Nancy Pelosi reveals her NASTY 100-day plan for 2019

All I can say is a bunch of stupid Democrats gave them charge of our country again to make things worse

Pelosi-Black-280x175.jpeg

They promised to do it when they ran for office. Clearly, a lot of Americans seem to go along with this. I don’t understand why. Someone please calmly explain it to me.

Universal background checks for every single gun sale that happens in the country.

And that’s just the beginning.

More @ Nancy Pelosi reveals her NASTY 100-day plan for 2019

She never does anything..

And if they do anything is always a mess

Why would anyone be afraid of background checks?

Got something to hide ?

Yep, the firearm when your FBI comes looking for it....every weapon I own will have been stolen the night before they knock on my door. No warrant? get the fuck off my porch.

Nancy Pelosi can't be "nasty". The worst thing she says is "tinkle".

DurE7uoX4AEEHY7.jpg

...just talk till you offer some proof of that statement...
More Americans Than Ever Support Stricter Gun Control Laws, Poll Finds
Time Magazine,
By JAMIE DUCHARME
February 20, 2018

A week after the U.S. was rocked by its deadliest school shooting in five years, support for stricter gun control laws is at an all-time high among American voters, according to a Quinnipiac University poll.

Those in favor of stricter gun legislation outnumber those opposed by a measure of more than two-to-one, according to the poll. Sixty-six percent of respondents said they would support more stringent laws, while just 31% said they would not. That’s the highest favorable percentage ever recorded by a Quinnipiac University National Poll, and a considerable increase from the 47% to 50% split measured in late 2015, according to an announcement from the school released Tuesday.

The split, however, was more even among gun owners, with 50% in favor and 44% not, according to the poll....

http://time.com/5167216/americans-gun-control-support-poll-2018/

Hey dimwit..universal background checks is enormously popular among the American people and rightfully so

Great get back to me when you put a criminal in jail for non-compliance. The 5th amendment says you can't. Just like you can't put them in jail for not registering a firearm in commie States that require it. It won't matter anyway, The house can pass all the shit they want, won't go anywhere in the senate.

Hey dimwit..universal background checks is enormously popular among the American people and rightfully so

Great get back to me when you put a criminal in jail for non-compliance. The 5th amendment says you can't.

The 5th amendment says that you can't put a criminal in jail for non-compliance with background checks.......according to who?

Is it that silly trucker that gave us that litanny of pseudo-legal gibberish about Flynn the other day?

Why would anyone be afraid of background checks?

Got something to hide ?

So, you are good with the police knocking on your door anytime they want and coming in and searching your house?

since you have nothing to hide
I don't think anyone said anything about the police along those lines, did they?

Why would the same philosophy not hold true? if you have nothing to hide, let them in your house

...Why would the same philosophy not hold true? if you have nothing to hide, let them in your house
Why?

Because in the case of firearms we are dealing with deadly weapons designed to kill human beings.

Oh, and, by the way, nobody is talking about the cops going into your house in connection with firearms, so, chill-out on that score.

The only way the police should be going into a house in connection with firearms is with a warrant, for purposes of enforcing the law.

So let's stop with the bull$hit faux equivalencies, shall we?

It's a false flag, juvenile, and downright embarrassing for your own side in such a debate, when you step back and look at it.

Only lightweights and dullards use it, and, I believe, you're better than that; take another tack. If you can.

Last edited:
...Why would the same philosophy not hold true? if you have nothing to hide, let them in your house
Why?

Because in the case of firearms we are dealing with deadly weapons designed to kill human beings.

Oh, and, by the way, nobody is talking about the cops going into your house in connection with firearms, so, chill-out on that score.

The only way the police should be going into a house in connection with firearms is with a warrant, for purposes of enforcing the law.

So let's stop with the bull$hit faux equivalencies, shall we?

It's a false flag, juvenile, and downright embarrassing for your own side in such a debate, when you step back and look at it.

Only lightweights and dullards use it, and, I believe, you're better than that; take another tack. If you can.
we're dealing with a right to use these firearms as we see fit within the law. a vast majority of gun owners NEVER have an issue. violence itself has become popular in the last decade so it only stands to reason in a stupid argument people will "gun up" and try to win an argument that in the end likely wasn't worth cheers at 2am bartalk. (sweatiest movie of all time type stuff).

if you want to start putting limits around laws, great. work on compromises and good faith and let's put some structure around that whole voting thing and make sure it remains a valid process for generations to come. NO???? but hey - votes can kill people too in a much slower fashion.

we can talk to the issues or we can insult each other. when we start insulting each other, the issues become secondary and just another handy tool we use to "attack" the other person.

our culture needs to be fixed, not guns.

All talk, no bite. None of that will happen. None of it will get past the Senate. It is not unlike the Repubs voting to do away with ObamaCare all those years they held the House but knew the Senate would not go along.

Kabuki Theater.

This is what the American people voted for. If the Senate blocks it, then come 2020, the Dems will have all the Houses, including the White House. This Republican Party is done. The people are done with them.

If so, then where is the credible effort to amend the Constitution to allow it?

As long a the Second Amendment stands, such a law would be blatantly unconstitutional. The only legitimate way for such a law to be enacted would be to first amend the Constitution to overturn the Second Amendment. If there was really anything close to the level of public support for such a law, then the effort to so amend the Constitution would be well underway, if not already completed.

There is no such effort, because nobody who is in a position to initiate the process believes that there is anywhere close to enough public support to give such an effort any plausible chance of success. Which puts the lie to any claim that there is so much public support for any policies that would require such an amendment.

If so, then where is the credible effort to amend the Constitution to allow it?

As long a the Second Amendment stands, such a law would be blatantly unconstitutional. The only legitimate way for such a law to be enacted would be to first amend the Constitution to overturn the Second Amendment. If there was really anything close to the level of public support for such a law, then the effort to so amend the Constitution would be well underway, if not already completed.

There is no such effort, because nobody who is in a position to initiate the process believes that there is anywhere close to enough public support to give such an effort any plausible chance of success. Which puts the lie to any claim that there is so much public support for any policies that would require such an amendment.
biggest issue is people want to put a band aide on the problem. hang a picture over a hole in the wall and call the problem fixed.

we've become a violent country in the last decade and this is what we need to understand and fix. the tools in which we express or violence will simply change, that's all. we need to stop trying to fix other people and work on fixing ourselves.

Forum List

Back