My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

I'm not old enough to have this, but I've heard it a dozen times from older people.. A LOT of High Schools used to have target ranges.. And they competed.. Dozens of match style rifles laying around. And hardly any school shootings. Have to get over the INNATE fear of having the right tools for the job around when you need it.
It's a different country, a different reality. Our culture has decayed so much that we can't assume people are just usually going to do the right thing.

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.

I'm not old enough to have this, but I've heard it a dozen times from older people.. A LOT of High Schools used to have target ranges.. And they competed.. Dozens of match style rifles laying around. And hardly any school shootings. Have to get over the INNATE fear of having the right tools for the job around when you need it.
Mother Fucker. You are all so fucking stupid!

Well THAT was all personal. And what was the PURPOSE of that? Did I say something to "trigger" you?
It's who they are.

98% of teachers don’t want guns in their classrooms.
There are too many variables where they will do much more harm than good.
139cfa59b6bb898108ca77b1dc3a368fe0900505095669f5da2e48d38f33f936.jpg

Elderly people who are financially troubled...

when's the last time these people have massacred? I am interested, has this ever actually happened?

It's almost always young males who are put down, defending their turf or mentally ill. The characteristics which the school system does its best to boost.

Last edited:
There's no guarantee a gun will save your life in a situation like that. Especially if the shooter has a semi automatic weapon.

Arming yourself gives you a false sense of security.

And having a shooter plus teachers shooting at the same time could lead to more deaths because of stray bullets.

Are you suggesting that anyone's chances of survival are better if they are unarmed while facing a shooter armed with a semi-automatic weapons?
Being unarmed and expecting someone will come save you is the false sense of security.

Do you find it odd you have everything backwards in your argument ... :dunno:

Are you suggesting that anyone's chances of survival are better if they are unarmed while facing a shooter armed with a semi-automatic weapons ... :dunno:
Being unarmed and expecting someone will come save you is the false sense of security.

a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than a bad guy.

That's the false sense of security.

Are you suggesting that anyone's chances of survival are better if they are unarmed while facing a shooter armed with a semi-automatic weapons ... :dunno:

a gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than a bad guy.

That's the false sense of security.

So in other words ... You think you would have a better chance of surviving an armed assault begging for mercy.
You think that someone will be able to save you from your ignorance ... I get that.

I mean it is certainly not the first time a Progressive has suggested that depending on the kindness of others for survival is the most beneficial form of security.

Last edited:
.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.

Mother Fucker. You are all so fucking stupid!

Well THAT was all personal. And what was the PURPOSE of that? Did I say something to "trigger" you?
It's who they are.

Yep. We get pissed when people say really stupid shit. If you believe that an AR-15 or a Glock is the right tool in a high school classroom, you have a lack of critical thinking skills.

That's not fear of Glocks talking. That's basic intelligence talking. The likelihood that the classroom that your child is in will become a warzone is so small that it is retarded to respond by putting Glocks in classrooms.

Better to regulate the manufacture, sale and possession of rapid fire weapons. That will impact safety in America.

Shooter training.

My guess is that the school will resist letting teachers arm themselves (those that actually own arms and are trained to use them) because lawyers have their heads up everyone's asses about fear of legal liability, even if they arm with the same ammo used by Marshalls aboard planes (won't go through walls) so as a result, NO ONE is willing to take action, take the initiative, or lead. If schools were smart, they would incorporate an intruder control system unknown to anyone but faculty that if a gunman enters the building, classrooms can be locked down and isolated while the intruder is restricted to a hallway, etc., long enough that he can be hit with a gas spray to immobilize or incapacitate him until authorities can arrive. It really isn't that hard if we can get the fucking lawyers out of everyone's asses.
One idea that the trainer brought up - so it must be circulating - was to have a gun in a locked safe in every classroom. The teachers shot that idea down (oops) for a variety of reasons, and I can understand that. But it seems to me that if there are a few employees willing to carry it could (could) make a difference.

It's insane that we're even having to talk about this, and it's indicative of a much larger problem.

that is not really a good idea

only those who want to and have been fully trained for should handle the weapon

as for a plan every classroom should have an escape window operable from the inside

kids should be taught to " get out of there " now instead of "locking yourself in a build" with an active shooter

Would it be crazy to start teaching kids how to fight back and defend themselves? Martial arts and the like? Better than teaching them how to hide.

Martial arts and the like?

well it is not a very good plan to try and confront an active shooter without a weapon

98% of teachers don’t want guns in their classrooms.
There are too many variables where they will do much more harm than good.

Exactly. Having a fire arm in the class poses a very large risk. Especially when dealing with middle and high school students.

I am a teacher myself and I am against bringing guns into a classroom. It's a reckless idea.

Even if it is locked in a safe to which only you have access?

I am a teacher also. Our State Police instructors learned a new tactic to teach all of their trainees in the future that I had learned from Special Forces operators. Give me a gun and the students will be safe, or I will die trying.

We will just put you in the martyr category, so your precious beliefs will still be upheld as we lay you six feet under. We will say nice lies about your bravery, even though you apparently are too much of a coward to defend yourself and your students.

There's no guarantee a gun will save your life in a situation like that. Especially if the shooter has a semi automatic weapon.

And having a shooter plus teachers shooting at the same time could lead to more deaths because of stray bullets.

If you want to live in a country without guns, you are free to leave.

The gun homicide rate in USA among whites is the same as in Holland, so that's not what you are complaining about. Perhaps it's time to admit that you really hate the idea of someone having a gun and being able to protect himself.

Because you liberal soy boys can't protect anything, and the ladies don't exactly find that attractive. I would feel inadequate too if my competition was guys with big guns while having nothing for myself.

I never said we need to ban guns. In fact I am for keeping guns legal. I think owning a small hand gun is absolutely fine. In fact if I lived alone, I would own one.

What I don't agree with is large and semi automatic weapons being made widely available. There needs to be serious background checks and extensive training.

Also a classroom isn't a place for a gun. If schools wanted to hire armed guards, that's something I could support.

But it is absurd and dangerous for a gun to be in a classroom full of kids.

Are you suggesting that anyone's chances of survival are better if they are unarmed while facing a shooter armed with a semi-automatic weapons?

Do you find it odd you have everything backwards in your argument ... :dunno:

I am suggesting that having a handgun vs a semi automatic weapon will not make you anymore safer than being unarmed.

I am suggesting that having a handgun vs a semi automatic weapon will not make you anymore safer than being unarmed.

But that's not true ... Handguns also come in semi automatic.
You are never (by any measure) safer unarmed when facing an armed individual trying to kill you.
If someone is trying to kill you with a gun ... You are safer with a fork than nothing at all ... :thup:

You are not safer waiting to get shot.

You're a fucken idiot.
It would be locked in a biometric gun safe under the desk.

You think kids can't figure out how to beat one of those, or that teachers will never accidently leave it unlocked?

There are safes that lock automatically when closed. Use that kind.

You just added BS with that "machine gun" nonsense, got called on it and now act like a petulant child. Grow up you pathetic little man, just grow the fuck up

An AR-15 is a machine gun. Sorry. It's a gun where you don't need to reload because it automatically reloads itself.

Factually incorrect. An AR-15 is not a machine gun. But you knew that.

Do you want to go on record stating that you believe that polls in general are reliable?

I guess would would have to be an actual poll before we can pass judgement on it.

LOL I rest my case.

There is no poll.

LOL, the original poster never mentioned polls. I did.

Than how did he come up with his 98% bullshit?
The usual place: he squatted and bore down.

Did you know that is 12529 more armed teachers ...
Than the 13598 FBI agents that completely screwed to the pooch with the Florida shooter (among others) ... :dunno:

Um, no stupid. The FBI isn't allowed to go after gun nuts.

Now, if you want to change that, so that when a gun nut posts shit on Facebook about how he wants to shoot people, and let the FBI kick in their front door with a no-knock warrant, I'm totally down with that.

The NRA wouldn't be. "Hey, wait a minute, I have rights! I'm WHITE!!!"

So you are saying the FBI should have been able to kick his door in and drag him off over a comment online... :dunno:
Are you just making excuses for the FBI or the other government institutions and policies that failed?

I mean you cannot argue with my numbers ... They are just a count of available resources.
Joey masturbates to thoughts of being Stalin.

But that's not true ... Handguns also come in semi automatic.
You are never (by any measure) safer unarmed when facing an armed individual trying to kill you.
If someone is trying to kill you with a gun ... You are safer with a fork than nothing at all ... :thup:

You are not safer waiting to get shot.

Perhaps if we ban semi automatic weapons, we won't have to worry about mass shootings happening at the rate that it is.

Perhaps if we ban semi automatic weapons, we won't have to worry about mass shootings happening at the rate that it is.

Perhaps if we all sit in a circle, smoke pot and make daisy chains no one will want to shoot anyone ... :thup:

Forum List

Back