Zone1 My problem with Jesus...turning the other cheek for years has caused me more suffering

I do not myself believe that Jesus actually struck anyone with the whip he held, though he could have, and have been justified, while he was threatening with it, and did release animals and overturned tables with the money being collected, knowing that which the merchants did was not right. Turning the cheek is avoiding what is just retaliation, there is still justified defense any are permitted.
He picked up a whip but did not use it?

Why do you believe that?

I do not myself believe that Jesus actually struck anyone with the whip he held, though he could have, and have been justified, while he was threatening with it, and did release animals and overturned tables with the money being collected, knowing that which the merchants did was not right. Turning the cheek is avoiding what is just retaliation, there is still justified defense any are permitted.
Greetings
maybe this will enlighten
9 J Before The Priests.jpg
Jesus answered him, "I spoke openly to the world. I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where the Jews always meet, and in secret I have said nothing.
Why do you ask Me? Ask those who have heard Me what I said to them. Indeed they know what I said."
And when He had said these things, one of the officers who stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, "Do You answer the high priest like that?"
Jesus answered him, "If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil; but if well, why do you strike Me?"
John 18:20-23 (NKJV)

10 J Before The People.jpg
Luke 17:1"It is impossible that no offenses should come, but woe to him through whom they do come!

Matt 18:6-7 Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!

Matt 18:5-6 "But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Luke 17:1 It is impossible that offenses will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!

Psalms 55:12-14 For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him:
But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance.
We took sweet counsel together and walked unto the house of God in company.

Attachments

• 9 J Before The Priests.jpg
    9 J Before The Priests.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 0
  • 10 J Before The People.jpg
    10 J Before The People.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 0

Forum List

Back