My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

In spite of what occurred on Wednesday, your children ( and their teachers ) are much less likely to be shot in school than they are in their own homes.

The idea that introducing firearms into classrooms will result in a safer environment for children is ludicrous. Fear is a poor basis for sound decision making.

Total horseshit.

Oh no! bripat9643 has challenged me!! This is gonna be so difficult.

He’s definitely going to provide a shitload of evidence which proves that kids are safer at home than at school. He will overwhelm me with facts before I can say fuck off!

Sounds like you're used to being overwhelmed with facts.

I expected the FBI to do their job

Okay. Where is it in their job to police emo teens?

Thanks.

You do realize that they are the "Federal Bureau of Investigation", right? What federal crime was this guy supposed to be investigated for.

Sorry, guy, when you have decided as a matter of policy that every insane person has a God Given Right to Own a Machine Gun, then there's really not much the FBI could do.
The FBI has already admitted they didn't do their job. So I guess they didn't do their job.
Wray should be fired.

Someone definitely needs to start an investigation of why our law enforcement agencies aren't bothering to work with the laws and safeguards already in place. What would be the point of passing more laws if the FBI isn't going to do its damned job? Oh, but they have plenty of time and resources to piddle around with political shenanigans.

98% of teachers don’t want guns in their classrooms.
There are too many variables where they will do much more harm than good.

Exactly. Having a fire arm in the class poses a very large risk. Especially when dealing with middle and high school students.

I am a teacher myself and I am against bringing guns into a classroom. It's a reckless idea.

As opposed to what? Seems to me sending your children to the damned school poses a very large risk and is a reckless idea at this point.

I will never understand why people protecting themselves and others is such a scary notion to leftists.

Here is the thing, they don't want to hear reasonable solutions and ideas, they want a gun ban. Nothing more and nothing less will satisfy them

Giving an overworked, overstressed teacher with a class of 30 unruly teenagers a gun is a "reasonable solution" to you, Fat Irish Sow?

Not that there is any good reason for civilians to own guns, but I'd be happy with a system of gun control like Germany has. You can own a gun, once they've done a thorough background check on you to make sure you aren't the kind of nut who'd shoot up a school.

Are you saying our teachers are mentally unstable and they might shoot their own students?

We're supposed to trust them with our children, but we can't trust them with a firearm to protect our children?

Yeah, that makes sense.

Leave it unlocked? :290968001256257790-final:
When you close it it locks automatically dumbass.
And unless the kid brought a cutting torch to school they wont be getting into the safe.
And no an AR-15 is not a machine gun.

You call an AR-15 a machine gun and you post a vid of an M-16......pure genius.

awwwwwwww ... because that's what's relevant to the discussion, right?

hint: most people don't spend all their time drooling over Guns and Ammo.

If "most people" can't be bothered to know something about the subject, then "most people" should shut their flapping cakeholes.

Leave it unlocked? :290968001256257790-final:
When you close it it locks automatically dumbass.
And unless the kid brought a cutting torch to school they wont be getting into the safe.
And no an AR-15 is not a machine gun.

You call an AR-15 a machine gun and you post a vid of an M-16......pure genius.

awwwwwwww ... because that's what's relevant to the discussion, right?

hint: most people don't spend all their time drooling over Guns and Ammo.

If "most people" can't be bothered to know something about the subject, then "most people" should shut their flapping cakeholes.

only because "some people" think they know what they don't know, but are instead uneducated vile ignorant lowlife scum.

*shrug*

now be a good girl and run along.

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.
As a teacher, of 30 years, I completely disagree with her, and I think most teachers would. Teachers can't control all students at all times: there is far too much chance of a student getting his/her hands on a teacher's gun.

So how would the student get in to a biometric gun safe?
1) You are going to pay for it? 2) If the teacher and his/her students are under fire, does he/she have time to get the gun free in order to protect them? and 3) how many parents are going to have a say in if the school teachers are armed and how many do you think would vote for it? Not most. I know. Parents don't want non-police professionals armed and guns floating around the school.

You really dont know shit about guns or gun safes do you?
That doesn't matter. If a teacher can get to the gun, so can a wiley student. Arming teachers is an intensely stupid idea. More guns in our country does not mean more safety.

Oooookay, so gun safes etc are dandy ideas when you're trying to force private owners to have them in their homes, but when it comes to protecting schools, they're suddenly completely inadequate.

I don't suppose you've noticed that there are NO guns in gun safes in schools, and yet children are still at risk for being shot. Methinks your prioritizing is a bit skewed.

Here is the thing, they don't want to hear reasonable solutions and ideas, they want a gun ban. Nothing more and nothing less will satisfy them

Giving an overworked, overstressed teacher with a class of 30 unruly teenagers a gun is a "reasonable solution" to you, Fat Irish Sow?

Not that there is any good reason for civilians to own guns, but I'd be happy with a system of gun control like Germany has. You can own a gun, once they've done a thorough background check on you to make sure you aren't the kind of nut who'd shoot up a school.

Are you saying our teachers are mentally unstable and they might shoot their own students?

We're supposed to trust them with our children, but we can't trust them with a firearm to protect our children?

Yeah, that makes sense.

I know if I had kids in school I'd want the teacher to fiercely protect my kids. If that means arming and training them so be it.

As a teacher, of 30 years, I completely disagree with her, and I think most teachers would. Teachers can't control all students at all times: there is far too much chance of a student getting his/her hands on a teacher's gun.

1) You are going to pay for it? 2) If the teacher and his/her students are under fire, does he/she have time to get the gun free in order to protect them? and 3) how many parents are going to have a say in if the school teachers are armed and how many do you think would vote for it? Not most. I know. Parents don't want non-police professionals armed and guns floating around the school.

That doesn't matter. If a teacher can get to the gun, so can a wiley student. Arming teachers is an intensely stupid idea. More guns in our country does not mean more safety.

You'll have to explain to me how a kid is going to bypass a biometric lock.
And you may be right in one case kinda...we shouldnt let the female teachers have access to the firearms.

This to me sounds a lot like leftists when they used to argue against allowing pilots to be armed because a terrorist might get hold of the gun. It's basically worrying about a cup of water when you're standing outside in a hurricane.

And you may be right in one case kinda...we shouldnt let the female teachers have access to the firearms.

You'll have to show me how a teacher once the shooting begins tries to calm kids or get them to safety and tries to open the safe in all the chaos.

You'll have to show ME how the situation could possibly get WORSE.

You'll have to show me how a teacher once the shooting begins tries to calm kids or get them to safety and tries to open the safe in all the chaos.
These people, they don't know anything about schools or teaching or managing 25-30 kids in the middle of an emergency.

And you do?

Teachers do now want to and do not plan to be armed.

Teachers On Guns In Schools: 72 Percent Of Educators Say They ...
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/.../teachers-guns-schools-survey-firearms_n_277355...

Feb 27, 2013 - However, the results of a national teacher survey, released Wednesday, suggests the goals of the “guns-in-schools” bills may be far from what teachers really want. According to the online poll, 72.4 percent of teachers would not likely bring a firearm to school, if allowed. Administered by the School ...

By far most teacher and school employee organizations do now want teachers packing guns. It is a deeply unpopular idea. Teachers, on the whole, do not want to take guns to school. And it is a completely,quintessentially stupid idea.

72.4 % saying they wouldn't ... Is the same as 27.6% that would.
That amounts to 1 in every 4 teachers armed ... Dumbass ... :thup:
One in every 4 teachers in a school packing is insane, Dumbass.

Why? You don't trust teachers? Then why the hell do you expect us to give them our children to care for?

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.

Bingo!!!
If the teachers wanna carry why the hell not, but the fucking control freak progressives, want everything through their agenda, they want no compromise they want to control other people and fuck over people they disagree with... motherfuckers.

Fuck the nanny state/collective may they burn in fucking hell…

As long as the liberal teachers/professors that try to indoctrinate kids aren't allowed to be within 10 feet of a gun.

As if those pantywaists would go near a gun, anyway. It might jump up and attack them, because we all know that it's the gun that's dangerous and unpredictable, not the person holding it.

You can open a biometric safe in seconds with your eyes closed.

Even if there is total chaos and you're thinking about getting the kids to safety first? You can say all you want sitting behind your computer in the safety of your home. How many teacher's are going to completly going to freeze?

I'm all for one entrance to schools with metal detector's and a carrying cop at the door checking people.

So if 20% carry guns and half of them freeze, so what? The ones who freeze don't help but they don't hurt and you still have the shooter not knowing who is armed.

Also "freeze" is not binary. A teacher may freeze to pursue the shooter, but they may turn around and shoot when the shooter walks into their classroom. Either way, they are a risk to the shooter

So a cop walks in and sees someone with a gun without knowing a 100% who the shooter is, bang that teacher is dead. Doesn't matter the teacher is yelling I'm a teacher, how the hell is the cop suppose to know? Bang your dead teach.

Cops do not just shoot people willy-nilly. And I KNOW you're not now suggesting that not only teachers, but law enforcement, can't be trusted to handle firearms safely and responsibly. Is there anyone in the world you're not terrified of, to the point of preferring to be left vulnerable to those who are ACTUALLY dangerous?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

You can open a biometric safe in seconds with your eyes closed.

Even if there is total chaos and you're thinking about getting the kids to safety first? You can say all you want sitting behind your computer in the safety of your home. How many teacher's are going to completly going to freeze?

I'm all for one entrance to schools with metal detector's and a carrying cop at the door checking people.

So if 20% carry guns and half of them freeze, so what? The ones who freeze don't help but they don't hurt and you still have the shooter not knowing who is armed.

Also "freeze" is not binary. A teacher may freeze to pursue the shooter, but they may turn around and shoot when the shooter walks into their classroom. Either way, they are a risk to the shooter

So a cop walks in and sees someone with a gun without knowing a 100% who the shooter is, bang that teacher is dead. Doesn't matter the teacher is yelling I'm a teacher, how the hell is the cop suppose to know? Bang your dead teach.

OMG, you're right. An innocent shooting could turn into a bad situation!

Some people would think that the shooter shooting at unarmed people is already a bad situation.

Sure, it's possible that police could mistake someone shooting at someone shooting at other people is a bad guy. Most would recognize they are shooting at the shooter, but it could happen.

But seriously, you're picking the possibility of an accidental victim over the certainty of a guy aiming at people? Unbelievable.

That's what people are running around the halls screaming, right? OMG, I could be shot by someone shooting at the guy trying to shoot me!!!!!!!

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I'm willing to trust people who are already in a position of authority and responsibility to be able to handle further responsibility.

Call me crazy.

It's funny that the gun nuts want laws requiring teachers to be armed,

but with any gun related law they don't like, they say, oh, well, the criminals will just find a way around the law...

Stop listening to the voices in your head.

You're denying that the gun rights extremists say that? Jesus Christ they say it here all the time.

NOPE ...

neither do police and emergency rescue .. the fewer people with guns the better they like it .. reduces the risk of them getting shot while teyre trying to figure out wtf is who

fact

Whereas an armed teacher would have a far better idea who the aggressor is ... :thup:

They're supposed to be smart enough to take care of and educate our children. I think they can figure it out.

But really, you're helpless. Helpless. The greatest country in the world can't protect its own school children from recurring massacres because it's powerless to do so. That's what the gun fanciers on this thread are saying, even though other weak as shit countries manage it reasonably well.

Well, we could lock up dangerously crazy people.

Except that civil rights lawyers stop US.

Should the FBI have been able to confiscate this guy's guns?

Forum List

Back