🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Myth of the absent black father

Hamster bite too, but mosquitos have a far worse "stereotype".

Hamsters cant give you West Nile Virus. BTW. Stop putting hamsters in your ass like Richard Gere and you wont have to worry about them biting.
Like everything else, absent fathers are a matter of degree.

Btw, hamsters can give you rabies, idiot!

We arent talking about degrees. We are talking about stereotypes.

Mosquitoes cant give you rabies. Get another analogy.
When 70% of black kids grow up with absent father's, stereotypes are obviously justified.

In light of facts, do honestly think calling something a "stereotype" is a refutation or justification of an acute problem in the black community?

Seriously Asc, your muddled mind has to think things through before you
start spouting nonsense.
Depends on what you mean by absent. Just because you don't live in the home dose not mean you are absent. Only a imbecile without any education can be told that stat and actually take it at face value.

The only fact is your ability to be led around by the nose. Like I said earlier. When white dads start teaching their kids not to be serial killers and school shooters come talk to me about Black fathers. Untl then concentrate on your meth/crack problem in your community.
Please Asc, that's really even more feeble than your great jungle bunny civilizations.

The Myth Of The Absent Black Father ThinkProgress
black-fatherhood.png
No one ever said there was something wrong with the fathers who live "with" or don't and heavily participate. The issue has been with the ones who leave the fathering of their child to government agencies.

White fathers do that too but they don't have a stereotype of being bad fathers.
BS absent white fathers most certainly do have the stereotype of being bad fathers. Being absent is not a white/black thing.

You must live under a rock.

absent father stereotypes - Google Search
You still need to learn english. What you said is absent whites don't have the same stereotype. Where what you meant to say is that whites don't have the same stereotype as being absent. And that would be true. It would be true because blacks certainly do hold to the stereo type of being the race with the highest percentage BY FAR of absent fathers. It's just a fact. They are not absent because they are black... they have the stereotype because to many black fathers are absent. Again it has nothing to do with the color of their skin. I suspect it's the culture followed by most blacks. But you are free to explain why you think black fathers are more likely to be absent, by far, than any other group.

You still need to learn how to read. No thats not what I said. What I said was white fathers do that too. If white fathers are absent in their childrens lives why do they not have the same stereotype?

Hamsters cant give you West Nile Virus. BTW. Stop putting hamsters in your ass like Richard Gere and you wont have to worry about them biting.

When 70% of black kids grow up with absent father's, stereotypes are obviously justified.

In light of facts, do honestly think calling something a "stereotype" is a refutation or justification of an acute problem in the black community?

start spouting nonsense.
Depends on what you mean by absent. Just because you don't live in the home dose not mean you are absent. Only a imbecile without any education can be told that stat and actually take it at face value.

The only fact is your ability to be led around by the nose. Like I said earlier. When white dads start teaching their kids not to be serial killers and school shooters come talk to me about Black fathers. Untl then concentrate on your meth/crack problem in your community.
Please Asc, that's really even more feeble than your great jungle bunny civilizations.
The only thing feeble is your lack of a coherent point.

No one ever said there was something wrong with the fathers who live "with" or don't and heavily participate. The issue has been with the ones who leave the fathering of their child to government agencies.

White fathers do that too but they don't have a stereotype of being bad fathers.
BS absent white fathers most certainly do have the stereotype of being bad fathers. Being absent is not a white/black thing.

You still need to learn english. What you said is absent whites don't have the same stereotype. Where what you meant to say is that whites don't have the same stereotype as being absent. And that would be true. It would be true because blacks certainly do hold to the stereo type of being the race with the highest percentage BY FAR of absent fathers. It's just a fact. They are not absent because they are black... they have the stereotype because to many black fathers are absent. Again it has nothing to do with the color of their skin. I suspect it's the culture followed by most blacks. But you are free to explain why you think black fathers are more likely to be absent, by far, than any other group.

You still need to learn how to read. No thats not what I said. What I said was white fathers do that too. If white fathers are absent in their childrens lives why do they not have the same stereotype?

Maybe because the taxpayers find it easier to focus their eyes on the behavior of good looking Black men in the first place. We have always been the source of many dreams and also inspired a few nightmares. Of course they look to us! lolol

But I think they are disappointed to find that we live down to the stereotype.

And I have stopped issuing a blanket defense for everyone in my race.

And it is true...we DO do some bad shit that is more likely to happen in our community than in a White community.

And this is what we should focus on.

I believe the U.S. Black Community should issue and adopt a new set of standards and goals for our young people to make Uncommon young Men and Women out of them.

To instill in them the values and characteristics that make them welcome in any company and leave better prepared than the average person for life's adversities intelligently, responsibly and maturely.

I dream that one day the merest thought that a young Black male might commit a crime as being as unlikely as Rosie O'Donnell making out with Justin Bieber.

Laughably improbable!

start spouting nonsense.

Were all of your parent's children born brain dead?

start spouting nonsense.

Only two of us, and no, neither of us think there were great "Jungle Bunny" civilizations.

Now, tell us about your siblings.

You used the term "they" which refers to the prior group. You had two groups in one sentence.. the prior group was the group of absent white fathers, not the group of whites. Thus my reading of your sentence was correct.

Given your further clarification.... The reason is obvious. Whites don't carry the same stereotype because the shoe fits blacks more than it does whites. It's just a plain fact. Yes people should not stereotype, but they do. If whites were more likely than blacks to be absent fathers then whites would hold that stereotype for those that do such things.

Maybe because the taxpayers find it easier to focus their eyes on the behavior of good looking Black men in the first place. We have always been the source of many dreams and also inspired a few nightmares. Of course they look to us! lolol

But I think they are disappointed to find that we live down to the stereotype.

And I have stopped issuing a blanket defense for everyone in my race.

And it is true...we DO do some bad shit that is more likely to happen in our community than in a White community.

And this is what we should focus on.

I believe the U.S. Black Community should issue and adopt a new set of standards and goals for our young people to make Uncommon young Men and Women out of them.

To instill in them the values and characteristics that make them welcome in any company and leave better prepared than the average person for life's adversities intelligently, responsibly and maturely.

I dream that one day the merest thought that a young Black male might commit a crime as being as unlikely as Rosie O'Donnell making out with Justin Bieber.

Laughably improbable!

The only reason I issue blanket defenses is because pretty much its not a white person place to try and criticize considering how screwed up their race is.

Great point. That comes with knowledge of who they are and where they come from. If you know you come from the first humans to bring the world civilization you start walking a little different.

I think our strength is actually not in assimilating but developing a mindset of being able to conduct business in the language of the people we may be doing business with.

You used the term "they" which refers to the prior group. You had two groups in one sentence.. the prior group was the group of absent white fathers, not the group of whites. Thus my reading of your sentence was correct.

Given your further clarification.... The reason is obvious. Whites don't carry the same stereotype because the shoe fits blacks more than it does whites. It's just a plain fact. Yes people should not stereotype, but they do. If whites were more likely than blacks to be absent fathers then whites would hold that stereotype for those that do such things.

I used "they" referring to white men. Not just absent white men. So you read incorrectly.

The shoe doesn't fit Black men more than it does white men. White men are just as absent if not more than Black men.

This is the necessary background to understand how the Welfare program forced the Black unemployed husbands/fathers from the home before the Mothers and Children could get the Welfare benefits.

That caused the disruption of the Black family.

That forced young mothers, often those who were lucky to have graduated HS, to manage a household as a single parent. And be the sole child raiser.

Well, that's a prescription for failure.

And for 50 years this program has only exacerbated the problem LBJ SUPPOSEDLY was trying to solve.

No wonder Black males are less than they could otherwise be!

Who would look at these dynamics and envision anything else???

Marriage and Poverty, Welfare Reform, Welfare Spending and Work and Welfare
September 23, 2014

The War on Poverty: 50 years of failure
By Robert Rector

"... When President Johnson launched the War on Poverty, he wanted to give the poor a "hand up, not a hand out." He stated that his war would shrink welfare rolls and turn the poor from "taxeaters" into "taxpayers." Johnson's aim was to make poor families self-sufficient - able to rise above poverty through their own earnings without dependence on welfare.

The exact opposite happened. For a decade and a half before the War on Poverty began, self-sufficiency in American improved dramatically. But for the last 45 years, there has been no improvement at all. Many groups are less capable of self-support today than when Johnson's war started.

The culprit is, in part, the welfare system itself, which discourages work and penalizes marriage. When the War on Poverty began, 7 percent of American children were born outside marriage. Today the number is 41 percent. The collapse of marriage is the main cause of child poverty today.

The welfare state is self-perpetuating. By undermining the social norms necessary for self-reliance, welfare creates a need for even greater assistance in the future. President Obama plans to spend $13 trillion over the next decade on welfare programs that will discourage work, penalize marriage and undermine self-sufficiency.

Rather than repeating the mistakes of the past we should return to Johnson's original goal. Johnson sought to help the poor help themselves. He aimed to free the poor from the need for government aid, rather than to increase their dependence. That's a vision worth recapturing.

- Robert Rector is a senior research fellow in the DeVos Center for Religion and Civil Society at The Heritage Foundation.
Originally distributed by McClatchy-Tribune News Service

The War on Poverty 50 years of failure

start spouting nonsense.

Only two of us, and no, neither of us think there were great "Jungle Bunny" civilizations.

Now, tell us about your siblings.

My point of exception is your use of the term, "Jungle Bunny" when referring to Black folk.

My siblings are busily hopping through the jungle as far as you are concerned.

This is the necessary background to understand how the Welfare program forced the Black unemployed husbands/fathers from the home before the Mothers and Children could get the Welfare benefits.

That forced young mothers, often those who were lucky to have graduated HS, to manage a household as a single parent. And be the sole child raiser.

And for 50 years this program has only exacerbated the problem LBJ SUPPOSEDLY was trying to solve.

September 23, 2014

By Robert Rector

"... When President Johnson launched the War on Poverty, he wanted to give the poor a "hand up, not a hand out." He stated that his war would shrink welfare rolls and turn the poor from "taxeaters" into "taxpayers." Johnson's aim was to make poor families self-sufficient - able to rise above poverty through their own earnings without dependence on welfare.

The exact opposite happened. For a decade and a half before the War on Poverty began, self-sufficiency in American improved dramatically. But for the last 45 years, there has been no improvement at all. Many groups are less capable of self-support today than when Johnson's war started.

The culprit is, in part, the welfare system itself, which discourages work and penalizes marriage. When the War on Poverty began, 7 percent of American children were born outside marriage. Today the number is 41 percent. The collapse of marriage is the main cause of child poverty today.

The welfare state is self-perpetuating. By undermining the social norms necessary for self-reliance, welfare creates a need for even greater assistance in the future. President Obama plans to spend $13 trillion over the next decade on welfare programs that will discourage work, penalize marriage and undermine self-sufficiency.

Rather than repeating the mistakes of the past we should return to Johnson's original goal. Johnson sought to help the poor help themselves. He aimed to free the poor from the need for government aid, rather than to increase their dependence. That's a vision worth recapturing.

- Robert Rector is a senior research fellow in the DeVos Center for Religion and Civil Society at The Heritage Foundation.

They are going to accuse you of blaming "whitey" here in a couple of minutes. This doesnt fit their narrative.

I used "they" referring to white men. Not just absent white men. So you read incorrectly.

The shoe doesn't fit Black men more than it does white men. White men are just as absent if not more than Black men.

This episode of Adam 12 highlights the way LBJ's Great Society Welfare program forced husbands out of the family's life and home.

• Wells tells Reed a joke before shift that has Reed in stitches which he tells Malloy in between calls on the shift. An elderly lady reports her jealous friends took a mink scarf. She keeps it in the refrigerator but Malloy discovers it in the freezer. A domestic dispute has an angry husband cutting his wife's hand but Malloy has a bad feeling about it. Further checking proves Malloy right. They wanted the husband arrested to increase their welfare payments. Reed finishes the story with Malloy and two officers at dinner but only one of the officers thinks it is funny. A noisy party call involves Reed's high school friend who thought Reed would ignore the issue but Reed forces him to quiet down the party much to everyone's displeasure.

- Written by Anonymous
Adam-12 Log 22 ...So This Little Guy Goes Into a Bar and... TV Episode 1969 - Plot Summary - IMDb

And keep in mind that this episode of Adam - 12 was filmed in 1969.

Just a few years into this new, supposedly Great Society.

Last edited:

Your sentence had two groups, when a sentence has two groups and you say they, the they is ambiguous. You meant to refer to white men... you didn't. I understand what your intent was. Just trying to explain why I tied your they to the more recently discussed group vs. the prior group. If you like I can copy the sentence here and break it down for you in detail tying subject to verb.

Please provide a link or data showing that white men in general are more absent than black men in general with regard to being present to raise their kids or by any other measure.

September 23, 2014

By Robert Rector

While the handout system put in place by the democrats is most certainly designed to keep them there. I would not say that there is also evidence that black fathers were run oft by their mothers so they could live off welfare. I suspect mothers would be happier with good bread winning fathers than a government substitute. But I do agree that welfare hand-outs have the bad effect of letting welfare bound single parents stay that way.

Black fathers abandon their children because black culture doesn't show pride in family, just pride in the Puff Gansta lifestyle.

September 23, 2014

By Robert Rector

They are going to accuse you of blaming "whitey" here in a couple of minutes. This doesnt fit their narrative.

This is the time for all good Conservatives to put their feelings aside and lets focus on what might be done to solve the problem which everyone agrees is a bad thing for the Black race and America as a whole.

September 23, 2014

By Robert Rector

While the handout system put in place by the democrats is most certainly designed to keep them there. I would not say that there is also evidence that black fathers were run oft by their mothers so they could live off welfare. I suspect mothers would be happier with good bread winning fathers than a government substitute. But I do agree that welfare hand-outs have the bad effect of letting welfare bound single parents stay that way.

Did you watch the Adam - 12 episode yet that I posted in post #74?

The segment with the poor family trying to game the system starts a bit after the 9:00 point, I believe.

You'll note the father is played by accomplished character actor, Harry Dean Stanton.

Your sentence had two groups, when a sentence has two groups and you say they, the they is ambiguous. You meant to refer to white men... you didn't. I understand what your intent was. Just trying to explain why I tied your they to the more recently discussed group vs. the prior group. If you like I can copy the sentence here and break it down for you in detail tying subject to verb.

Please provide a link or data showing that white men in general are more absent than black men in general with regard to being present to raise their kids or by any other measure.

I don't need you to breakdown what I was referring to when I said they. If it was too ambiguous for you then you should have simply asked instead of assuming.

Gotta go so I will be back tomorrow with the links

Forum List

Back