🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

My three electric vehicle questions.

Wrong. But, again, I look forward to your "research".

No. You are wrong. There are some scientists who think that, but by far the vast majority do NOT agree with that.

But if you want to bring up the Oregon Petition, by all means! Let's see what the SPICE GIRLS have to say! LOL!

Well, Admiral, sorry to break it to you but you simply don't know what you're talking about. :)
You are spouting Greta's diatribes, and she is merely an autistic brat! Are you her Daddy?

You are spouting Greta's diatribes,

No. But then I can actually name real CLIMATE SCIENTISTS. All you can do is name popular and political figures because you don't know anything about this topic technically!

and she is merely an autistic brat! Are you her Daddy?

Oh, nice! Got a slam in on someone's disability! Well, Admiral! What a good person you are!

You should be proud of yourself!

Hey, I bet there are some folks in wheelchairs somewhere in your town. Go call 'em names too! LOL.

And, yeah, I'm Greta Thunberg's dad. But don't tell your mom.

My water heater is already located in my basement. If this system is not free, it will cost me more than my fairly low electric bills.

Some don't use enough hot water to make these things practical. Large families, schools, restaurants, apartment buildings, etc. could save energy. Anywhere that large amounts of hot water are used.

No. But then I can actually name real CLIMATE SCIENTISTS. All you can do is name popular and political figures because you don't know anything about this topic technically!

Oh, nice! Got a slam in on someone's disability! Well, Admiral! What a good person you are!

You should be proud of yourself!

Hey, I bet there are some folks in wheelchairs somewhere in your town. Go call 'em names too! LOL.

And, yeah, I'm Greta Thunberg's dad. But don't tell your mom.
Yes, you should be proud of yourself also. My mother died nearly 6 years ago. I won't be telling her anything.

Yes, you should be proud of yourself also. My mother died nearly 6 years ago. I won't be telling her anything.

Sorry, dude. I was just making a joke. Maybe next time you'll think twice about making fun of others' disabilities?

I mean if YOU can feel mildly insulted by my joke I would think you would have something like "compassion".

Sorry, dude. I was just making a joke. Maybe next time you'll think twice about making fun of others' disabilities?

I mean if YOU can feel mildly insulted by my joke I would think you would have something like "compassion".
Ha ha! I guess your jokes are not always funny.

I never made fun of her autism. I said she was a brat. Her autism is the source of her surly demeanor.

1. What is the impact of mining the materials needed to construct the batteries. Getting rid of fossil fuels to mine for more scarce materials seems conflicting.
2. Disposal of the batteries. I've seen some say recycling, but how would that work?
3. Where does the energy come from to charge the batteries? I've seen some say solar, but that doesn't sound realistic. Wouldn't you need enough solar panels to cover Nevada to power the charging stations?

Since the government is trying to force people to buy them, I'd like some answers. I still have doubts that creating and charging batteries will be a cleaner solution to energy needs.
An European study took into account the manufacturing process, the maintenance and running of, and the disposal of an EV and ICE vehicle over their lifespan. They concluded that an EV reduces the carbon foot print of an ICE vehicle by only 17% to 30%.

Another problem is, many products are extracted out of crude oil, 90% of the words sulphur is derived from crude oil. If the climate activists want to ban crude oil, they won't be able to have rubber and plastic in their EV's, basically, back to horse and cart days.

As for power, solar and wind would never be suitable to cover demand.

Wow! You somehow wound up disagreeing with just about every earth, oceanographic, atmospheric and climate scientist on earth over the last 60 years!

When you publish your "findings" I'm SURE you'll get a Nobel.

Just sure of it!
How about posting something that proves what you just stated. No scientist makes the claims you attribute to them. You are so ignorant you can not even get the green energy rhetoric right.

Let me help you, next time simply state;

"97% of scientists agree..."

LiCo Oxide batteries are used in cellphones which, last time I checked are rechargeable.

Li batteries are also rechargeable.

What, exactly, are you talking about here?
Lithium batteries recharge forever, to the same level as new? Nobody makes that claim.

You will be lucky if a lithium battery charges 2500 times, certainly it will die about that time.

You really don't know anything about the climate, and the solution you claim will set the temperature at a perfect 70 degrees, day and night everywhere in the world.

I've seen quite a few folks on this forum who fancy themselves "critical thinkers" but really it's just Dunning-Kruger run amok. Most of them don't really know what the technical definition of ad hominem is let alone all the other logic fallacies.
Your posts lack critical thinking. Your comments are simply a Democrat talking point you parrot.

Wrong. But, again, I look forward to your "research".

No. You are wrong. There are some scientists who think that, but by far the vast majority do NOT agree with that.

But if you want to bring up the Oregon Petition, by all means! Let's see what the SPICE GIRLS have to say! LOL!

Well, Admiral, sorry to break it to you but you simply don't know what you're talking about. :)
Actually, PV, it is you who is wrong. You claimed all scientists. You claim most scientists. Yet, these scientists were never asked.

At best, the democrats fabricated a study to crowbar into their propaganda.

You keep making the claim, over and over, fine, prove it. Substantiate the claim you have made.

I will check back in a week after you are done scratching your head.

An European study took into account the manufacturing process, the maintenance and running of, and the disposal of an EV and ICE vehicle over their lifespan. They concluded that an EV reduces the carbon foot print of an ICE vehicle by only 17% to 30%.

Another problem is, many products are extracted out of crude oil, 90% of the words sulphur is derived from crude oil. If the climate activists want to ban crude oil, they won't be able to have rubber and plastic in their EV's, basically, back to horse and cart days.

As for power, solar and wind would never be suitable to cover demand.

You think thee most inefficient expensive way to produce power is a solution to high energy costs.

Troll on, troll on
The solution, as I have said several times, is insulation and conservation. ;)

Actually, PV, it is you who is wrong. You claimed all scientists.

I am rather more careful with my words. I would NEVER have said "all". :)

You claim most scientists.

There you go! Now you've got it. Do you see the difference between "ALL" and "MOST"?

You keep making the claim, over and over, fine, prove it. Substantiate the claim you have made.

I will check back in a week after you are done scratching your head.

You know as well as I do about the Anderegg et al. study and the Cook study etc. I even know what your "response" will be to them. But just in case you actually DON'T know:

1. J. Cook, et al, "Consensus on consensus: a synthesis of consensus estimates on human-caused global warming," Environmental Research Letters Vol. 11 No. 4, (13 April 2016); DOI:10.1088/1748-9326/11/4/048002

Quotation from page 6: "The number of papers rejecting AGW [Anthropogenic, or human-caused, Global Warming] is a miniscule proportion of the published research, with the percentage slightly decreasing over time. Among papers expressing a position on AGW, an overwhelming percentage (97.2% based on self-ratings, 97.1% based on abstract ratings) endorses the scientific consensus on AGW.”

J. Cook, et al, "Quantifying the consensus on anthropogenic global warming in the scientific literature," Environmental Research Letters Vol. 8 No. 2, (15 May 2013); DOI:10.1088/1748-9326/8/2/024024

Quotation from page 3: "Among abstracts that expressed a position on AGW, 97.1% endorsed the scientific consensus. Among scientists who expressed a position on AGW in their abstract, 98.4% endorsed the consensus.”

W. R. L. Anderegg, “Expert Credibility in Climate Change,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Vol. 107 No. 27, 12107-12109 (21 June 2010); DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1003187107.

P. T. Doran & M. K. Zimmerman, "Examining the Scientific Consensus on Climate Change," Eos Transactions American Geophysical Union Vol. 90 Issue 3 (2009), 22; DOI: 10.1029/2009EO030002.

N. Oreskes, “Beyond the Ivory Tower: The Scientific Consensus on Climate Change,” Science Vol. 306 no. 5702, p. 1686 (3 December 2004); DOI: 10.1126/science.1103618.

(HERE)

Forum List

Back