Name ONE city thriving under the Democrats?

My hometown Orlando Fla. Mayor Dyer is a democrat but is he left-wing? No. But he is a southern democrat and that means pro-business.

I got no part of this fight -- but if all you need is ONE MaryL -- I'll answer your question and we can get on with our lives.

Nashville Tennessee -- I live just south of there. ABSOLUTELY "crane city" with new development. Stealing business from the other 50 states. About 20K new residents every month. VERY low crime problem.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE????"

Not all Dem politicians are lit up WOKE, power mad, incompetent boobs. In Tennesse, they are NORMAL people with fair judgement.

Ya got any other questions?

Well... no

New York
Philly
Chicago
LA
Houston
Dallas
San Antonio
Austin
Denver
New Orleans
Miami
Tampa
Atlanta
Pittsburgh

Many, many others. Seattle, Portland, Concord, Boston, Baltimore....

My nephew just bought a home last year in the city of Imperial which is adjacent to Pittsburgh.

Nowadays, the Pitts is like a shooting gallery, a real OK corral. He never crosses the city limits- although his own city is actually quite tremendous.

I got no part of this fight -- but if all you need is ONE MaryL -- I'll answer your question and we can get on with our lives.

Nashville Tennessee -- I live just south of there. ABSOLUTELY "crane city" with new development. Stealing business from the other 50 states. About 20K new residents every month. VERY low crime problem.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE????"

Not all Dem politicians are lit up WOKE, power mad, incompetent boobs. In Tennesse, they are NORMAL people with fair judgement.

Ya got any other questions?
Why do you suppose there is such a drastic contrast between Nashville and Memphis?
Race demographics?

A once great city in obvious decline. Do you have young kids? Would you take them to New York City and let them ride the subways? I did 20 years ago when mine were young. Today? No way. How about you?
We did the same in Chicago when we were young. Rode the subways for the hell of it. Buy a day pass, go all over the damn place. Great time.

I don't ride them now unless I have no other choice. Wouldn't put a kid on an L train on a dare at this point.

Well... no

Up 8% from 2019, the violent crime rate in the Nashville, Tennessee, metro area stands at 616 incidents per 100,000 people — well above the national rate. The increase in violent crime in the Nashville area was led by homicides, which surged by nearly 29% year over year.

Rising rates of deadly violence have continued well into 2021 in Nashville. As of early July, 68 homicides were committed in the city proper, up from 43 at the same point in 2020 and 30 the previous year.

Statistics are tricky for the Covid years 2019 -- 2021. The differences PER RANK for 2020 (the ONLY YEAR in the ratings) are only 10 or 20 violent crimes per rank. Nashville was in 41st place in that year based on ALL violent crimes. When folks are locked down -- which Democrat Nashville DID DO -- A lot of assaults, domestic abuse, and fighting ensue.

29% of a LOW number of murders is still a low number kinda thing. This snapshot is not typical.

Why do you suppose there is such a drastic contrast between Nashville and Memphis?
Race demographics?

Because Dems in Memphis ARE fucking crazy. They elect light-weights based on Woke scoring and run their police/judicial system, budgets and schools accordingly. Usually into the ground.

NO politician in Tenn gets away with anything. Doesn't matter what party they are in. But even as Tennessee is solidly "red" -- the Nashville govt has stabilization from SOME conservatives. Memphis does not. So Memphis is essentially a "one party city".

My hometown Orlando Fla. Mayor Dyer is a democrat but is he left-wing? No. But he is a southern democrat and that means pro-business.
Meanwhile..on O.B.T..Somebody's glad he's "Pro-bidness".

pamelacolorneg1-800x622.jpg

:aargh:

Oh man, I knew this shit 20 years ago. OBT is cringe as can be.

5x higher chance of trannies than Nebraska.

Last edited:
Statistics are tricky for the Covid years 2019 -- 2021. The differences PER RANK for 2020 (the ONLY YEAR in the ratings) are only 10 or 20 violent crimes per rank. Nashville was in 41st place in that year based on ALL violent crimes. When folks are locked down -- which Democrat Nashville DID DO -- A lot of assaults, domestic abuse, and fighting ensue.

29% of a LOW number of murders is still a low number kinda thing. This snapshot is not typical.

It's not Dem vs Rep... it's who's doing the crime.

Who is it? C'mon say it....we all know.

You won't

What happened to Houston was Katrina. Blacks from New Orleans moved in.
You know what happened when they tried to move to FL? They're still here, but they've been in Florida State Prison ever since.

Apparently the laws let them get away with too much too long in Loosiana. It don't work like that in Flawda.
You break the law here? They got room for ya in prison. Plenty. No exceptions, no racism. Fuck up? Up the road you go!
99% of them Katrina cockroaches are still up the road in FL. Wasn't that 2004 or so?

I don't see where any of those towns is really worth a crap.
I'm not surprised.
High crime rates, out of control taxes, parking unavailable, people crapping on the sidewalks, etc.
Compared to Mississippi and Arkansas?

There was a contest on the radio one day. The first prize was a weekend in Little Rock. The second prize was a whole week.

It's not Dem vs Rep... it's who's doing the crime.

Who is it? C'mon say it....we all know.

You won't

That's a different question than MaryL asked. And although it's USUALLY dems in dem cities -- there are places where poverty exists in conservative areas that are not safe either. Like all thru Appalachia. Doesn't much contribute to STATE statistics -- but it's the same dynamics of "being stranded" and living on welfare or barely surviving.

One thing I NEVER understood -- is WHY PEOPLE STAY in these places. People jamming our Southern borders to GET IN -- and be almost ANYWHERE in the US. Maybe walked 400 miles to get here. And the inhabitants of the killing zones in the ghettos DONT WANT TO LEAVE.

My nephew just bought a home last year in the city of Imperial which is adjacent to Pittsburgh.

Nowadays, the Pitts is like a shooting gallery, a real OK corral. He never crosses the city limits- although his own city is actually quite tremendous.
Wow, makes you wonder why so many people stay there year in and year out.

Forum List

Back