National weather service: Key West underwater from Irma " reasonable worst case scenario"

National Weather Service: Key West underwater from Irma ‘reasonable worst case scenario’

A “reasonable worst case scenario” forecast shows half of Key West underwater due to storm surge, according to a Weather Channel meteorologist.

Hurricane Irma, a Category 3 storm as of 11 a.m., is predicted to turn away from Cuba and make landfall in the Sunshine State by Sunday morning. Forecasters say the eye is expected to make landfall in Key West. Officials and forecasters have warned of the dangers of “life-threatening” storm surge associated with the storm.

National Weather Service: Key West underwater from Irma ‘reasonable worst case scenario’
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this thing hits even at a 3 it will still have devastating impacts on the state.

Another Article just put out on MSN

upload_2017-9-9_23-24-11.png

Storm surge warnings: Life-threatening, will cover a house

Ocean ‘disappears’ as killer Hurricane Irma sucks water away from shores on devastating path to Florida | End Time Headlines
Beachgoers were left shocked after the ocean ‘disappeared’ as Hurricane Irma cut a devastating path through the Caribbean. The extreme force of the killer storm was on full display as it sucked water away from shores in the Bahamas in a rare weather phenomenon. Footage posted on social media shows people walking along the seabed which is normally under several feet of water. There was dry land as far
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, so much is going to take time for recovery in ways half the zombie population haven't even thought of.
Half don't give a dam because they don't live there who eeeh who cares. But the devastation lingering all across the Country you never know when your state could be next with some natural disaster.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEVELOPING: Tampa, Florida Facing Once In a Century Storm!

DEVELOPING: Irma spawns tornado as it nears landfall in Florida

I should point out that the one article only offers as proof a picture of a few inches of cracked earth rather than a whole beach, the tornado article only shows a cloudy sky, no tornado, and it is by no means certain yet that Irma will even go inland or hit the coast of Florida at all! It is entirely possible that it may go up into the Gulf to eventually hit the panhandle. NONE of the predictions have been accurate so far, in fact, the actual track is much closer to how I predicted it days ago, nor do I accept any of these articles as credible without corroboration from other sources. So far, the entire Florida scare has been largely only good for attracting viewers; a friend of mine in south Florida is sitting out enjoying the breeze. I remain skeptical that this storm will end up a calamity for Florida at all to the scale predicted for the past week.

If so, that's called luck.

CONFIRMED! Irma is finally heading away from Cuba north, but right now is actually headed straight into the Gulf towards Louisiana!

Doesn’t she know she’s supposed to hit Florida? ;^)

Do the weather people have no limits to their shame; they’ve not gotten one thing right so far.

I could’ve made a better prediction with a chicken wishbone. ;^D

Looks like it's still a 5 too, holly chit,

upload_2017-9-9_23-26-28.png

RSOE EDIS - - Event reports (Earthquakes, events, tropical storms, tsunamies and others)

Well when the storm surge adds like 10+ feet to the sea level over an area the size of Texas, the water has to come from somewhere.
It's a storm surge. Water doesn't come from anywhere. It was always there. You are thinking of a tsunami where the ocean pulls back sometimes for miles then rushes in in a big wave.

Storm surge is the wind pushing the water ashore. It can be pushed quite far.

I was listening to a man on one of the keys he said during Andrew the storm surge pushed the ocean waves totally across the key and off the other side.

What MindWars should be worried about are the tornadoes. When a tornado is over the ocean it sucks up sharks and drops them on land to attack people. MindWars you keep your eye out for a sharknado and let us know right away.

CONFIRMED! Irma is finally heading away from Cuba north, but right now is actually headed straight into the Gulf towards Louisiana!

Do the weather people have no limits to their shame; they’ve not gotten one thing right so far.

View attachment 148420

RSOE EDIS - - Event reports (Earthquakes, events, tropical storms, tsunamies and others)

It's a 3 probably intensifying to a 4.

View attachment 148420

It's a 3 probably intensifying to a 4.

If you click on that map I posted the cat. is right on the icon it says 5, but it could be not as updated too. Either way doesn't look like it will be a weak one, guess that could change by morning though. Guess we shall see.

It's been downgraded to a cat 3 after making landfall in Cuba. It is expected to intensify to a cat 4 before hitting Florida.
Are you in Ireland now? And...is your son in a safe place? IIRC you said he was staying due to pets and stuff.

It's been downgraded to a cat 3 after making landfall in Cuba. It is expected to intensify to a cat 4 before hitting Florida.
Are you in Ireland now? And...is your son in a safe place? IIRC you said he was staying due to pets and stuff.

Yeah, we are in Dublin.

My son stayed but he's living in his own, so there's not much we can do. (Puppy crossed the rainbow bridge last year.) We gave him supplies, filled his car, and gave him $1500 in cash to leave if need be. We are in N FL so he can get out pretty quickly. But it should be a TS or cat 1 by the time it hits.

And I see Irma is now a cat 4.

Irma might just do a brief visit and do some damage but save her heavy partying for Lousiana from what I have been hearing.

Irma might just do a brief visit and do some damage but save her heavy partying for Lousiana from what I have been hearing.

If she goes out far into the Gulf, that's a big problem for the Gulf Coast.

You never know with these things, but it appears she will rake the west coast of Florida. The damage on the east coast will likely be less than feared.

I got those from twitter, but I had to leave cuz they are reporting about dogs being tied to trees and left behind. So far, I think it's Tampa, that have rescued 50 dogs so far.

Fucking assholes. I tweeted I hoped ADDRESSES are being collected so when this is all over, they can go back and ARREST the fucktard low lifes.

It upsets me reading that shit. People suck.

Anyone here affected? It can reach Tennessee!

I'm in Fort Myers, Jackson. This bad mama jamma is coming right at us! Been through a lot of hurricanes before and never really sweated it but this one could be bad. They're calling for 10 - 15 feet of storm surge here and that's going to make Houston look like the Sahara desert. If we do get it most of the coastal area here is going to be gone.
You are staying in Ft. Meyers?

Forum List

Back