🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NASA : Antarctica is ****GAINING**** ice

LOL, ice is diminishing, despite Antarctic gains.

You, cannot make this stuff up folks.
And you apparently can't be bothered to read and understand the stuff you post.
melting sea ice...Doh!!!
If you read the text of the OP you realize they're not just talking about sea ice.
I see Carla posted this, you just agree with it:

"NASA Study Shows Global Sea Ice Diminishing, Despite Antarctic Gains
Sea ice increases in Antarctica do not make up for the accelerated Arctic sea ice loss of the last decades, a new NASA study finds. As a whole, the planet has been shedding sea ice at an average annual rate of 13,500 square miles (35,000 square kilometers) since 1979, the equivalent of losing an area of sea ice larger than the state of Maryland every year.

“Even though Antarctic sea ice reached a new record maximum this past September, global sea ice is still decreasing,” said Claire Parkinson, author of the study and climate scientist at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. “That’s because the decreases in Arctic sea ice far exceed the increases in Antarctic sea ice.”

NASA Study Shows Global Sea Ice Diminishing, Despite Antarctic Gains"

it says SEA ICE, and oh btw, it also says antarctic 'gains'. So it appears your text stated sea ice diminishing, how else doe sea ice diminish if not melt?

Now again, what is the problem?

Greenland

So you are worried about the Greenland Ice sheet melting.

How many centuries do you think it will take?
I don't get the all or nothing mentality you're displaying. Why does all of the ice from Greenland, Antarctica, and polar Eurasia and North America have to melt for it to be a problem?
why if none of it melts, is it a problem? volley back to you sir.
So you too have an all or nothing mentality. "Either all of the ice is about to melt or none of it will"

That ice is melting from Greenland is an undeniable fact.

That ice is melting from parts of Antarctica is an undeniable fact.

That ice is melting from glaciers and polar North America and Eurasia is an undeniable fact.

That sea levels are slowly rising is an undeniable fact.

So what are you trying to say?

Global Ice Viewer
no, not at all, I'm asking you what the issue is? See you made a point to point out sea ice melting. We're all just trying to understand what the issue is. Please don't say sea level rise, because you now know that isn't true, right?
I didn't say anything about sea ice. The term "sea ice" was not in the text of the OP either. If sea ice is melting, I wonder if land ice nearby also melts.

melting sea ice...Doh!!!
If you read the text of the OP you realize they're not just talking about sea ice.
didn't you post this:

Sea ice increases in Antarctica do not make up for the accelerated Arctic sea ice loss of the last decades, a new NASA study finds. As a whole, the planet has been shedding sea ice at an average annual rate of 13,500 square miles (35,000 square kilometers) since 1979, the equivalent of losing an area of sea ice larger than the state of Maryland every year.

“Even though Antarctic sea ice reached a new record maximum this past September, global sea ice is still decreasing,” said Claire Parkinson, author of the study and climate scientist at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. “That’s because the decreases in Arctic sea ice far exceed the increases in Antarctic sea ice.”

it says SEA ICE, and oh btw, it also says antarctic 'gains'. So it appears your text stated sea ice diminishing, how else doe sea ice diminish if not melt?
I didn't post that.

According to the environutters, we should have died like 10 times already.

:lol::lol::lol:
According to right wing propaganda outlets, we should all be dead of Ebola by now.

"I must have Ebola since I keep shitting my pants!"

Ebola? Really? Who the fuck said anything about Ebola? Last I checked, nobody's demanding taxes and electric cars and solar panels and other looniness based on Ebola.

Geeze you're a loon.
What makes you so convinced that unleashing billions of tons of fossilized carbon into the atmosphere per year isn't going to have global effects on climate. That CO2 is a greenhouse gas is an indisputable fact.
what makes you so convinced that it does have global effects? what evidence have you got that no one else seems to have?

melting sea ice...Doh!!!

I didn't post that.
corrected it.

I don't get the all or nothing mentality you're displaying. Why does all of the ice from Greenland, Antarctica, and polar Eurasia and North America have to melt for it to be a problem?
So you too have an all or nothing mentality. "Either all of the ice is about to melt or none of it will"

That ice is melting from glaciers and polar North America and Eurasia is an undeniable fact.

Global Ice Viewer
no, not at all, I'm asking you what the issue is? See you made a point to point out sea ice melting. We're all just trying to understand what the issue is. Please don't say sea level rise, because you now know that isn't true, right?
I didn't say anything about sea ice. The term "sea ice" was not in the text of the OP either. If sea ice is melting, I wonder if land ice nearby also melts.
The OP was referring to land ice, it was Carla that commented on sea ice to which you followed.

your post:

"Theowl32 said:

And you apparently can't be bothered to read and understand the stuff you post."

And from your own link it says....

NASA Study Shows Global Sea Ice Diminishing, Despite Antarctic Gains

Let's say this is true. How is supposed to effect us?

Do you think polar bears will appear in your backyard?

For some weird reason, nitwits always think of "global" as their backyard. Seriously, if you're this ignorant, there's no point in having us having a discussion.

I don't have time for you.
then what is your point about sea ice diminishing? What is the hazard? I believe the only option is polar bears right, penguins maybe?

OMG, you are as dumb as a box of rock. What's the hazard....are you fucking kidding me?

Do me a favor and take your mouse over to the Google, and type in "what are the dangers of rising sea levels."

• Threats to coastal communities. Some 40 percent of the world's population lives within 62 miles (100 kilometers) of the ocean, putting millions of lives and billions of dollars' worth of property and infrastructure at risk.
    • High tides and storm surges riding on ever-higher seas are more dangerous to people and coastal infrastructure.
    • Natural protections against damaging storm surges are increasingly threatened. Barrier islands, beaches, sand dunes, salt marshes, mangrove stands, and mud and sand flats retreat inland as sea level rises, unless there are obstructions along the retreat path. If they cannot move, these natural protections are washed over or drowned.
    • Many shorelines have sea walls, jetties, and other artificial defenses to protect roads, buildings, and other vital coastal resources. In these areas, sea-level rise increases erosion of stranded beaches, wetlands, and engineered structures
  • Saltwater intrusion. Sea-level rise can mean that saltwater intrudes into groundwater drinking supplies, contaminates irrigation supplies, or overruns agricultural fields. Low-lying, gently sloping coastal areas are particularly vulnerable to contamination of freshwater supplies.
Global Warming Effects on Sea Level

melting sea ice...Doh!!!

Guilty as charged, I thanked Carl's post without reading it. It was a different article than the one in the OP so I'm not sure why she posted that.

For some weird reason, nitwits always think of "global" as their backyard. Seriously, if you're this ignorant, there's no point in having us having a discussion.

then what is your point about sea ice diminishing? What is the hazard? I believe the only option is polar bears right, penguins maybe?

OMG, you are as dumb as a box of rock. What's the hazard....are you fucking kidding me?

Do me a favor and take your mouse over to the Google, and type in "what are the dangers of rising sea levels."

• Threats to coastal communities. Some 40 percent of the world's population lives within 62 miles (100 kilometers) of the ocean, putting millions of lives and billions of dollars' worth of property and infrastructure at risk.
    • High tides and storm surges riding on ever-higher seas are more dangerous to people and coastal infrastructure.
    • Natural protections against damaging storm surges are increasingly threatened. Barrier islands, beaches, sand dunes, salt marshes, mangrove stands, and mud and sand flats retreat inland as sea level rises, unless there are obstructions along the retreat path. If they cannot move, these natural protections are washed over or drowned.
    • Many shorelines have sea walls, jetties, and other artificial defenses to protect roads, buildings, and other vital coastal resources. In these areas, sea-level rise increases erosion of stranded beaches, wetlands, and engineered structures
  • Saltwater intrusion. Sea-level rise can mean that saltwater intrudes into groundwater drinking supplies, contaminates irrigation supplies, or overruns agricultural fields. Low-lying, gently sloping coastal areas are particularly vulnerable to contamination of freshwater supplies.
Sea ice, can you say sea ice, do you even know what sea ice is? oh my fkn god, I can't believe you are this stupid. So just curios, when you have ice in a drink, and it melts, will it raise or lower the level of liquid in the glass? Please hurry up and answer, I'm dying to hear your thoughts.

Carla sea ice melt does not cause sea level rise. It is land ice melt that does that.

melting sea ice...Doh!!!

Guilty as charged, I thanked Carl's post without reading it. It was a different article than the one in the OP so I'm not sure why she posted that.
BTW, carla still has no idea what sea ice is.

What parts of the North polar cap are over land?
Greenland

Global Ice Viewer

I think he's trying to say, "Polly wants a cracker." lol

melting sea ice...Doh!!!

BTW, you can take off your thank you from her post, and you should also perhaps apologize to the OP for the miss. Just saying it goes a long way and all.

Carla sea ice melt does not cause sea level rise. It is land ice melt that does that.

I'm simply addressing the hazards of the rising sea level.

Greenland

Global Ice Viewer

I think he's trying to say, "Polly wants a cracker." lol
hey carla, again sea ice is the discussion because you posted it. Now, please answer my question from the previous post concerning ice in a glass cooling a liquid and it melts. Does the liquid level rise?

melting sea ice...Doh!!!

BTW, you can take off your thank you from her post, and you should also perhaps apologize to the OP for the miss. Just saying it goes a long way and all.
I don't need to apologize to the OP because he didn't read his own link. His link was clearly not a global warming denial piece. I'm not thinking he would have posted it if he had actually read it.

I'm simply addressing the hazards of the rising sea level.
the rising of what sea level? What the hell are you talking about? come on carla, please don't stay stupid when it's been proven you're wrong about sea level rise and melting sea ice. Just don't. You look foolish and stupid.

black_26006074_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Harold Black: ‘Global warming' is not exactly ‘settled science'

melting sea ice...Doh!!!

I don't need to apologize to the OP because he didn't read his own link. His link was clearly not a global warming denial piece. I'm not thinking he would have posted it if he had actually read it.
he didn't state it did. He posted up about land ice increase in the Antarctic. What does that have to do with global? BTW, from NASA.

Forum List

Back