My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

Perhaps if we ban semi automatic weapons, we won't have to worry about mass shootings happening at the rate that it is.

Perhaps if we all sit in a circle, smoke pot and make daisy chains no one will want to shoot anyone ... :thup:

Hey why not?

I am not suggesting you don't continue to ... :dunno:
There are some things I need to do that don't always go well with the idea of sitting around stoned all day ... But I won't ask you not to.

We already have millions of them , we passed the no point of return decades ago.
Yeah, right. It's not as if starting to reduce the number of military style semi automatics and large capacity handguns entering the system and starting to remove those already in it will help over time. You're helpless. Helpless.

to the NRA and their followers,

do you love guns more than you love children?

how does the freedom to bear arms measure up against the freedom to know your children are secure?!

Yeah, right. It's not as if starting to reduce the number entering the system and remove those already in it will help over time. You're helpless. Helpless.

You ever wonder why you don't see a lot of massacres at a gun show ... :dunno:
I am betting it doesn't have anything to do with a shortage of firearms available nor the capabilities of those firearms.

to the NRA and their followers,

do you love guns more than you love children?

how does the freedom to bear arms measure up against the freedom to know your children are secure?!

THe two are not in conflict.

The freedom that is a problem for my child's safety is the Freedom of dangerously crazy people to walk around.

Not to mention the high rate of illegitimacy that drives our high crime rate.

But really, you're helpless. Helpless. The greatest country in the world can't protect its own school children from recurring massacres because it's powerless to do so. That's what the gun fanciers on this thread are saying, even though other weak as shit countries manage it reasonably well.

But really, you're helpless. Helpless. The greatest country in the world can't protect its own school children from recurring massacres because it's powerless to do so. That's what the gun fanciers on this thread are saying.

No one anywhere can protect themselves from an armed assailant if they are unarmed or refuse to fight.
What you are implying is that we should be unarmed ... And you would have a better chance of accomplishing that if we weren't ... :thup:

But really, you're helpless. Helpless. The greatest country in the world can't protect its own school children from recurring massacres because it's powerless to do so. That's what the gun fanciers on this thread are saying, even though other weak as shit countries manage it reasonably well.

Well, we could lock up dangerously crazy people.

Except that civil rights lawyers stop US.

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.

One has to wonder why "all the female teachers" were crying, given that we're assured constantly by the left that there's no difference between men and women.

But yeah, I really feel for your daughter. One doesn't go into teaching looking for it to be a combat situation, and being ordered to face that completely unarmed and helpless is just unthinkable.

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.

Crying over going through training?

What in the hell?

Anyway, I hope the training regarding detecting psychos is next. It seems like some of these teachers are trying to close their eyes as hard as they can.

I'd be crying too, if someone told me I had to face the possibility of an armed assailant coming after me while totally helpless, with no choice other than to huddle there like a sitting duck, hoping someone else comes and saves me.

In spite of what occurred on Wednesday, your children ( and their teachers ) are much less likely to be shot in school than they are in their own homes.

The idea that introducing firearms into classrooms will result in a safer environment for children is ludicrous. Fear is a poor basis for sound decision making.

No, I'm fairly certain they're at very little risk, comparatively, of someone barging into their home with a gun and deliberately looking to shoot people.

What in the hell?
Sounds like the training was to hunker down and try and keep one's dignity as one was shot.

I think I'd be crying too.

Useful use of tax money then...

In the last thread I heard complaining that there is no money for even security, but apparently this goes on.

At this point, I'll bet you could get people to act as armed security guards on a volunteer basis.

Forum List

Back