My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

You'll have to show me how a teacher once the shooting begins tries to calm kids or get them to safety and tries to open the safe in all the chaos.

You can open a biometric safe in seconds with your eyes closed.

Even if there is total chaos and you're thinking about getting the kids to safety first? You can say all you want sitting behind your computer in the safety of your home. How many teacher's are going to completly going to freeze?

I'm all for one entrance to schools with metal detector's and a carrying cop at the door checking people.

So if 20% carry guns and half of them freeze, so what? The ones who freeze don't help but they don't hurt and you still have the shooter not knowing who is armed.

Also "freeze" is not binary. A teacher may freeze to pursue the shooter, but they may turn around and shoot when the shooter walks into their classroom. Either way, they are a risk to the shooter

So a cop walks in and sees someone with a gun without knowing a 100% who the shooter is, bang that teacher is dead. Doesn't matter the teacher is yelling I'm a teacher, how the hell is the cop suppose to know? Bang your dead teach.

That is an unlikely scenario.
There would be training so you could avoid those situations.
And the cops are going in with the knowledge that there are armed teachers.
They could even announce a code word over the intercom telling the teachers that the police are on the scene.

Yes, still, it could happen no matter how much you train, I concede that.

What's truly bizarre about her argument is that she is choosing to avoid the risk of an accident rather than try to stop someone actually aiming and shooting at people.

You think she'd suddenly get that if she and/or her family were in the building? Maybe the risk of an accident is worth actually trying to stop the shooter?

Think about it, the Police were called to this kid's house 39 times, he was expelled from school, he posted a you tube where he claimed to be a future mass murderer and a tipster reported to the FBI in January that he was stockpiling weapons and planning mass murder. Nothing happened because the FBI was focused on a cover up of their illegal surveillance of the President.

1) You are going to pay for it? 2) If the teacher and his/her students are under fire, does he/she have time to get the gun free in order to protect them? and 3) how many parents are going to have a say in if the school teachers are armed and how many do you think would vote for it? Not most. I know. Parents don't want non-police professionals armed and guns floating around the school.

You really dont know shit about guns or gun safes do you?
That doesn't matter. If a teacher can get to the gun, so can a wiley student. Arming teachers is an intensely stupid idea. More guns in our country does not mean more safety.

You'll have to explain to me how a kid is going to bypass a biometric lock.
And you may be right in one case kinda...we shouldnt let the female teachers have access to the firearms.

You'll have to show me how a teacher once the shooting begins tries to calm kids or get them to safety and tries to open the safe in all the chaos.

Sounds very cool, but schools can't afford textbooks or dry erase markers. Biometric safes?

Think about it, the Police were called to this kid's house 39 times, he was expelled from school, he posted a you tube where he claimed to be a future mass murderer and a tipster reported to the FBI in January that he was stockpiling weapons and planning mass murder. Nothing happened because the FBI was focused on a cover up of their illegal surveillance of the President.

I think the problem is that we have so many guns everywhere the FBI and law enforcement are dealing with constant threats. Heck even our law enforcement get shot and killed regularly.

it will never get passed local law enforcement ... ever.

Maybe not where you live ... But everywhere is not necessarily a police state.
Local law enforcement here actually conducts firearms training for civilians.

What in the hell?
Sounds like the training was to hunker down and try and keep one's dignity as one was shot.

I think I'd be crying too.

Useful use of tax money then...

In the last thread I heard complaining that there is no money for even security, but apparently this goes on.
The school districts have no money for security b/c they are spending billions of dollars paying for pensions of (cough) teachers.

98% of teachers don’t want guns in their classrooms.
There are too many variables where they will do much more harm than good.

That's just a flat out lie that you made up

NOPE ...

neither do police and emergency rescue .. the fewer people with guns the better they like it .. reduces the risk of them getting shot while teyre trying to figure out wtf is who

fact

98% is a lie, liar

And yes, of course, only government employees can use guns responsibly and should be armed, thanks for letting me know that. You're just a leftist ideologue

prove that asshat

I have to prove that the stat reasonable (sic) made up isn't true?

LOL, what a useless leftist douche

Police were called to this kid's house 39 times, he was expelled from school, he posted a you tube where he claimed to be a future mass murderer and a tipster reported to the FBI

god damn city cops should have been in the middle of that before the Feds got called .

Even if there is total chaos and you're thinking about getting the kids to safety first? You can say all you want sitting behind your computer in the safety of your home. How many teacher's are going to completly going to freeze?

I'm all for one entrance to schools with metal detector's and a carrying cop at the door checking people.

So if 20% carry guns and half of them freeze, so what? The ones who freeze don't help but they don't hurt and you still have the shooter not knowing who is armed.

Also "freeze" is not binary. A teacher may freeze to pursue the shooter, but they may turn around and shoot when the shooter walks into their classroom. Either way, they are a risk to the shooter

So a cop walks in and sees someone with a gun without knowing a 100% who the shooter is, bang that teacher is dead. Doesn't matter the teacher is yelling I'm a teacher, how the hell is the cop suppose to know? Bang your dead teach.

They could even announce a code word over the intercom telling the teachers that the police are on the scene.

The unlikely scenario is a FUCKING SCHOOL SHOOTING. This becomes even more unlikely if the availability of weapons is regulated. Simple.

It's funny that the gun nuts want laws requiring teachers to be armed,

but with any gun related law they don't like, they say, oh, well, the criminals will just find a way around the law...
It should be a choice, and no progressives do not know what’s best for teachers and the kids…

it will never get passed local law enforcement ... ever.
If teachers want to carry they should be able to do so, if they don’t that’s fine too.
South Dakota Governor Signs Law Allowing Guns In Schools
SD Lawmakers Considering Weakening Gun Control Laws
Guns In Classrooms: South Dakota Governor Signs Law Allowing Teachers To Arm Themselves | HuffPost

Hope you daughter never has to deal with it.

Kids are tough to relate to sometimes. I have one that was a Bernie nut and one "gun nut" as the lefties like to call them.

BOTH girls in their twenties so I just nod and say yes dear...
So you had one kid that turned out well despite your negative influence.
One out of two ain’t bad.

Fucking dickhead.

Well, that's not why the FBI ignored it, but they made a mistake for sure.
The screeners taking the calls on the hotline have to make a decision on whether the report is credible. When I worked for child protective, we often found that there had been reports deemed "inappropriate" for investigation in the past. (Tip: If you make a report on anyone to any agency, (1) don't call drunk (2) don't try to disguise your voice and (3) don't call the person you're reporting on a goddamned fucking shithead).
This sounds, on paper, as if it was credible. I'm guessing the screener or the supervisor didn't, and there is a reason for it. They were obviously wrong--that happens. But that's my guess for what happened.

There is no poll.

I found a self selected internet poll on the HuffPost and it still only had 70% of those that responded being against it. The 98% number is total bullshit someone pulled out of their ass

Teachers are overwhelmingly liberal, the 70% number I can believe.

I agree with them, none of them should be forced to carry a gun. The other 30% can save them while they hide under desks waiting to die

Nobody should be forced to carry a gun, no matter who they are.

As for your silly stereotyping, there are lots of liberals that own guns and know how ot use them. This sort of stereotyping does not help anyone.

I also do not agree with all of your dime story cowboys disparaging the Run/Hide/Fight plan for an active shooter event. This is what the Marine Corps teaches the Marines. It is what the DOD teaches and it is what every law enforcement agency in the country advocates.
But the problem is the collective/federal government/deep state and want to force everyone into the same box.
The federal government is the last thing we should be trusting for anyones safety, only a fool would trust them.

And yet you do so every day.

All government does for virtually every shooting is come, draw a line around the body and make a few inquiries to see if they can figure out who did it.

The role of the police actually protecting us is virtually non-existent. Maybe you could call a time out with the shooter and you would wait for them together. If they have a phone, you could play a multi-player game while you wait

In spite of what occurred on Wednesday, your children ( and their teachers ) are much less likely to be shot in school than they are in their own homes.

The idea that introducing firearms into classrooms will result in a safer environment for children is ludicrous. Fear is a poor basis for sound decision making.

That you have to go with emotional language saying in "classrooms" shows that even you know how terrible your argument is. First, schools are more than just classrooms and administrators don't dwell in classrooms and teachers aren't there all the time. It's about schools, not just "classrooms."

Second, you're afraid teachers are going to start shooting kids who don't do their homework?

That when a kid is murdering 17 students and shooting dozens more your focus is working even harder to ensure his safety shows how sick you are.

They really need to get inner city liberals like you out of your secluded lofts and wine bars and into the rest of America where you can meet real Americans who own guns and you can cure your bigotry and ignorance about Americans

That is awesome. So much stupid in one post. You are fantastic.

You're the one fighting for the safety of people to go into schools and shoot people, and you're talking about someone else's post being "stupid?"

And obviously you picked the word "classrooms" rather than "schools" to appeal to emotion. Man up to it, Nancy

Man...you think you've hit on a big one, huh? A regular semantic Captain Ahab!

I am fighting for the safety of people who go into schools and shoot people? More awesome from you. You are on a roll, hot dog.

Send in a few thousand NG into every inner city shithole and remove every firearm that is not legal. This will reduce the number of shootings by 99%.
ANYONE, including granny, who is found with an illegal firearm gets an automatic ten-spot.
You'll see hundreds of thousands of illegal firearms littering the streets.

Well, that's not why the FBI ignored it, but they made a mistake for sure.
The screeners taking the calls on the hotline have to make a decision on whether the report is credible. When I worked for child protective, we often found that there had been reports deemed "inappropriate" for investigation in the past. (Tip: If you make a report on anyone to any agency, (1) don't call drunk (2) don't try to disguise your voice and (3) don't call the person you're reporting on a goddamned fucking shithead).
This sounds, on paper, as if it was credible. I'm guessing the screener or the supervisor didn't, and there is a reason for it. They were obviously wrong--that happens. But that's my guess for what happened.

... Or they had to go pick up donuts for Mueller's team ... :dunno:

The unlikely scenario is a FUCKING SCHOOL SHOOTING. This becomes even more unlikely if the availability of weapons is regulated. Simple.

Ah, I see, so you make guns illegal, then criminals can't get them. You mean like drugs ...

Not the sharpest sponge in the shed, are you.

Explain how drug laws are eliminating the availability of drugs. Your turn, go ...

Everyone notice school shootings don't happen regularly in the UK, Germany, France, Japan, Australia, Denmark... you know, countries with strong gun control.

Ah, I see, so you make guns illegal, then criminals can't get them. You mean like drugs ...

Not the sharpest sponge in the shed, are you.

Explain how drug laws are eliminating the availability of drugs. Your turn, go ...

Countries with strong gun control sure have a lot less shootings.

Forum List

Back