My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

Columbine they had armed guard, it didn't do any good.
VA Tech they had an armed security force. Didn't do any good.
Ft. Hood was a military base, all those weapons didn't do much good- twice.

Bullshit. Columbine had two guards, both were outside the building when the attack began. Virginia Tech had a campus police dept. again, several minutes from the attack. Weapons at Ft.Hood are registered with the provost marshal and stored in the armory. By the time the MPs got there, the jihadist piece of shit had already done his murdering. Not a single time was there an armed officer close enough to encounter the shooters before they commenced firing. What is being proposed here is quite different....locks on classroom doors, cameras at entry points which are kept locked at all times, and profiles given to police of potential problem students. I don't believe teachers should have to defend a school...that's a trained professional's line of work. If a teacher can have a secured weapon nearby, fine, they have every right to defend themselves and their classroom. But as I said in another thread, any weapon other than martial arts, can be taken and turned on you. If I can get within arm's reach of your pistol, I'll take it away from you if I believe you'll pull the trigger. And now I have the pistol and all you got is a surprised look on your face. Secure the doors and windows and have a combat Vet on guard duty...that stops it before it starts.

Last edited:
.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.

I'm not old enough to have this, but I've heard it a dozen times from older people.. A LOT of High Schools used to have target ranges.. And they competed.. Dozens of match style rifles laying around. And hardly any school shootings. Have to get over the INNATE fear of having the right tools for the job around when you need it.

I was in high school in KY during the late 70s. We carried our .22 caliber match grade Anschutz rifles in cases into the schools where we would have competitions against other schools one day per week. My team finished 9th in the state competition out of about 50 teams from all across KY.

I believe that JROTC still does marksmanship at schools. But probably with air rifles.

Does this "trigger" anyone?

172.jpg
Drill team...baton twirling with "pieces".

That is a rifle team, not a drill team.

Is Mexico either economically or politically stable?

That wasn't part of your original claim. Why the shift?

Because they are a very lawless country that is corrupt. They are in no position to have strong gun control. Germany is quite economically and politically stable like us and have strong gun control.

Because they are a very lawless country that is corrupt. They are in no position to have strong gun control.

Ahhhh....so that explains why Chicago was the murder capital of the US several times, despite having unconstitutional, draconian gun control laws.

Chicago has concealed carry. That's draconian gun laws? They go ccw and crime has increased. NYC sticks to strong gun laws and crime goes down.

Chicago has concealed carry. That's draconian gun laws?

No. Chicago had draconian gun control laws from the 1980s, and highest in the nation murder rates, before the Supreme Court finally struck down those laws in McDonald v. City of Chicago.

And crime has climbed every since they made it legal.

Any links to back up your claim?

One has to wonder why gun lovers don't care about people dying .is it that you can be a mass shooter one day and you don't to be denied that opportunity?

Well all I can say is that it is obviously a good thing we don't think like you do ... :dunno:

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.
This is what happens when you live in the country that has the most guns per capita of any country in the world.

My fifth grade teacher could not lift a gun but she would appoint a committee to elect one of the students with top grades to do the necessary shooting. Another committee would formed to write the condolence letter to the shooter's family.

One has to wonder why gun lovers don't care about people dying .is it that you can be a mass shooter one day and you don't to be denied that opportunity?

Well all I can say is that it is obviously a good thing we don't think like you do ... :dunno:

If you did....We wouldn't have thousands of dead people every year.

You really do suck at math, did you know that?

It was your sick ass talking crazy shit about people wanting to maintain some opportunity to be mass murders ... Not me ... :dunno:

You better be careful talking crazy shooter crap like that.
There have been people in this thread suggest the FBI should be kicking in someone's door and dragging them off for posting stuff like you did online.

Feel free to go spread your crazy somewhere else whacko ... :thup:

98% of teachers don’t want guns in their classrooms.
There are too many variables where they will do much more harm than good.

Exactly. Having a fire arm in the class poses a very large risk. Especially when dealing with middle and high school students.

I am a teacher myself and I am against bringing guns into a classroom. It's a reckless idea.

Even if it is locked in a safe to which only you have access?

I am a teacher also. Our State Police instructors learned a new tactic to teach all of their trainees in the future that I had learned from Special Forces operators. Give me a gun and the students will be safe, or I will die trying.

We will just put you in the martyr category, so your precious beliefs will still be upheld as we lay you six feet under. We will say nice lies about your bravery, even though you apparently are too much of a coward to defend yourself and your students.

There's no guarantee a gun will save your life in a situation like that. Especially if the shooter has a semi automatic weapon.

Arming yourself gives you a false sense of security.

And having a shooter plus teachers shooting at the same time could lead to more deaths because of stray bullets.

You really do suck at math, did you know that?
How?

Shooter training.

My guess is that the school will resist letting teachers arm themselves (those that actually own arms and are trained to use them) because lawyers have their heads up everyone's asses about fear of legal liability, even if they arm with the same ammo used by Marshalls aboard planes (won't go through walls) so as a result, NO ONE is willing to take action, take the initiative, or lead. If schools were smart, they would incorporate an intruder control system unknown to anyone but faculty that if a gunman enters the building, classrooms can be locked down and isolated while the intruder is restricted to a hallway, etc., long enough that he can be hit with a gas spray to immobilize or incapacitate him until authorities can arrive. It really isn't that hard if we can get the fucking lawyers out of everyone's asses.
One idea that the trainer brought up - so it must be circulating - was to have a gun in a locked safe in every classroom. The teachers shot that idea down (oops) for a variety of reasons, and I can understand that. But it seems to me that if there are a few employees willing to carry it could (could) make a difference.

It's insane that we're even having to talk about this, and it's indicative of a much larger problem.

that is not really a good idea

only those who want to and have been fully trained for should handle the weapon

as for a plan every classroom should have an escape window operable from the inside

kids should be taught to " get out of there " now instead of "locking yourself in a build" with an active shooter

Shooter training.

My guess is that the school will resist letting teachers arm themselves (those that actually own arms and are trained to use them) because lawyers have their heads up everyone's asses about fear of legal liability, even if they arm with the same ammo used by Marshalls aboard planes (won't go through walls) so as a result, NO ONE is willing to take action, take the initiative, or lead. If schools were smart, they would incorporate an intruder control system unknown to anyone but faculty that if a gunman enters the building, classrooms can be locked down and isolated while the intruder is restricted to a hallway, etc., long enough that he can be hit with a gas spray to immobilize or incapacitate him until authorities can arrive. It really isn't that hard if we can get the fucking lawyers out of everyone's asses.
One idea that the trainer brought up - so it must be circulating - was to have a gun in a locked safe in every classroom. The teachers shot that idea down (oops) for a variety of reasons, and I can understand that. But it seems to me that if there are a few employees willing to carry it could (could) make a difference.

It's insane that we're even having to talk about this, and it's indicative of a much larger problem.

that is not really a good idea

only those who want to and have been fully trained for should handle the weapon

as for a plan every classroom should have an escape window operable from the inside

kids should be taught to " get out of there " now instead of "locking yourself in a build" with an active shooter

Would it be crazy to start teaching kids how to fight back and defend themselves? Martial arts and the like? Better than teaching them how to hide.

Not true

-Geaux
Teachers do not want to and do not plan to be armed.

Teachers On Guns In Schools: 72 Percent Of Educators Say They ...
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../teachers-guns-schools-survey-firearms_n_277355...

Feb 27, 2013 - However, the results of a national teacher survey, released Wednesday, suggests the goals of the “guns-in-schools” bills may be far from what teachers really want. According to the online poll, 72.4 percent of teachers would not likely bring a firearm to school, if allowed. Administered by the School ...

By far most teacher and school employee organizations do now want teachers packing guns. It is a deeply unpopular idea. Teachers, on the whole, do not want to take guns to school. And it is a completely,quintessentially stupid idea.

I disagree that it is a stupid idea

-Geaux

Exactly. Having a fire arm in the class poses a very large risk. Especially when dealing with middle and high school students.

I am a teacher myself and I am against bringing guns into a classroom. It's a reckless idea.

Even if it is locked in a safe to which only you have access?

I am a teacher also. Our State Police instructors learned a new tactic to teach all of their trainees in the future that I had learned from Special Forces operators. Give me a gun and the students will be safe, or I will die trying.

We will just put you in the martyr category, so your precious beliefs will still be upheld as we lay you six feet under. We will say nice lies about your bravery, even though you apparently are too much of a coward to defend yourself and your students.

There's no guarantee a gun will save your life in a situation like that. Especially if the shooter has a semi automatic weapon.

Arming yourself gives you a false sense of security.

And having a shooter plus teachers shooting at the same time could lead to more deaths because of stray bullets.

If you want to live in a country without guns, you are free to leave.

The gun homicide rate in USA among whites is the same as in Holland, so that's not what you are complaining about. Perhaps it's time to admit that you really hate the idea of someone having a gun and being able to protect himself.

Because you liberal soy boys can't protect anything, and the ladies don't exactly find that attractive. I would feel inadequate too if my competition was guys with big guns while having nothing for myself.

Forum List

Back