My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

Let just make the police be teachers then. Because it's usually the same type of person the applies for those jobs...

Let's not make anyone do anything like that ... That's what authoritarian tyrants do ... :thup:
You really do have difficulty understanding simple concepts like freedom don't you?

The post you quote specifically addressed the fact that teachers are generally not the type to be aggressive.
Those reviewed after the first two sessions of training were most often shocked and disheartened by the information they were receiving.
You have to actually want to protect the children in your classroom before any training is successful ... And it does require a change in your response.

More importantly ... One of the things they do early in the training (after some exposure) ...
Is ask the teacher if they think they could actually pull the trigger on another human being.

If the answer is "No" or "I don't know" ... They don't go any further in the training.
If you don't know what you are prepared to do ... Then a firearm is not a suitable option.

Or we could have some gun control like other countries and make the problem rare rather than a regular happening.

Only if Crimea had guns , they would be free today instead of under communist rule ..

So sad :)

That doesn't respond to the types of guns at all. Weren't mass shootings when everyone had a musket. Now we have lots of guns for mass killings and we have lots of mass killings.

Countries with strong gun control don't have this problem. Where is your soul? There was an armed off duty cop at Orlando. He was outgunned and so many died. Again, we have lots of guns for mass killing. Lot of guns in Vegas, but they couldn't stop him. More mass killing guns. These guys were all armed and look how many died:
2016 shooting of Dallas police officers - Wikipedia

Countries with strong gun control don't have a mass shooting problem.
"Where is your soul?"

Exactly. Where is the soul of the pro-gun person? Children are massacred in school and they just don't care. They are sick, soulless people.

That school was a gun-free zone. How could anyone get shot there?
That's just a stupid argument: a childish, ignorant, stupid argument. Can't you do something better with your brain? You'd look more intelligent if you just sat there drooling.

That's just a stupid argument: a childish, ignorant, stupid argument.

Isn't it your argument that banning guns can make us safe(r)?

Countries with strong gun control sure have lower homicide rates.

But they are under communist rule..

So sad :(

"Where is your soul?"

Exactly. Where is the soul of the pro-gun person? Children are massacred in school and they just don't care. They are sick, soulless people.

That's just a stupid argument: a childish, ignorant, stupid argument. Can't you do something better with your brain? You'd look more intelligent if you just sat there drooling.

Does Mexico have strong gun control?
What about Jamaica? Brazil?

Is Mexico either economically or politically stable? Are they in a position to have strong gun control? No they are not. The UK is and they don't have a mass shooting problem.

One in every 4 teachers in a school packing is insane, Dumbass.

It's your numbers ... You don't trust the teachers ... :dunno:
Why in the hell would you send your child into a classroom with a teacher you don't trust ... Dumbass.

Teachers are not trained to be armed protectors. That's what the police are trained for. I trust teachers to educate children. Otherwise they are just ordinary people, and I would never put them in the role of an armed protector. I have taught for 30 years and know teachers well: most of them are not people I would trust with a gun. Just like I don't trust most of you gun nuts with one. Guns are something only professionals should be in control of.

So your saying teachers are idiots?

you're

Idiot.

Meh...I fuck that up on occasion.
Sue Me.

"Where is your soul?"

Our children are dying and you are crying about communists. Cute.

Is Mexico either economically or politically stable? Are they in a position to have strong gun control? No they are not. The UK is and they don't have a mass shooting problem.

Is Mexico either economically or politically stable?

That wasn't part of your original claim. Why the shift?

I kind of think our children would rather die than live under communist rule don't ya think commrade?

My former neighbor told my wife the plumber she hired told her his son knew a guy who went to the shooting range every Saturday with his dad, and there he met a former Army Ranger (Ret.) who was a friend of his dad and was employed as a custodian at the Jr. Hi School where my neighbors daughter went to school, and she told the plumber's son who went with his dad to fix the leaky toilet in my neighbors house that the former Army Ranger always carried a gun on that job.

Good for him.

He was later fired. One afternoon, sea gulls which always responded to the play area where the children ate their lunch, for the birds understood it was their time for a free lunch.

Thinking he was under attack by an evil empire he began to shoot the birds, but the birds outsmarted him and two rounds went through the window of the school principle. She immediately ran to the school yard and grabbed the custodian by his right ear, and marched him three blocks to C ward at the County hospital.

He was fired in absentia for breaking the window and animal cruelty and was later released from the Crazy Ward; he is now running for a seat in the H. or Rep and being supported by the NRA, Trump and Ryan.

I would not be a teacher in today environment because of the fact too many crazies!
Bless her heart, she loves the kids.

And the crazies sometimes include parents. They have one mom who stuck nails in the tires of a couple of teachers' cars, and they think she's the source of a gun found in the parking lot. One teacher has a restraining order against her.

I don't know how anyone could be a teacher today. The stories I hear, yikes.

Parents can be psycho and you realize why the kid is so messed up. A good friend of mine quit her job because of the parents and the fact teachers are always in danger.

Your daughter is tough for doing the job and should be paid a lot more than what she is getting.

Because they are a very lawless country that is corrupt. They are in no position to have strong gun control. Germany is quite economically and politically stable like us and have strong gun control.

kaz ...four questions.

Does LL have a son who is a police officer?
Does LL have a firearm and a CC permit?
Does LL live in a big city or a suburban beach town?
Did LL grow up hunting and fishing in the woods or hanging out in the hood?

LL has all the attitudes and opinions of an inner city leftist who would squeal like a school girl and faint if LL ever saw a gun, much less touched one.

Whey would someone who has a CC permit possibly think that admins and teachers in schools could not use them safely? Why on earth would you have such a permit if you believed that? And if you did, how would shooting after shooting with no one shooting back not convince you that you're wrong?

Something is seriously wrong with what you claim

You don't think that there are many CC permit holders as well as LEO's who are oposed to teacher and other school personnel being armed?

Why are you so ignorant?

Opposed ...
You're an idiot.

Nearly every mass shooting incident in the last twenty years, and multiple other instances of suicide and isolated shootings all share one thing in common, and it's not the weapons used.

The overwhelming evidence points to the signal largest common factor in all of these incidents is the fact that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes.

Multiple credible scientific studies going back more than a decade, as well as internal documents from certain pharmaceutical companies that suppressed the information show that SSRI drugs ( Selective Serotonin Re-Uptake Inhibitors ) have well known, but unreported side effects, including but not limited to suicide and other violent behavior. One need only Google relevant key words or phrases to see for themselves.www.ssristories.com is one popular site that has documented over 4500 " Mainstream Media " reported cases from around the World of aberrant or violent behavior by those taking these powerful drugs.
Every Mass Shooting Shares 1 Thing In Common, NOT Guns

Do they use these drugs in countries that don't have a mass shooting problem?
It isn’t surprising the mainstream media – and late night entertainers – focus on guns instead of SSRIs linked to mass shootings given that they’re well-funded by drug makers.
Virtually every suspected mass shooter was on psychiatric drugs, yet the mainstream media – which is funded by Big Pharma ad revenue – conveniently buries this fact.

That’s likely because Big Pharma spent nearly $6 billion on TV, magazine and digital advertisements in 2016 alone, a healthy sum ad-dependent news outlets cannot ignore.

In fact, the media is so dependent on this ad revenue that some outlets have even launched “health content businesses” to attract consumers targeted by Big Pharma."

I kind of think our children would rather die than live under communist rule don't ya think commrade?

I think you are like a child scared of the boogyman. We are in no jeopardy of becoming communist, stop letting our children die.

My former neighbor told my wife the plumber she hired told her his son knew a guy who went to the shooting range every Saturday with his dad, and there he met a former Army Ranger (Ret.) who was a friend of his dad and was employed as a custodian at the Jr. Hi School where my neighbors daughter went to school, and she told the plumber's son who went with his dad to fix the leaky toilet in my neighbors house that the former Army Ranger always carried a gun on that job.

Good for him.

He was later fired. One afternoon, sea gulls which always responded to the play area where the children ate their lunch, for the birds understood it was their time for a free lunch.

Thinking he was under attack by an evil empire he began to shoot the birds, but the birds outsmarted him and two rounds went through the window of the school principle. She immediately ran to the school yard and grabbed the custodian by his right ear, and marched him three blocks to C ward at the County hospital.

He was fired in absentia for breaking the window and animal cruelty and was later released from the Crazy Ward; he is now running for a seat in the H. or Rep and being supported by the NRA, Trump and Ryan.
Good for him.

Nearly every mass shooting incident in the last twenty years, and multiple other instances of suicide and isolated shootings all share one thing in common, and it's not the weapons used.

The overwhelming evidence points to the signal largest common factor in all of these incidents is the fact that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes.

Multiple credible scientific studies going back more than a decade, as well as internal documents from certain pharmaceutical companies that suppressed the information show that SSRI drugs ( Selective Serotonin Re-Uptake Inhibitors ) have well known, but unreported side effects, including but not limited to suicide and other violent behavior. One need only Google relevant key words or phrases to see for themselves.www.ssristories.com is one popular site that has documented over 4500 " Mainstream Media " reported cases from around the World of aberrant or violent behavior by those taking these powerful drugs.
Every Mass Shooting Shares 1 Thing In Common, NOT Guns

Do they use these drugs in countries that don't have a mass shooting problem?
It isn’t surprising the mainstream media – and late night entertainers – focus on guns instead of SSRIs linked to mass shootings given that they’re well-funded by drug makers.
Virtually every suspected mass shooter was on psychiatric drugs, yet the mainstream media – which is funded by Big Pharma ad revenue – conveniently buries this fact.

That’s likely because Big Pharma spent nearly $6 billion on TV, magazine and digital advertisements in 2016 alone, a healthy sum ad-dependent news outlets cannot ignore.

In fact, the media is so dependent on this ad revenue that some outlets have even launched “health content businesses” to attract consumers targeted by Big Pharma."

While that may be true and you may have a good point, you didn't answer my question.

Because they are a very lawless country that is corrupt. They are in no position to have strong gun control. Germany is quite economically and politically stable like us and have strong gun control.

Because they are a very lawless country that is corrupt. They are in no position to have strong gun control.

Ahhhh....so that explains why Chicago was the murder capital of the US several times, despite having unconstitutional, draconian gun control laws.

Because they are a very lawless country that is corrupt. They are in no position to have strong gun control.

Ahhhh....so that explains why Chicago was the murder capital of the US several times, despite having unconstitutional, draconian gun control laws.

Chicago has concealed carry. That's draconian gun laws? They go ccw and crime has increased. NYC sticks to strong gun laws and crime goes down.

I think you are like a child scared of the boogyman. We are in no jeopardy of becoming communist, stop letting our children die.

Tell that to the people in crimea where bill Clinton said the United States would defend..

Bill said no need for the people of Ukraine to have arms..

Bill said the US would defend the Ukraine..

And along came pussy Obama and looked the other way.

Tell that to the people in crimea where bill Clinton said the United States would defend..

Bill said no need for the people of Ukraine to have arms..

Bill said the US would defend the Ukraine..

And along came pussy Obama and looked the other way.

Crimea 'votes for Russia union'

One in every 4 teachers in a school packing is insane, Dumbass.

It's your numbers ... You don't trust the teachers ... :dunno:
Why in the hell would you send your child into a classroom with a teacher you don't trust ... Dumbass.

Teachers are not trained to be armed protectors. That's what the police are trained for. I trust teachers to educate children. Otherwise they are just ordinary people, and I would never put them in the role of an armed protector. I have taught for 30 years and know teachers well: most of them are not people I would trust with a gun. Just like I don't trust most of you gun nuts with one. Guns are something only professionals should be in control of.

So your saying teachers are idiots?

you're

Idiot.

Meh...I fuck that up on occasion.
Sue Me.

I get it. You don't care.

Forum List

Back