Nation's first female Somali American Muslim law makers takes Oath on Koran

Let's start with your first claim and go from there:
Most U.S. Christian groups grow more accepting of homosexuality
Note that nowhere in that survey do they define what 'acceptance' of homosexuality means.

Does it mean that homosexuals are good healthy wholesome role models for society?

Does sit mean that they think that Homosexual behavior is no longer a sin?

Does it mean that they think homosexual relationships are compeltely at the same level of preference to society that heterosexual relationships are?

No, most Christians in the West who are not main stream Protestants do not believe that homosexuality is no longer a sinful form of behavior, but they also do not believe it is OK to assault someone for merely being a queer.

if you don't know you are the big part of AMERICA's problem

One of America's problems is so-called conservatives like yourself who think freedom of religion only applies to your religion and no one else's
. Goes back to compatibility with our traditions, laws, and culture as does define the United States. There are of course religions that don't qualify because they are absolutely not compatible. One is so bad that it is killing Americans, but the idiots refuse to admit it or see it. Americans blood is on their hands.

People of all religions have killed Americans.

Meanwhile freedom of religion was enshrined in our Constitution because our forefathers had had experience with bigots like yourself who would decide which religion was allowed and which was not allowed.
. A religion that is incompatible with the culture, laws and traditions of this United States, why yes of course it should be deemed unexceptable as based upon the content of the religion in which is then practiced literally by it's followers to the detriment of this nation in which is just common sense to notice it as a threat and not an asset. If a religion undermines this nation, creates danger for it's citizens, then it is not covered under our Constitution. Period.

And of course we would have good citizens like yourself deciding which are the approved religions- and which are not.

As you piss on the Constitution.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;
. Amendment 1 was written where no threats like we are encountering today existed. We are smart enough as a people to know the difference in these things. The traitorous efforts to undermine this nation will be unveiled, and changes will have to come in light of.

We have freedom of religion in this country. If someone is elected by their district to lead the people, it really doesn't matter what their religion is, because it says that there shall be no religious test when it comes to holding public office.

Ok, so my new religion says I have to drink all the blood from an infant to reach paradise. So too my followers. Shall I have freedom to practice my religion?

No.

No rights are unrestricted.

But you just said we have freedom of religion in our country. So which is it? Do we have freedom of religion or not?

Does the right to bear arms mean you have the freedom to go next door and shoot your neighbor because you don't like the way he talks?

No.

Ponder that ;)

You're dodging. What's the matter? Question to hard for you? Answer it.

Here's the thing with people of the alt-Left such as Coyote. Their ideology is so perverted - so distorted and stupid that just when they're about to come face to face with this undeniable fact, they run like Hell in all manner of ways. It's like trying to grab a slippery eel.

We have freedom of religion in this country. If someone is elected by their district to lead the people, it really doesn't matter what their religion is, because it says that there shall be no religious test when it comes to holding public office.

Ok, so my new religion says I have to drink all the blood from an infant to reach paradise. So too my followers. Shall I have freedom to practice my religion?

No.

But you just said we have freedom of religion in our country. So which is it? Do we have freedom of religion or not?

Does the right to bear arms mean you have the freedom to go next door and shoot your neighbor because you don't like the way he talks?

No.

Ponder that ;)

She's not dodging anything. She's been pointing out that our freedoms are not absolute.

Religion - freedom thereof - is one our foundational rights. The vast majority of Muslims are not engaged in terrorism,

However, the tenets they follow support and inspire just that.

Not for most Muslims :dunno:

For EVERY Moslem. Because a Christian may not happen to believe Jesus died on a cross doesn't erase the scripture in the Bible of his death.

Ah. It's interesting that you feel you can speak for every Muslim. Do you speak for other religions as well?

Nation's first female Somali American Muslim law makers takes Oath on Koran

So what!!!! I'm sure she lied anyway, The koran instructs Muslims to lie to non believers. Thank God for the Electoral College. This shit is gonna change.

What, specifically, is going to change? Will elected officials be barred from swearing their oaths on a Koran?

No.

No.

Ponder that ;)

It's a stupid question since there is no such religion. Your absurd argument aside, we have the freedom to practice religion but that does not grant permission to violate laws. At the same time, laws cannot be created which violate peoples' [actual] religious beliefs.

Here's an interesting article concerning the Founding Fathers and their reading of the Quran.

Focus On... - Oxford Islamic Studies Online

From the article.......................

American interest in Islam and the Qur'an did not begin with Thomas Jefferson's serendipitous purchase of a Qur'an while a student, but dates as far back as the nation's Puritan forefathers. The firebrand preacher Cotton Mather is said to have devoured books written about the Ottoman Empire and referenced the Qur'an on numerous occasions. Benjamin Franklin, parodying a North African pirate addressing a colonial audience in the 17th century asked his audience, "Is it worse to follow Mahomet than the Devil?"i, a question it seems he did not receive an answer to from amongst his many readers. Even John Adams knew enough of Islam to discuss it.ii In fact, Adam, like many early Americans, from German immigrants to Pennsylvania to our founding fathers, owned copies of the Qur'an.iii Although it may surprise many contemporary Americans that the Puritans read outside the gospel and Franklin and Adams were well-versed in the diversity of the world's faiths, these were men who had a profound and insatiable intellectual curiosity and political genius in that they understood, collectively, that this knowledge was essential to the success of the early colonies as well as to the establishment of a sovereign and sustainable nation state. Unsurprisingly, given his reputation as a voracious reader and humanist, Jefferson was perhaps the most attuned to this necessity of learning about world religions and the social systems and governments that they created. Indeed, it is really through Jefferson, more than any other early American statesman, that we understand the early importance and impact of Islam upon the new republic.

No.

No.

Ponder that ;)

She's not dodging anything. She's been pointing out that our freedoms are not absolute.

In that case this negates her comment "Religion - freedom thereof - is one our foundational rights." Try again.

Religion - freedom thereof - is one our foundational rights. The vast majority of Muslims are not engaged in terrorism,

For EVERY Moslem. Because a Christian may not happen to believe Jesus died on a cross doesn't erase the scripture in the Bible of his death.

I don't think you know Islam as well as you think you do.

No.

No.

Ponder that ;)

Nuance doesn't work for you does it? You need the 2x4 approach?

Within my answer is the answer: no right or freedom is completely unrestricted. Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can murder someone, or marry a child, or own slaves, or abuse people or - break our laws. Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can impose the Ten Commandments on others or stone adulterers.

Just like you can't take your "right to bear arms" over to your neighbor and shoot him because he looked at you funny.

It's a stupid question since there is no such religion. Your absurd argument aside, we have the freedom to practice religion but that does not grant permission to violate laws.

It's a hypothetical which you missed the point of. Zinged right over your head.

If you have a religion that demands the death of infants for it's practitioners to gain paradise then we can guarantee babies will die. That would be a certainty. So, at what point do we accept the absurd dictum of freedom of religion. The willingness to gamble the lives of our babies for the freedom of an evil religion to exist in our country is something only a sick ideology like today's Liberalism can accept.

I don't think you know Islam as well as you think you do.

Oh yes I do. I understand it very well. Far more than you.

No.

No.

Ponder that ;)

Nuance doesn't work for you does it? You need the 2x4 approach?

Within my answer is the answer: no right or freedom is completely unrestricted. Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can murder someone, or marry a child, or own slaves, or abuse people or - break our laws. Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can impose the Ten Commandments on others or stone adulterers.

Just like you can't take your "right to bear arms" over to your neighbor and shoot him because he looked at you funny.

See post # 376

One of America's problems is so-called conservatives like yourself who think freedom of religion only applies to your religion and no one else's

There is no freedom to immigrate to the US, we have a long history of ideological tests for immigration which have been upheld repeatedly by the SCOTUS.

Islam is an ideology the same as every religion and should be judged on its tenants and the views of its adherents. Islam is a violent, totalitarian, theocratic, misogynistic, anti-Semitic, homophobic, and supremacist ideology and the overwhelming majority of its adherents (we're talking high 90 percentiles) are homophobic, anti-Semitic, misogynistic, and theocratic, were very large percentages supporting jihadist terrorist organizations and honor killings even in supposedly moderate Muslim majority countries like Indonesia. The concepts found in Islam and its followers are antithetical to the western values of pluralism, liberty, and equality and we should not be promoting them or encouraging or allowing mass Muslim immigration by the tens of millions into the west.

Then why do so many American Muslims - like this woman who won public office - live here peacefully, engage in civic activities and clearly value western values?
And commits immigration fraud by marrying her own brother? What is her stance on Sharia? Homosexuality? Jews? Female genital mutilation? You have no fucking clue.

But regardless don't argue with me argue with PEW who demonstrate annually that upwards of 90% of the global muslim population is anti-Semitic, homophobic, theocratic, and misogynistic with large percentages supporting honor killings and jihadist groups.

Hey, lots of Christians are homophobic, mysogynistic (they say women should stay home and raise the kids rather than get jobs), and currently, lots of them would like to see a Christian theocracy here in the USA.

Let's start with your first claim and go from there:
Most U.S. Christian groups grow more accepting of homosexuality

Funny thing...American Muslims are more supportive of gay marriage than American Protestants.

Forum List

Back