth at the same time. That does not happen without someone pushing them.

Also, I'd like to ask a question:

What is going on with the accusations against Trump by the 12 (or more women who came out against him)...fueled by the tape that was played of him showing him (in his own words) to be an incredible sexist ?

I assumed that was the end of his campaign. It wasn't. He was elected and where are these women now ? What is happening. If those allegations are not being follow up on (assuming there can be some legal action), then their decisions to come forth were NOTHING but politically motivated.

How can it be anything else.

I really hate to see this happen to any candidate Republican or Democrat because it can potentially be very effective (although it did not appear to derail Trump.....Trump was able to deflect things to Hillary with the help of others) and invites people to do shady things in the interest of victory.
The women didn't claim Trump broke the law

Only that he is a creep who can't keep his hands to himself

No civil suites ?

No criminal action ?

What was the motivation ?
The motivation?
Trumps big fucking mouth

I like to grab them by their pussies....can't stop kissing them
Which he dismissed as "locker room talk"

The women came forward one by one to say it was not

Forum List

Back