My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

Because they are a very lawless country that is corrupt. They are in no position to have strong gun control. Germany is quite economically and politically stable like us and have strong gun control.

Because they are a very lawless country that is corrupt. They are in no position to have strong gun control.

Ahhhh....so that explains why Chicago was the murder capital of the US several times, despite having unconstitutional, draconian gun control laws.

Chicago has concealed carry. That's draconian gun laws? They go ccw and crime has increased. NYC sticks to strong gun laws and crime goes down.

Chicago has concealed carry. That's draconian gun laws?

No. Chicago had draconian gun control laws from the 1980s, and highest in the nation murder rates, before the Supreme Court finally struck down those laws in McDonald v. City of Chicago.

And crime has climbed every since they made it legal.

LOL you think inner city gangbangers give a shit about gun laws or even bother to get a concealed carry permit?

Yes they often do.
Wisconsin law allows repeat gun offenders to carry concealed weapons

I expected the FBI to do their job

Okay. Where is it in their job to police emo teens?

Thanks.

You do realize that they are the "Federal Bureau of Investigation", right? What federal crime was this guy supposed to be investigated for.

Sorry, guy, when you have decided as a matter of policy that every insane person has a God Given Right to Own a Machine Gun, then there's really not much the FBI could do.
The FBI has already admitted they didn't do their job. So I guess they didn't do their job.
Wray should be fired.

How long has he been in charge?

He took over in August 2017.

I am sure it was his actions since then that allowed the FBI to not do their duty.

Ridiculous!

Because they are a very lawless country that is corrupt. They are in no position to have strong gun control.

Ahhhh....so that explains why Chicago was the murder capital of the US several times, despite having unconstitutional, draconian gun control laws.

Chicago has concealed carry. That's draconian gun laws? They go ccw and crime has increased. NYC sticks to strong gun laws and crime goes down.

No. Chicago had draconian gun control laws from the 1980s, and highest in the nation murder rates, before the Supreme Court finally struck down those laws in McDonald v. City of Chicago.

LOL you think inner city gangbangers give a shit about gun laws or even bother to get a concealed carry permit?

Yes they often do.

It's a story about a guy with 3 misdemeanors not getting his concealed carry permit revoked.

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.
As a teacher, of 30 years, I completely disagree with her, and I think most teachers would. Teachers can't control all students at all times: there is far too much chance of a student getting his/her hands on a teacher's gun.

So how would the student get in to a biometric gun safe?
1) You are going to pay for it? 2) If the teacher and his/her students are under fire, does he/she have time to get the gun free in order to protect them? and 3) how many parents are going to have a say in if the school teachers are armed and how many do you think would vote for it? Not most. I know. Parents don't want non-police professionals armed and guns floating around the school.

1) It is a small price to pay considering the cost of hiring armed security guards.

2) What difference does it make if only one gets to their gun and takes down the shooter!

3) They elected the school board that makes these decisions.

How would guns in safes being "floating" around the school?

You are far too big of a dumbass to be a teacher, except for creating more dumbasses.

Yes they often do.

It's a story about a guy with 3 misdemeanors not getting his concealed carry permit revoked.
A Whitefish Bay man with three prior weapons convictions was allowed to legally carry a concealed gun. The man posted his shooting skills on Facebook. Weeks after the post, police said he shot and killed a man during a drug deal gone bad in an alley near Milwaukee's Riverside High School

Killed a man in a drug deal gone bad. Sounds like a great guy.

Police probe how gang member got concealed carry permit

98% of teachers don’t want guns in their classrooms.
There are too many variables where they will do much more harm than good.

Exactly. Having a fire arm in the class poses a very large risk. Especially when dealing with middle and high school students.

I am a teacher myself and I am against bringing guns into a classroom. It's a reckless idea.

Even if it is locked in a safe to which only you have access?

I am a teacher also. Our State Police instructors learned a new tactic to teach all of their trainees in the future that I had learned from Special Forces operators. Give me a gun and the students will be safe, or I will die trying.

We will just put you in the martyr category, so your precious beliefs will still be upheld as we lay you six feet under. We will say nice lies about your bravery, even though you apparently are too much of a coward to defend yourself and your students.

Yes they often do.

A Whitefish Bay man with three prior weapons convictions was allowed to legally carry a concealed gun. The man posted his shooting skills on Facebook. Weeks after the post, police said he shot and killed a man during a drug deal gone bad in an alley near Milwaukee's Riverside High School

Wow, yet another government failure. Why do you want them to be the only people legally carrying guns again?

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.
As a teacher, of 30 years, I completely disagree with her, and I think most teachers would. Teachers can't control all students at all times: there is far too much chance of a student getting his/her hands on a teacher's gun.

1) You are going to pay for it? 2) If the teacher and his/her students are under fire, does he/she have time to get the gun free in order to protect them? and 3) how many parents are going to have a say in if the school teachers are armed and how many do you think would vote for it? Not most. I know. Parents don't want non-police professionals armed and guns floating around the school.

You really dont know shit about guns or gun safes do you?
That doesn't matter. If a teacher can get to the gun, so can a wiley student. Arming teachers is an intensely stupid idea. More guns in our country does not mean more safety.

:bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag::bsflag:

Leave it unlocked? :290968001256257790-final:
When you close it it locks automatically dumbass.
And unless the kid brought a cutting torch to school they wont be getting into the safe.
And no an AR-15 is not a machine gun.

You call an AR-15 a machine gun and you post a vid of an M-16......pure genius.

awwwwwwww ... because that's what's relevant to the discussion, right?

hint: most people don't spend all their time drooling over Guns and Ammo.

I bet you call your Prius a Porsche......

No, they pronounce it like a "Porssssch".

Anyone familiar with the German language knows the "e" is NOT silent.

Shooter training.

There really is no solution. That is the reality of it. Strict gun control? That did not stop some of the deadliest attacks in Paris and Norway. Both of which were deadlier than anything that ever happened here.

What if there were no such thing as guns? Well, I seem to remember planes and box cutters being used to commit the worst terror attack ever and also seem to remember another attack that used fertilizer. I also seem to remember a bomb being used in England at some sluts concert, and a box truck in France.

Our world is cynical. There is too much information being passed around on the internet. We are worse than the wild wild west of the 1800s. Far worse and there is no real answer.
Discussing terrorist attacks is not relevant to this discussion and is deflection. The two types of incidents (school shootings and terrorism) are not analogous.
Holy fucking shit I hate liberals.
Probably because they are smarter than you are.
Shush Mr Hyperbole...NOBODY listens to your complete BS

Here's you "look at me!!!! I'm Joe!!!!! I'm SMART!!!!"

Everybody be like freaking moon bat

Oh, Fat Irish Sow, nobody ever thought you could hold up your end of a conversation. The short bus will be around for you soon.

Are you saying our teachers are mentally unstable and they might shoot their own students?

Um, no. Clearly reading comprehension isn't one of your strong suits.

Okay, let's look at this. Most teachers suck at classroom management. They really don't teach it. It's kind of sink or swim, which is why 50% of new teachers burn out after the first few years.

So in addition to all the other stresses of keeping track of a classroom, they now have to worry about where the gun is. Did I remember to lock it in my drawer? Did I leave it in my purse. Did little Billy just swipe it to threaten little Paco with?

AND OH MY GOD, THE ACTIVE SHOOTER ALARM JUST WENT OFF!

Yeah, I'm sure that will work just fine. And when the cops arrive to respond to the Active Shooter, they will have to sort out the teachers nervously handling guns from the Active Shooters nervously handling guns.

Or they can just shoot them all and let God sort them out.

You're a fucken idiot.
It would be locked in a biometric gun safe under the desk.
Who's paying for this? What part of the budget gets cut for this?

Do you know how inexpensive a safe is, when compared to paying armed guards?

Woooooooooooow wtf is wrong with America? Kids, teachers get slaughtered, going to school can get you killed just protect a 2nd amendment that was meant for the 18th century. I' glad I enjoy my childhood overseas with 0 fear.

There is no expiration date mentioned in the Second Amendment ... Ignorant Progressive fuckwad ... :thup:
I am glad you enjoy your childhood overseas too.

i wonder what other rights he thinks have expired?

98% of teachers don’t want guns in their classrooms.
There are too many variables where they will do much more harm than good.
Not true

-Geaux
Teachers do not want to and do not plan to be armed.

Teachers On Guns In Schools: 72 Percent Of Educators Say They ...
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../teachers-guns-schools-survey-firearms_n_277355...

Feb 27, 2013 - However, the results of a national teacher survey, released Wednesday, suggests the goals of the “guns-in-schools” bills may be far from what teachers really want. According to the online poll, 72.4 percent of teachers would not likely bring a firearm to school, if allowed. Administered by the School ...

By far most teacher and school employee organizations do now want teachers packing guns. It is a deeply unpopular idea. Teachers, on the whole, do not want to take guns to school. And it is a completely,quintessentially stupid idea.

Did you realize that is almost the exact same percentage of public school teachers that are female?

Truth be known this clown is more than likely some paper pushers BIL...

That doesn't matter. If a teacher can get to the gun, so can a wiley student. Arming teachers is an intensely stupid idea. More guns in our country does not mean more safety.

You'll have to explain to me how a kid is going to bypass a biometric lock.
And you may be right in one case kinda...we shouldnt let the female teachers have access to the firearms.

You'll have to show me how a teacher once the shooting begins tries to calm kids or get them to safety and tries to open the safe in all the chaos.

The kids are drilled to know what to do. They move without instruction. Practice, practice, practice!

The training video our State Police provided had one rather unconventional approach to a hysterical office worker who was freaking out over an armed intruder. If they will not shut up, you shut them up! My students have always taken that hint very seriously when I designate the football players to make sure the room stays quiet.

And you may be right in one case kinda...we shouldnt let the female teachers have access to the firearms.

You'll have to show me how a teacher once the shooting begins tries to calm kids or get them to safety and tries to open the safe in all the chaos.
These people, they don't know anything about schools or teaching or managing 25-30 kids in the middle of an emergency.

I am sorry that you are so incompetent. Maybe you change your line of work?

You can open a biometric safe in seconds with your eyes closed.

Even if there is total chaos and you're thinking about getting the kids to safety first? You can say all you want sitting behind your computer in the safety of your home. How many teacher's are going to completly going to freeze?

I'm all for one entrance to schools with metal detector's and a carrying cop at the door checking people.

So, what if they do? Every one that does not freeze will be a greater obstacle for the shooter.

If you simply arm the teachers, school shootings will disappear immediately after the first teacher kills an intruder.

These school shooters are mostly cowards who do NOT want to face any opposition.

You can open a biometric safe in seconds with your eyes closed.

Even if there is total chaos and you're thinking about getting the kids to safety first? You can say all you want sitting behind your computer in the safety of your home. How many teacher's are going to completly going to freeze?

I'm all for one entrance to schools with metal detector's and a carrying cop at the door checking people.

So if 20% carry guns and half of them freeze, so what? The ones who freeze don't help but they don't hurt and you still have the shooter not knowing who is armed.

Also "freeze" is not binary. A teacher may freeze to pursue the shooter, but they may turn around and shoot when the shooter walks into their classroom. Either way, they are a risk to the shooter

So a cop walks in and sees someone with a gun without knowing a 100% who the shooter is, bang that teacher is dead. Doesn't matter the teacher is yelling I'm a teacher, how the hell is the cop suppose to know? Bang your dead teach.

You think cops kill people JUST because they have a gun in their hand? How do they know it is not another cop? I think you play too many video games.

The cop will know the other person is not a shooter if they are not shooting everyone in sight! They probably have their keys on a lanyard around their neck and an ID. If they look very tired, are wearing worn out clothes, comfortable shoes, and an $8 Walmart wristwatch, they are probably a teacher!

My God, some of you people are so stupid you need a keeper!

Forum List

Back