My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

Well, I'll be danged, talk about timing...

Next Week, My School Will Have An 'Active Shooter' Drill. Here's What I'll Be Thinking. | HuffPost

At home, I will replay the drill. Did we get it accomplished quickly? Tightly? Efficiently? Are my children safe? Will they be safe?

Can I keep them safe?

(No.)

How would I ever live with it if I lost one?

What about 17 of them?

This would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

• So they are going to run through these drills all the time constantly terrifying children that they could be snuffed out any moment?
  • Time to go to school, Molly, where people might come with guns to KILL YOU. Go! Go get on the bus. I DARE you.
  • Kids that will now jump and cringe every time they hear a loud, sharp noise.
  • What better way to scare off a generation of people from wanting to buy, own and train with firearms and give up their rights.
  • This should work well, have all the kids hide behind thin doors and hope the intruder really thinks a classroom is empty during school with books, paper, coats and pencils laying all over the place so he will go to the NEXT room full of kids hoping the same? SHHHHHH. Be quiet.
  • What better way to make an easy target for a mass shooting than to have 30 or 40 kids all squeezed together in one tight spot?
  • This should work out well considering that 9 out of 10 times, the shooter will be a kid FROM THE SCHOOL who will know the exact placement and policies of the school and the other kids.

Liberals. About as dumb as they come, always ready to do the first stupid knee-jerk thing that comes to their mind with no hope of working rather than really think things through. And you watch, some teacher trained in firearms will bring his gun to school and keep it hidden until needed, then save a bunch of kid's lives by stopping a violent intruder------ and will get FIRED FOR IT and sued by the School, township or parents for violating idiotic laws with common sense and real action.

This would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

• So they are going to run through these drills all the time constantly terrifying children that they could be snuffed out any moment?
  • Time to go to school, Molly, where people might come with guns to KILL YOU. Go! Go get on the bus. I DARE you.
  • Kids that will now jump and cringe every time they hear a loud, sharp noise.
  • What better way to scare off a generation of people from wanting to buy, own and train with firearms and give up their rights.
  • This should work well, have all the kids hide behind thin doors and hope the intruder really thinks a classroom is empty during school with books, paper, coats and pencils laying all over the place so he will go to the NEXT room full of kids hoping the same? SHHHHHH. Be quiet.
  • What better way to make an easy target for a mass shooting than to have 30 or 40 kids all squeezed together in one tight spot?
  • This should work out well considering that 9 out of 10 times, the shooter will be a kid FROM THE SCHOOL who will know the exact placement and policies of the school and the other kids.
Liberals. About as dumb as they come, always ready to do the first stupid knee-jerk thing that comes to their mind with no hope of working rather than really think things through. And you watch, some teacher trained in firearms will bring his gun to school and keep it hidden until needed, then save a bunch of kid's lives by stopping a violent intruder------ and will get FIRED FOR IT and sued by the School, township or parents for violating idiotic laws with common sense and real action.

Active shooter trainer responded to video taken in classroom during Florida shooting ...

"What the fuck was the kid doing taking a video?
Why wasn't he looking for and planning a route of escape?
Why didn't he look around the classroom to see if anyone had a game-bag with a bat ... Find something for him to defend himself with?"

Answer: We are raising a bunch of social media driven ignorant pussies.

Does Mexico have strong gun control?
What about Jamaica? Brazil?

Is Mexico either economically or politically stable? Are they in a position to have strong gun control? No they are not. The UK is and they don't have a mass shooting problem.

Is Mexico either economically or politically stable?

That wasn't part of your original claim. Why the shift?

Because they are a very lawless country that is corrupt. They are in no position to have strong gun control. Germany is quite economically and politically stable like us and have strong gun control.

Because they are a very lawless country that is corrupt. They are in no position to have strong gun control.

Ahhhh....so that explains why Chicago was the murder capital of the US several times, despite having unconstitutional, draconian gun control laws.

Chicago has concealed carry. That's draconian gun laws? They go ccw and crime has increased. NYC sticks to strong gun laws and crime goes down.

Chicago has concealed carry. That's draconian gun laws?

No. Chicago had draconian gun control laws from the 1980s, and highest in the nation murder rates, before the Supreme Court finally struck down those laws in McDonald v. City of Chicago.

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.
Woooooooooooow wtf is wrong with America? Kids, teachers get slaughtered, going to school can get you killed just protect a 2nd amendment that was meant for the 18th century. I' glad I enjoy my childhood overseas with 0 fear.

Lol at the cons. Now thry arm the teachers, so when a teacher loses it he goes on a shooting spree. And they gonna blame it on mental issues, low salaries and heavy workloads. The world is laughing at your asses idiots.

From my link-
In the aftermath of a tragedy like the mass shooting in Las Vegas, political claims are tossed around rather quickly, and with little regard to the facts. Advocates of gun prohibition are quick to claim that the U.S. is uniquely prone to such events because of the Second Amendment’s protection of the right to keep and bear arms.

This claim, however, is false. In fact, as figures from the Crime Prevention Research Center show, “there were 55 percent more casualties per capita from mass public shootings in [the European Union] than U.S. from 2009-15.”

In other words, the opposite is true. There are actually more occurrences of, and deaths from, mass shootings in Europe than the United States, on a per capita basis.

Mass shootings are less common in the United States compared to Europe
UPDATED: Comparing Death Rates from Mass Public Shootings and Mass Public Violence in the US and Europe - Crime Prevention Research Center
The United States Does Not Have More Mass Shootings Than Europe

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.
Woooooooooooow wtf is wrong with America? Kids, teachers get slaughtered, going to school can get you killed just protect a 2nd amendment that was meant for the 18th century. I' glad I enjoy my childhood overseas with 0 fear.

There is no expiration date mentioned in the Second Amendment ... Ignorant Progressive fuckwad ... :thup:
I am glad you enjoy your childhood overseas too.

It's insane that we're even having to talk about this, and it's indicative of a much larger problem.
Where the inmates are running the asylum and the answer is always more guns.

Wouldn't you be happier for your daughter's sake if handguns and military style semi automatics (mssa) weren't so easily available? Or do you think her vulnerability is a reasonable price to pay for easy access to handguns and mmsa?

My cheap-ass Hi-point .40 caliber pistol will make you just as dead as any military style semi-automatic (mssa), as you call them. BTW, that is the very first time I have ever heard them described that way.

Shooter training.

I'm not old enough to have this, but I've heard it a dozen times from older people.. A LOT of High Schools used to have target ranges.. And they competed.. Dozens of match style rifles laying around. And hardly any school shootings. Have to get over the INNATE fear of having the right tools for the job around when you need it.

I believe that JROTC still does marksmanship at schools. But probably with air rifles.

Does this "trigger" anyone?

172.jpg

Or we could have some gun control like other countries and make the problem rare rather than a regular happening.

We could also carpet bomb inner city neighborhoods and improve our poverty numbers.
But I am not really interested in that idea nor the one you posted ... :thup:

Well many of us are interested in our children not dying. Hopefully the numbers keep growing.

Is Mexico either economically or politically stable? Are they in a position to have strong gun control? No they are not. The UK is and they don't have a mass shooting problem.

Because they are a very lawless country that is corrupt. They are in no position to have strong gun control. Germany is quite economically and politically stable like us and have strong gun control.

Because they are a very lawless country that is corrupt. They are in no position to have strong gun control.

Ahhhh....so that explains why Chicago was the murder capital of the US several times, despite having unconstitutional, draconian gun control laws.

Chicago has concealed carry. That's draconian gun laws? They go ccw and crime has increased. NYC sticks to strong gun laws and crime goes down.

No. Chicago had draconian gun control laws from the 1980s, and highest in the nation murder rates, before the Supreme Court finally struck down those laws in McDonald v. City of Chicago.

And crime has climbed every since they made it legal.

And crime has climbed every since they made it legal.

LOL you think inner city gangbangers give a shit about gun laws or even bother to get a concealed carry permit?

Shooter training.

As a teacher, of 30 years, I completely disagree with her, and I think most teachers would. Teachers can't control all students at all times: there is far too much chance of a student getting his/her hands on a teacher's gun.

You are a weak-minded loser female. That is your expected response.

Forum List

Back