Name one thing the government has made cheaper and more effective.

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
government.jpg

I'll go first, Crime.

National highway system. Police departments. Libraries. Military. Water and sewage systems.

National highway system. Police departments. Libraries. Military. Water and sewage systems.

Tell me where there's a cheap highway and sewer system, numbnuts.

I bet you pay for water & sewage too, or your parents do. :abgg2q.jpg:

I don't pay for either. :funnyface:

At least not to the government.

The question is not well presented. There are certain common needs that can only be fulfilled by government. Some of them are hinted at in Article I of the Constitution, and include, national defense, a patent and copyright function, taxation/currency functions, and so forth.

But in essentially everything else, when government does it, it is manifestly more expensive, less efficient, and more prone to fraud, waste, and abuse.

It was "cheaper and more effective", not "cheap". Show me a highway system or sewer system (that will handle a couple of million people) that is handled privately and is cheaper and more effective. I assume you hike through the woods to get to a store and never use a public bathroom.

Personally, I'm on well and septic but most people in the country aren't. I am not a big fan of cholera outbreaks, but you may see it differently.,

The question is not well presented. There are certain common needs that can only be fulfilled by government. Some of them are hinted at in Article I of the Constitution, and include, national defense, a patent and copyright function, taxation/currency functions, and so forth.

But in essentially everything else, when government does it, it is manifestly more expensive, less efficient, and more prone to fraud, waste, and abuse.

Such as?

How about trains?

Oh....California...

How California’s faltering high-speed rail project was ‘captured’ by costly consultants

When California shifted its bullet train plan into high gear in 2008, it had just 10 employees to manage and oversee design of the largest public construction project in state history.

Consultants assured the state there was little reason to hire hundreds or thousands of in-house engineers and rail experts, because the consultants could handle the heavy work themselves and save California money. It would take them only 12 years to bore under mountains, bridge rivers and build 520 miles of rail bed — all at a cost of just $33 billion.

State officials followed that advice, and for the next several years, development of the nation’s first high-speed rail line was overseen by a minuscule government staff.

Now, more than a decade later, that decision has proved to be a foundational error in the project’s execution — a miscalculation that has resulted in the California High-Speed Rail Authority being overly reliant on a network of high-cost consultants who have consistently underestimated the difficulty of the task.

It was "cheaper and more effective", not "cheap". Show me a highway system or sewer system (that will handle a couple of million people) that is handled privately and is cheaper and more effective. I assume you hike through the woods to get to a store and never use a public bathroom.

Personally, I'm on well and septic but most people in the country aren't. I am not a big fan of cholera outbreaks, but you may see it differently.,

Oh! The new troll has teeth, like a Black Racer and shit.

Black Racers might make my finger bleed a little, but I can snap their neck/back any time I want.

Black Racers might make my finger bleed a little, but I can snap their neck/back any time I want.
So let it be written, so let it be done!

Worldwide terrorism crack and loss of liberties.
Doesn't sound like a very good org huh?

So pretty much no actual argument to present.

Forum List

Back