Name ONE city thriving under the Democrats?

That's a different question than MaryL asked. And although it's USUALLY dems in dem cities -- there are places where poverty exists in conservative areas that are not safe either. Like all thru Appalachia. Doesn't much contribute to STATE statistics -- but it's the same dynamics of "being stranded" and living on welfare or barely surviving.

One thing I NEVER understood -- is WHY PEOPLE STAY in these places. People jamming our Southern borders to GET IN -- and be almost ANYWHERE in the US. Maybe walked 400 miles to get here. And the inhabitants of the killing zones in the ghettos DONT WANT TO LEAVE.
All white, very poor Appalachia is actually quite safe by comparison….odd coincidence?

"There's not much violent crime here. There's a bit of the usual enterprise one finds everywhere there are drugs and poor people, which is to say, everywhere. But even the crime here is pretty well predictable. The police chief's assistant notes that if they know the nature and location of a particular crime, they can more or less drive straight to the perpetrator.

There's a great deal of drug use, welfare fraud, and the like, but the overall crime rate throughout Appalachia is about two thirds the national average, and the rate of violent crime is half the national average."

theweek.com

Appalachia: The big white ghetto

In Appalachia, jobs have vanished, and people live for pills, soda pop, and welfare
theweek.com

All white, very poor Appalachia is actually quite safe by comparison….odd coincidence?

"There's not much violent crime here. There's a bit of the usual enterprise one finds everywhere there are drugs and poor people, which is to say, everywhere. But even the crime here is pretty well predictable. The police chief's assistant notes that if they know the nature and location of a particular crime, they can more or less drive straight to the perpetrator.

There's a great deal of drug use, welfare fraud, and the like, but the overall crime rate throughout Appalachia is about two thirds the national average, and the rate of violent crime is half the national average."

theweek.com

Appalachia: The big white ghetto

In Appalachia, jobs have vanished, and people live for pills, soda pop, and welfare
theweek.com

It's only the population density that KEEPS it near the national averages. Being at 2/3rds of the national average in a town with under 300 people aint braggin rights.

We did the same in Chicago when we were young. Rode the subways for the hell of it. Buy a day pass, go all over the damn place. Great time.

I don't ride them now unless I have no other choice. Wouldn't put a kid on an L train on a dare at this point.
Exactly. Democrats hide behind GDP figures to dodge the obvious point of the thread. G5OOO ran from the question.

Hospitals
The ones where real Americans wait in ER’s for hours behind illegal aliens?
The ones where real American children are shunned while teachers teach illegal kids english?
plural society
Because a likeminded unified society is horrible
The purer the American culture the better…ask anyone sane
WTF? Do you mean nasty graffiti on personal private property?
paved roads
Where real Americans sit in 2.5 hours of stopped traffic to travel 65 miles with millions of illegal aliens?
cleaner water.
Like Flint Michigan?

Meanwhile..on O.B.T..Somebody's glad he's "Pro-bidness".

pamelacolorneg1-800x622.jpg

:aargh:

Oh man, I knew this shit 20 years ago. OBT is cringe as can be.

5x higher chance of trannies than Nebraska.
They do seeem to atract here. OBT when I was child was such a pro family area.

Detroit? Denver? San Francisco? Nope. Democrat only run cities have a issue...they don't have a another party to oppose them. Dosen't democracy imply more than two ideology's and isn't that what democracy is about? I Vote for Trump. You vote for drag queens in kindergartens?

All of the big Democrat run cities are thriving and well run. The cities are not responsible for the poverty

Republicans can't "run" anything or get anything accomplished. Every red state is a shithole "taker" state

The ones where real American children are shunned while teachers teach illegal kids english?

Where real Americans sit in 2.5 hours of stopped traffic to travel 65 miles with millions of illegal aliens?

Like Flint Michigan?

None of what you've posted here has ANY basis in fact or reality.

When racist assholes talk about a "pure" society, it's a sign of fascist ideology. You must be a really inferior kind of creep to even think like this.

I've never had a problem getting to see my doctor here in Phoenix. Perhaps you should enroll in Obamacare.
Meanwhile back in reality, I was privileged to go to a friend of mine's daughter's HS Graduation...about 800 kids were graduating. I guess there wasn't much shunning.
Compared to acting like yourself, It is quie preferable.
Nice proclamation there Adolf.
Art museums for those with developed tastes...you don't see a lot of those in impoverished red states where the only art work is how one decorates their Wal Mart smock.
LOL...that doesn't even make sense. Your inbred redstate anger is hilarious though.
Like Flint Michigan?
GOP governor=bad water. Thus is always the case.

Great question. WHY DO THEY STAY?? I cant figure that out. Is it just the goodness of the political benefits?

Social networks, no money to move on, no full time jobs elsewhere paying anything near a living wage making it feasible to move.

Most of the job creation is in shit work. Do you know any burger joints or janitorial services who will consider applications sent from some city 1,000 miles away, and provide housing for new hires relocating? Silicon Valley is full of tent cities in parking lots, and many of the residents are employed and have tech skills. Do you think 40 people in some Midwest ghetto should pack up and move to California as soon as a help wanted part time sign appears in a Burger King window in Palo Alto? Even bus tickets are expensive now, and forget hitchhiking these days, since being poor is a criminal offense.

Last edited:
GOP governor=bad water. Thus is always the case.
lol Flint was a Democratic city when the water supply was switched over in 2014.

On April 25, 2014 officials from Flint, Michigan switched the city’s water supply to the Flint River as a cost-cutting measure for the struggling city. In doing so, they unwittingly introduced lead-poisoned water into homes, in what would become a massive public-health crisis.

They did it to themselves.

Democratic run shithole from1992 to 2022.

lol Flint was a Democratic city when the water supply was switched over in 2014.

On April 25, 2014 officials from Flint, Michigan switched the city’s water supply to the Flint River as a cost-cutting measure for the struggling city. In doing so, they unwittingly introduced lead-poisoned water into homes, in what would become a massive public-health crisis.

They did it to themselves.

Democratic run shithole from1992 to 2022.
Strange how the governors of red states have absolutely no responsibility for anything that happens in that state...unless it's a success.

Strange how the governors of red states have absolutely no responsibility for anything that happens in that state...unless it's a success.

Not at all strange you think the Governor runs that city and ordered them to switch water supplies.

60% of that 20% probably comes as a result of Chinese outsourcing.

They now count overseas financial services as part of 'GDP' these days; the real consequences of off-shoring high productivity jobs and manufacturing are covered up in govt. accounting fudges these days, same as real inflation is. They also count corporations shipping themselves stuff from their own foreign plants as 'trade' with foreign countries in other stats, when most of it is just intra-company transfers, not real foreign trade, and they get tax breaks for that.

No but I think there are state regulatory agencies that are charged with making sure all drinking water is safe

And there are local politicians who ignored their own regulations and never bothered to check anything. Too bad you don't know squat and can't even dream up a fake narrative that isn't embarassingly dumb.

Forum List

Back