Nearly 20 percent of Trump’s supporters disapprove of Lincoln freeing the slaves

Democrats doing what they always do. lie and smear the other people because they don't have a record that the people want from them. they kicked that party out of control of Congress under that liar Democrat President. so they know they need to resort back to dirty politics.
notice the republican dominated congress has a 13 % approval rating,,,,the country is saying .."you republicans stink""

Notice 52% of dems wish they had another candidate? How sad is that? Over half want a new candidate
13% congress approval for repubs obama wins election by 5 million and counting on hillary winning the next 2 elections that'll give Dems 7 of the last 8 country wide elections.....I'll play those cards

With that kind of math, me thinks you are a election official in a pure blue district.

Eddie dreams a lot, he keeps forgetting (or ignoring) what happened in the last two mid terms, they were ugly for the democraps
next time we'll be out voting and your senate lead could fall too ,,,,,you have clowns repping your party

notice the republican dominated congress has a 13 % approval rating,,,,the country is saying .."you republicans stink""

Notice 52% of dems wish they had another candidate? How sad is that? Over half want a new candidate
13% congress approval for repubs obama wins election by 5 million and counting on hillary winning the next 2 elections that'll give Dems 7 of the last 8 country wide elections.....I'll play those cards

With that kind of math, me thinks you are a election official in a pure blue district.

Eddie dreams a lot, he keeps forgetting (or ignoring) what happened in the last two mid terms, they were ugly for the democraps
next time we'll be out voting and your senate lead could fall too ,,,,,you have clowns repping your party

The enthusiasm edge goes to the republicans, eddie. Are you not paying attention?

The enthusiasm edge goes to the republicans, eddie. Are you not paying attention?
remains to be seen ,,,,,wait till it narrows down to one candidate on each side ,,,hill can make any of your candidates look like fools ...imho

Those respondents did not agree with President's issuing 'executive orders'. Period.
That polling company is well known for having their people stand on corners and 'profiling' the people they ask carefully worded questions to.
Give me the 'results' you want to any poll and I'll design one that you can show to the press 'proving' your position.
That's exactly what the tobacco companies used to do.
I can send out a few people with clipboards and a list of carefully crafted 'leading' questions' and 'profile'
a hundred young women who are all morbidly obese and come up with 'proof' that 'young women' rarely go to 'Spring Break' beach parties which 'disproves 'the myth that young girls 'all' go to Spring Break' beach parties.
I bet 98% of the respondents didn't know what the 'Emancipation Proclamation' is. The other two percent thought it was something to do with women getting the vote.

You notice the left all goes to the same site's to get their nonsense? It's no wonder they have no clue what is the truth when it comes to politics.

the vox has pox all over it for lying for starters

I do enjoy the sweeter ironies in life. Too funny.

remains to be seen ,,,,,wait till it narrows down to one candidate on each side ,,,hill can make any of your candidates look like fools ...imho

LOL She's a crook....that speaks volumes about you

How's she going to do that? Barking like a dog? Running on her Benghazi record? Claiming sniper fire when there isn't any? What the left thinks is so great about Mrs. Bosnia Clinton is a puzzle. I think the love affair has more to do with how much Mrs. Clinton's lies are hated by the right. Nothing the left likes better then to force people to accept their will, the more resistance the better.

Lincoln freed the slaves?
More victims of Bibliophobia spotted at Vox and NYT.

Lincoln was shot April 14th, 1865 and died on April 15th.

The 13th amendment which freed the slaves wasn't ratified until December 6, 1865.
America's Historical Documents

The Emancipation Proclamation didn’t actually free all of the slaves.
Since Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation as a military measure, it didn’t apply to border slave states like Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky and Missouri, all of which had remained loyal to the Union. Lincoln also exempted selected areas of the Confederacy that had already come under Union control in hopes of gaining the loyalty of whites in those states. In practice, then, the Emancipation Proclamation didn’t immediately free a single slave, as the only places it applied were places where the federal government had no control—the Southern states currently fighting against the Union.

5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation - History in the Headlines

they prefer to live in denial. like they are still the one for all the people in this country.

Damn it! Who found this out. I was hoping Donald could sercetly bring back slavery. I know we have an amendment that says we can't but because that is an originalist interpretation we are allowed to change that interpretation into something else. It now reads that Barrack Obama will be put in chains.

Democrats doing what they always do. lie and smear the other people because they don't have a record that the people want from them. they kicked that party out of control of Congress under that liar Democrat President. so they know they need to resort back to dirty politics.

Steph,

Did you know that Obama is the first POTUS to win 2 elections with more than 51% of the vote since Eisenhower?
View attachment 64849

View attachment 64851

She may not have known because it isn't really true. 1980 55 percent 1984 59 percent. The electorial college was even more tilted.

Free,

Before you dab on the rut spray, check on the TOTAL POPULAR VOTE PERCENTAGES (hint: there was a Third Party candidate in 1980), and then get back to me....

Just post the numbers, we'll decide if they are greater than 51......

As "Miss Vito" so articulately stated it in "My Cousin Vinny," "it's a bullshit question."

Lincoln did not free any slaves. To the extent that a "proclamation" has any legal import whatsoever - which is extremely doubtful - he had no authority and was prohibited from doing anything of the sort by the Fifth Amendment. The Emancipation Proclamation was pure propaganda, intended to mobilize any slaves to fight against their masters, and to curry favor with European supporters - mainly the British. It had no legal effect.

The Thirteenth Amendment freed the slaves.

Lincoln freed the slaves?
More victims of Bibliophobia spotted at Vox and NYT.

Lincoln was shot April 14th, 1865 and died on April 15th.

The 13th amendment which freed the slaves wasn't ratified until December 6, 1865.
America's Historical Documents

The Emancipation Proclamation didn’t actually free all of the slaves.
Since Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation as a military measure, it didn’t apply to border slave states like Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky and Missouri, all of which had remained loyal to the Union. Lincoln also exempted selected areas of the Confederacy that had already come under Union control in hopes of gaining the loyalty of whites in those states. In practice, then, the Emancipation Proclamation didn’t immediately free a single slave, as the only places it applied were places where the federal government had no control—the Southern states currently fighting against the Union.

5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation - History in the Headlines
Wow....color me impressed.......not.

As with any political change....it is always a struggle against the status quo. It takes time to change minds.

The poll simply points out how the left have destroyed the education system.

In the same Economist /YouGov poll:

15% of American Hispanics agree with those racist Trump supporters: The Emancipation Proclamation was a bad idea. A quarter of Hispanics are not sure.

32% of American blacks back President Franklin Roosevelt’s decision to round up Japanese-Americans and put them in camps during World War II. According to The New York Times analysis of the poll results, that is almost exactly the same percentage as among Trump voters.

More than 30% of those UNDER 30 are not sure that President Harry Truman’s 1948 executive order desegregating the U.S. military was a good idea. 15% are sure it wasn’t. (Incidentally, those who were around back then, the 65 and up crowd, are significantly more likely applaud Truman’s desegregation order than kids today.)

43% of likely Democratic primary voters, a very liberal slice of America, approve of President George W. Bush’s pro-torture executive order after 9/11.

So, are America’s Hispanics nearly as racist as Trump supporters? Do a third of African-Americans have it in for their Asian countrymen? Are kids raised in the 1980s and later more resistant to desegregation than Americans born when Jim Crow was a thing? Do liberals love waterboarding?

Uh, no.

Here’s something that might put things in perspective: If you dig deep into the confusing Economist/YouGov online poll, you find that only 71% of American blacks approve of the Emancipation Proclamation. Five percent definitely disapprove of Lincoln’s action and 24% just aren’t sure.

The emancipation proclamation was nothing but a military order that freed captured black slaves who fell into the hands of northern armies. I believe it only applied to those in custody but the question is why would a northern army think it could capture and then own its captive like they were cattle? It doesn't seem like the north really had any better intentions than the south had in regards to slavery.

Forum List

Back