Nations largest employer to furlough thousands

What are you some like idiot crack-pot? Honest worker? Like you maybe. Someone that works and rips others off at major profit and then maybe even had a contract that the government awarded the place you work at. YOu are a fucking joke of a person
Do you consider those in the military dishonest workers, they get paid by the government, you fucking asshole.

How can you feel honest about a job in which you get paid from the money that other people make?

I am not saying that you don't work hard or that you are a dishonest person - nothing personal but the money you make comes out of my paycheck and I don't have any say in it.
You also probably make more money than I do.

Wow, it may take 4 people instead of 5 people to do the job of 1 person now.

U.S. cuts become real with furlough notices sent to thousands - Yahoo! News

-

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AGAINST AN AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!

WHY SIGNING THIS PETITION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN OTHERS!

While every petition, fax, email and phone call against the amnesty is important, signing this petition is by far the most important single thing one of your friends or relatives can do.

The reason is that signing this petition puts a person into an email system at NumbersUSA that will alert them every time one of their elected officials needs to hear something specific about immigration. Nobody else but NumbersUSA runs a customized grassroots mobilization system like this that constantly gathers information on Capitol Hill about your Members of Congress and then lets you know what they are doing, saying and thinking about immigration policy.

The New York Times and other mass media have repeatedly stated that NumbersUSA's mobilization network led the efforts that defeated the close-call amnesty efforts of 2007 and 2010. But the forces for open borders are far more powerful today. Please help by passing along this Petition to everybody you know.

https://www.numbersusa.com/petition?uid=83447

Reduced hours is not a furlough.

Thank you for an excellent post about thinking past ones pocket book and nose.

How can you feel honest about a job in which you get paid from the money that other people make?

I am not saying that you don't work hard or that you are a dishonest person - nothing personal but the money you make comes out of my paycheck and I don't have any say in it.

Dumb fuck. Was I a dishonest person when I took the very small amount of money that I was paid while in uniform?

You dumb shits just think that the streets get repaired by fairies? That the pure water that comes from your faucet is done without anyone lifting a hand?

Joe gets up at 6 a.m. and fills his coffeepot with water to prepare his morning coffee. The water is clean and fresh because some tree-hugging liberal fought for minimum water-quality standards.

With his first swallow of coffee, he takes his daily medication. His medications are safe to take because some stupid commie liberal fought to insure their safety and that they work as advertised. All but $10 of his medications are paid for by his employer's medical plan because some liberal union workers fought their employers for paid medical insurance - now Joe gets it too.

He prepares his morning breakfast, bacon and eggs. Joe's bacon is safe to eat because some girlie-man liberal fought for laws to regulate the meat packing industry.

In the morning shower, Joe reaches for his shampoo. His bottle is properly labeled with each ingredient and its amount in the total contents because some crybaby liberal fought for his right to know what he was putting on his body and how much it contained.

Joe dresses, walks outside and takes a deep breath. The air he breathes is clean because some environmentalist wacko liberal fought for laws to stop industries from polluting our air.

He walks to the subway station for his government-subsidized ride to work. It saves him considerable money in parking and transportation fees because some fancy-pants liberal fought for affordable public transportation, which gives everyone the opportunity to be a contributor. Joe begins his work day. He has a good job with excellent pay, medical benefits, retirement, paid holidays and vacation because some lazy liberal union members fought and died for these working standards.

Joe's employer pays the same standards because Joe's employer doesn't want his employees to call the union. If Joe is hurt on the job or becomes unemployed, he'll get a worker compensation or unemployment check because some stupid liberal didn't think he should lose his home because of his temporary misfortune.

It is noon and Joe needs to make a bank deposit so he can pay some bills. Joe's deposit is federally insured by the FDIC because some godless liberal wanted to protect Joe's money from unscrupulous bankers who ruined the banking system before the Great Depression.

Joe has to pay his Fannie Mae-underwritten mortgage and his below- market federal student loan because some elitist liberal decided that Joe and the government would be better off if he was educated and earned more money over his lifetime.

Joe is home from work. He plans to visit his father this evening at his farm home in the country. He gets in his car for the drive. His car is among the safest in the world because some America-hating liberal fought for car safety standards. He arrives at his boyhood home. His was the third generation to live in the house financed by the Farmers Home Administration because bankers didn't want to make rural loans. The house didn't have electricity until some big- government liberal stuck his nose where it didn't belong and demanded rural electrification.

He is happy to see his father, who is now retired. His father has Medicare, lives on Social Security and a union pension because some wine- drinking, cheese-eating liberal made sure he could take care of himself so Joe wouldn't have to.

Joe gets back in his car for the ride home, and turns on a radio talk show. The radio host keeps saying that liberals are bad and conservatives are good. He doesn't mention that the beloved Republicans have fought against every protection and benefit Joe enjoys throughout his day. Joe agrees: "We don't need those big-government liberals ruining our lives! After all, I'm a self-made man who believes everyone should take care of themselves, just like I have."

Wow, it may take 4 people instead of 5 people to do the job of 1 person now.

U.S. cuts become real with furlough notices sent to thousands - Yahoo! News

-

PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AGAINST AN AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!

WHY SIGNING THIS PETITION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN OTHERS!

While every petition, fax, email and phone call against the amnesty is important, signing this petition is by far the most important single thing one of your friends or relatives can do.

The reason is that signing this petition puts a person into an email system at NumbersUSA that will alert them every time one of their elected officials needs to hear something specific about immigration. Nobody else but NumbersUSA runs a customized grassroots mobilization system like this that constantly gathers information on Capitol Hill about your Members of Congress and then lets you know what they are doing, saying and thinking about immigration policy.

The New York Times and other mass media have repeatedly stated that NumbersUSA's mobilization network led the efforts that defeated the close-call amnesty efforts of 2007 and 2010. But the forces for open borders are far more powerful today. Please help by passing along this Petition to everybody you know.

https://www.numbersusa.com/petition?uid=83447

Reduced hours is not a furlough.

You are giving people who work for this country an across the board pay cut of 20%. All because Congress does not know how to do it's job

I pay taxes too. And I don't have any say where it goes, especially when it goes to immoral wars to fuel the military industrial complex.

I'm a teacher, so no, I probably don't make as much as you. Teaching is like the ministry - you take a vow of poverty......... OK, not poverty, but I certainly don't have any vacation homes or cushy retirement to look forward to. Shit, where I teach, I'm just happy to come out alive every day.

You teach convicted felons in a prison That alone makes your job useless and a waste of my freaking tax money. Convicts need to be breaking big rocks into lots of little rocks 10-12 hrs a day. They should not have the priviledge of sitting in a classroom getting an education on my freaking dime and for that matter they should not have the time or strength to do it. THAT is part of the problem with our Justice System. Prisoners are not treated nearly harsh enough so they don't fear going to prison in the first place and don't fear going back, time and time and time again. Prison should not be a place where you get to go to school, it should be a place of harsh punishement and backbreaking labor all day long from sun up to sun down year, after year, decade after decade. School for convicted felons, what a freaking joke and a waste of time and tax payer money. Hope ALL prison teachers get permantly furloughed.

Pretty sad when the government is the largest employer in the US...

Really? Pretty sad that you don't realize that the governent has been the largest employer in the USA for a long long time.

When did you come to this country? And why?

And it has wrongly been that way for a long time.. government has continually grown for too long and needs to be reduced NOW

if not employed by the gov't at least everyone should have the same security and benefits of gov't employment.

What you should say, in my opinion, is that the government employee shouldn't have more given to them.

I pay taxes too. And I don't have any say where it goes, especially when it goes to immoral wars to fuel the military industrial complex.

I'm a teacher, so no, I probably don't make as much as you. Teaching is like the ministry - you take a vow of poverty......... OK, not poverty, but I certainly don't have any vacation homes or cushy retirement to look forward to. Shit, where I teach, I'm just happy to come out alive every day.

You teach convicted felons in a prison That alone makes your job useless and a waste of my freaking tax money. Convicts need to be breaking big rocks into lots of little rocks 10-12 hrs a day. They should not have the priviledge of sitting in a classroom getting an education on my freaking dime and for that matter they should not have the time or strength to do it. THAT is part of the problem with our Justice System. Prisoners are not treated nearly harsh enough so they don't fear going to prison in the first place and don't fear going back, time and time and time again. Prison should not be a place where you get to go to school, it should be a place of harsh punishement and backbreaking labor all day long from sun up to sun down year, after year, decade after decade. School for convicted felons, what a freaking joke and a waste of time and tax payer money. Hope ALL prison teachers get permantly furloughed.

God, I love your posts

You show just what America has to fear

You only work 8 months out of the year (3 months for summer vacation, 2 weeks off for Christmas, 1 week for Easter, and other holidays) and after tenure it's almost impossible for you to get fired. Your retirement and health benefits are also better than most people. Stop crying!

They get better benefits then retired military who when they were doing their jobs on active duty , alot were in war or some sort of conflict.. yeah , some areas are harder because of their location but in general schools are safe

You only work 8 months out of the year (3 months for summer vacation, 2 weeks off for Christmas, 1 week for Easter, and other holidays) and after tenure it's almost impossible for you to get fired. Your retirement and health benefits are also better than most people. Stop crying!

They get better benefits then retired military who when they were doing their jobs on active duty , alot were in war or some sort of conflict.. yeah , some areas are harder because of their location but in general schools are safe

Really?

What benefits do they get?

I am prepared to be amazed

Last edited:

OK, hardass, would you like a tour? I can set it all up for you. Bring a change of underware so you can clean up after you shit your pants, but you're probably too big of a fuckin' pussy to accept. And to show how goddamned stupid YOU are, today's inmates are tomorrow's NEIGHBORS! You want them back on the streets costing YOU taxpayer money, ending up back in prison, or out working AND paying taxes? Do you know ANYTHING about the correlation between education and staying OUT of prison? Thought not. So fuck you motherfucker, motherfuckin' useless redneck know it all pussy!

And you salary comes from where? Other people's paychecks as they pay for whatever goods or services your business provides.

That's often times the difference when it comes to govt salaries, money is given yet no goods or services recieved by those paying.

A government that's too large does seem to cause lots of problems. Look at what happened to Greece and their huge amount of civil servants. They didn't act in time and look at the state of their country. As painful as these measures are, hopefully they'll have some benefits down the road.

Ya, lets just write off all convicted felons, great idea! Now I understand why so many feel the need to stock up on guns and ammo.

fucking scary how some of you think. I can imagine a job teaching at a jail can be quite rewarding from time to time. Who knows how a teacher in that environment can change a persons life.

By God, a true Christian attitude.

And you salary comes from where? Other people's paychecks as they pay for whatever goods or services your business provides.

That's often times the difference when it comes to govt salaries, money is given yet no goods or services recieved by those paying.

Given your posting, I bet that is like dealing with you.

Ya, lets just write off all convicted felons, great idea! Now I understand why so many feel the need to stock up on guns and ammo.

fucking scary how some of you think. I can imagine a job teaching at a jail can be quite rewarding from time to time. Who knows how a teacher in that environment can change a persons life.

If you look at the recidivism rates, almost not at all, so like I said a waste of money first off, and secondly a priviledge that should not be extended to people being punished. What part of prison is a punishment for those who have proven they cannot abide by a civilized nation's laws don't you people understand. Bad enough the tax payer has to spend billions of dollars defending them, prosecuting them, feeding them, clothing them, giving them medical/dental care, now you think as a FURTHER reward for them breaking the law we should provide with them a free education, a priviledge that is ALREADY OFFERED ON THE OUTSIDE, that they didn't take advantage of once before? Sorry, no. They are not there to better themselves, they are there to be punished for their crimes. I wouldn't even offer them anything but the most basic of medical care, bandaids and tylenol, and absolutely no dental care at all. I mean we don't offer law abiding citizens free dental and medical, we don't even offer free dental through medicare and these people worked for it. Screw em, 12hrs hard labor a day, the minimum amount of food to keep them alive and working, no TV's, no snacks, no phone calls, no amnenties at all. Make prison a place they fear to go to and we may then see less youngsters so eager to risk going there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back