My three electric vehicle questions.

Are you sure ... EV batteries usually last 8 years ... I'm not getting that much more time out of my lead/acid battery ... individual battery size is the same ... just EVs have many many more ...

My point is both are recycling headaches ... better to not build them at all ... the green solution is 90% less passenger vehicles, both piston and electric ...

... and stop eating meat ... shame on you ... tofu is your friend here ...
The only problem with lead/acid batteries is that so many aren't taken to a recycling center. These batteries are easily recycled as they have valuable materials in them that can be reclaimed.

Transporting foods from the farm to the city is necessary. And both commercial growing and transporting is very efficient in terms of both labor and materials, including fuel.

The economy is best growing food in California and shipping it all around the nation ... like we have today ... places like Iowa and Illinois are better suited to growing animal food ... capitalism at it's finest ...

But if someone wants to cut back on their carbon-footprint ... they can eat locally grown foods or even grow these foods yourself ... just at a higher cost ... if we mandate this, we can say communism at it's finest ...

It's a philosophical question ... not one of science ...

Rechargeable batteries don't last forever. Obviously the OP referred to the end of usable life.

The point is, there are more lead batteries? So? What does lead have to do with the usefulness of lithium after a lith

Your punctuation is that of an idiot, period.

And, the moron attempted to correct grammar, my use of the word, "period".

You sniff around my comments and don't even know what the fuck you are addressing, now that is stupidity.

Ah ... so you are on your period ... my apologies ...

The economy is best growing food in California and shipping it all around the nation ... like we have today ... places like Iowa and Illinois are better suited to growing animal food ... capitalism at it's finest ...

But if someone wants to cut back on their carbon-footprint ... they can eat locally grown foods or even grow these foods yourself ... just at a higher cost ... if we mandate this, we can say communism at it's finest ...

It's a philosophical question ... not one of science ...
It's the processing of foods that increases the carbon footprint the most. Buying and cooking whole foods at home reduces this problem.

I agree about some building codes, although most are necessary. My company is fighting the city now over rainfall drainage from our property, a problem that the city solved years ago and no longer exists.

All building code brings 100% margins ... if this rainfall problem costs me $10,000 to fix ... I'm charging you $20,000 ... the extra $10,000 goes into my pocket, in addition to my salary, which is part of the $10,000 it costs me ...

The city stopped it from raining on your property? ... the drainage should be going into the storm drains ... [giggle] ... those are good for more than just used motor oil ...

It's the processing of foods that increases the carbon footprint the most. Buying and cooking whole foods at home reduces this problem.

Either you process your food at home, or in a factory ... the carbon footprint carries the economy of scale? ... I don't know ... canning corn was crazy carbon-intensive ... just after was a good time to re-fill the big propane tank we had ...

Half of us live in cities ... half the world's food supply must be trucked in ... for this, we are wholly dependent on burning fossil fuels ... without burning fossil fuels ... we humans cannot live in cities ... without cities, we have no civilization ...

Therefore and henceforth ... global warming is a good thing ... in every way ...

All building code brings 100% margins ... if this rainfall problem costs me $10,000 to fix ... I'm charging you $20,000 ... the extra $10,000 goes into my pocket, in addition to my salary, which is part of the $10,000 it costs me ...

The city stopped it from raining on your property? ... the drainage should be going into the storm drains ... [giggle] ... those are good for more than just used motor oil ...
There was a flooding problem on the property next door, which is the low spot and catches the runoff from our property as well. The city solved the problem years ago by updating the drainage system up and down the street. We need to resurface our parking lot but the city wants us to install a 'catchment structure' beneath the parking lot to prevent the 'flooding problem' that they have already solved. Worse yet, the water isn't just the runoff from our property but from many up and down the street. But the city has targeted us alone to install and pay for their proposed, and unnecessary, catchment structure.

Either you process your food at home, or in a factory ... the carbon footprint carries the economy of scale? ... I don't know ... canning corn was crazy carbon-intensive ... just after was a good time to re-fill the big propane tank we had ...

Half of us live in cities ... half the world's food supply must be trucked in ... for this, we are wholly dependent on burning fossil fuels ... without burning fossil fuels ... we humans cannot live in cities ... without cities, we have no civilization ...

Therefore and henceforth ... global warming is a good thing ... in every way ...
I only eat 'corn on the cob' when in season. I do use canned corn as carp bait however.

The future is in the hands of the people, not the leaders. Sadly most people believe the opposite. :(
need science, name one that has a renewable that can replace coal, natural gas or hydro? Oh yeah, Nuclear. hmmmm the answer has been there for a very long time, and guess who authorizes the development?

There was a flooding problem on the property next door, which is the low spot and catches the runoff from our property as well. The city solved the problem years ago by updating the drainage system up and down the street. We need to resurface our parking lot but the city wants us to install a 'catchment structure' beneath the parking lot to prevent the 'flooding problem' that they have already solved. Worse yet, the water isn't just the runoff from our property but from many up and down the street. But the city has targeted us alone to install and pay for their proposed, and unnecessary, catchment structure.
And who is the problem there? ...... government? And you dare suggest that government isn't the impedes of progress. hahahahaahahahahaha. You got your own answer to your question and ignored it.

Ah ... yeah ... the city is making you pay for what is really a community asset ... you might be stuck, the courts generally allow land use laws if they're reasonable ... and flood mitigation is reasonable ...

Take half the cost of the catchment and buy the city council ... see if they'll cut your property taxes to cover your losses ...

We can't fix anything in America unless the likes of Pelosi get their cut first...if the powers that be don't get paid the fix won't work...just like with covid...existing treatments that didn't require money flowing into drug companies and handed off to elected officials were laughed at....fixes to clean the environment won't work unless elected officials get rich from it....
Rush Limbaugh use to always say....follow the money...and he was right....
And remember...its not California warming or USA warming...its global warming....we deserve better....

And who is the problem there? ...... government? And you dare suggest that government isn't the impedes of progress. hahahahaahahahahaha. You got your own answer to your question and ignored it.
?

need science, name one that has a renewable that can replace coal, natural gas or hydro? Oh yeah, Nuclear. hmmmm the answer has been there for a very long time, and guess who authorizes the development?
Of, by, and for, the needs of the people.

Ah ... yeah ... the city is making you pay for what is really a community asset ... you might be stuck, the courts generally allow land use laws if they're reasonable ... and flood mitigation is reasonable ...

Take half the cost of the catchment and buy the city council ... see if they'll cut your property taxes to cover your losses ...
We may wind up in court over it.

Ah ... so you are on your period ... my apologies ...
You think Elektra, the record label, a company started by a man, is being used as an avatar by a woman?

That explains your climate change position. You assume you are right when you are wrong. You do not think to look further.

The only problem with lead/acid batteries is that so many aren't taken to a recycling center. These batteries are easily recycled as they have valuable materials in them that can be reclaimed.
Where? I do not know one person throwing out lead batteries.

Forum List

Back