Zone1 Nancey Mace's X rated prayer breakfast

It's always the pious ones that turn out to be freaks between the sheets! :)
Marriage is a religious institution between two people and their God.

But for the world, it is more of a business arrangement with state perks between two people and the state.

Her own relationship with God is her own business.

The rest their lawyers can fight over.

I think she is the product of liberal culture

even though she is somewhat less damaged by the experience than a typical democrat she is still damaged
Yes, she is part of the "it's all about me" generation, who think we will be fascinated by such a story.

But, we need to focus on the banana republic dictator in the White House, not a gaffe by a young Republican female.

Yes, she is part of the "it's all about me" generation, who think we will be fascinated by such a story.

But, we need to focus on the banana republic dictator in the White House, not a gaffe by a young Republican female.
My pastor gave a sermon about marriage recently saying that it was more of a covenant between two people and God, at least, from a Christian perspective.

When it comes to a covenant, it is not all about feelings and personal wants, something the world is clueless about, rather, it is more of a choice.

I personally have no idea why the state is even involved in marriage. I mean, who the hell cares what Nancy Pelosi thinks about people having sex and getting married? Do we really care that Nancy is Ok with two people getting married but not three? No. Hell no!!

What vested interst does the state have in giving people state perks and legal contracts based on who they want to have sex with?

Moreover, why should they have more state rights than those who chose to be celibate for whatever reason?

None of the above is the issue, and what she does outside of the prayer breakfast isn't the point, either. The question for everyone--person of faith or not--in relating her story in that moment, was she being a good ambassador for prayer and for God? When one is representing someone (God) and something (prayer), does a good ambassador make the moment about oneself instead?

She made it clear that instead of speaking to the Bible Thumpers, she could have been home banging her hot boyfriend

I gave up hot, sweaty sex for this?

She made it clear that instead of speaking to the Bible Thumpers, she could have been home banging her hot boyfriend

I gave up hot, sweaty sex for this?
Again, the difference between being an ambassador of God/prayer and changing the focus from God/prayer to oneself/sex.

My pastor gave a sermon about marriage recently saying that it was more of a covenant between two people and God, at least, from a Christian perspective.

When it comes to a covenant, it is not all about feelings and personal wants, something the world is clueless about, rather, it is more of a choice.

I personally have no idea why the state is even involved in marriage. I mean, who the hell cares what Nancy Pelosi thinks about people having sex and getting married? Do we really care that Nancy is Ok with two people getting married but not three? No. Hell no!!

What vested interst does the state have in giving people state perks and legal contracts based on who they want to have sex with?

Moreover, why should they have more state rights than those who chose to be celibate for whatever reason?
The state isn't party to the marriage contract.

Why bring up her sex life? This isn't a gaffe..it's about her character and lack of common sense.

Marriage is a religious institution between two people and their God.

But for the world, it is more of a business arrangement with state perks between two people and the state.

Her own relationship with God is her own business.

The rest their lawyers can fight over.
In quite a few parts of the world, marriage is both a business/family arrangement and a religious one.
I find it amusing that people like her will stand up and claim that they can make decisions for the masses based on their just and righteous belief in God.
But then, be unable follow those beliefs when it comes to their personal lives.

As a christian I don't find the comments about her sex life offensive, but out of place for a pray breakfast.

Forum List

Back