Nelson Mandela dead

Holy shit bat man you don't know what the acronym for the TEA party is? Talk about delusional

You are apparently ignorant of the origins of the modern tea party and it was never chosen for that acronym, but such is your brainwashed state you believe that to be the case.

OH so you know the origin of the Tax Enough Already party, but didn't know that the acronym Tax Enough Already is TEA.
So when did the TEA party start? OH and it didn't start under obama running for president.

Your fallacious allegation notwithstanding the tea party originated as an attempt to draft Ron Paul as a candidate for president. It was entirely unfunded and comprised primarily of disaffected Republicans who did not like the GOP's choice. After Obama was elected it was co-opted by the Freedom Works Foundation with Koch Brothers funding for the express purpose of presenting a bogus "united opposition" to the ACA. Freedom Works organized and funded the current iteration of the Tea Party until it morphed into the out of control rabble who tried to destroy the economy and the credit rating of the nation.

Mandela was Africa’s fatherly figure, Zimbabweans say

News24 (Capetown, South Africa) - 2013-12-07 17:11

Cape Town – Zimbabweans have expressed their sadness over the death of former president Nelson Mandela, saying the struggle icon was “not just a South African leader, but one for the continent as a whole”, a report says.

SABC said Mandela only visited Zimbabwe three times after his release from prison, but continued to inspire the people of that country.

Mandela, died on Thursday 5 December at his Houghton house in Johannesburg.

Some Zimbabweans said had it not been for Mandels’s incomparable will to forgive and reconcile as well as his unyielding resolve, South Africa could have been “a harsh place to live”, adding he was Africa’s fatherly figure, the report said.

Mandela was Africa?s fatherly figure, Zimbabweans say | News24

=======================================

A little feedback from neighboring countries, demonstrating that Mandela is perceived as a Guiding Personality elsewhere on the continent, beyond South Africa.

Last edited:
World leaders react to the passing of Mandela - Africa - Al Jazeera English

The Dalai Lama
"In his death the world has lost a great leader, whose steadfast and unflinching determination played a key role in securing peace and reconciliation during South Africa’s transition from apartheid rule. Under his leadership South Africa was transformed through peaceful means, in the spirit of reconciliation.

"He was a man of courage, principle and unquestionable integrity, a great human being, someone of whom we can truly say, 'He lived a meaningful life.' I pray for him and offer my heartfelt condolences to you, the members of your family and the entire people of South Africa."

Myanmar pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi
"I would like to express my extreme grief at the passing away of a man who stood for human rights and for equality in this world. He made us all understand that nobody should be penalised for the colour of his skin, for the circumstances into which he is born.

"He also made us understand that we can change the world. We can change the world by changing attitudes, by changing perceptions. For this reason I would like to pay him tribute as a great human being who raised the standard of humanity."

British PM David Cameron
"A great light has gone out in the world. Nelson Mandela was a hero of our time."

Israeli President Shimon Peres
"One man united an entire world, one man changed an entire world, one man with a moral force has shown that he is stronger than all armies, stronger than all forces. We shall remember him with love and appreciation and we shall not forget his personality because we need it to guide our lives in the future."

Kofi Annan, former United Nations Secretary-General
"The world has lost a visionary leader, a courageous voice for justice, and a clear moral compass. By showing us that the path to freedom and human dignity lies in love, wisdom and compassion for one another, Nelson Mandela stands as an inspiration to us all.

"I shall never forget his expansive smile and gentle demeanour, nor his steely determination and wonderful sense of humour. I have lost a dear friend. While I mourn the loss of one of Africa’s most distinguished leaders, Madiba's legacy beckons us to follow his example to strive for human rights, reconciliation and justice for all."

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
"A giant among men has passed away. This is as much India's loss as South Africa's. He was a true Gandhian," Singh's office said on Twitter after the news of Mandela's death."His life and work will remain a source of eternal inspiration for generations to come. I join all those who are praying for his soul."

You are apparently ignorant of the origins of the modern tea party and it was never chosen for that acronym, but such is your brainwashed state you believe that to be the case.

OH so you know the origin of the Tax Enough Already party, but didn't know that the acronym Tax Enough Already is TEA.
So when did the TEA party start? OH and it didn't start under obama running for president.

Your fallacious allegation notwithstanding the tea party originated as an attempt to draft Ron Paul as a candidate for president. It was entirely unfunded and comprised primarily of disaffected Republicans who did not like the GOP's choice. After Obama was elected it was co-opted by the Freedom Works Foundation with Koch Brothers funding for the express purpose of presenting a bogus "united opposition" to the ACA. Freedom Works organized and funded the current iteration of the Tea Party until it morphed into the out of control rabble who tried to destroy the economy and the credit rating of the nation.

You are a very delusional person
George W. Bush: He Gave Rise to the Tea Party - NationalJournal.com
It's Tea Party vs. Bush and Obama - CNN.com
The Tea Party movement was born out of a rebellion against one of President Bush's signature policies: TARP, the bailout for Wall Street investment banks. Tea Party activists have been extremely critical of the willingness of Republicans to turn to the federal government to solve some domestic problems.
SEEK HELP.

Canada's truth commission learned from Mandela, says head

Justice Murray Sinclair notes similarities between apartheid and residential school experience

CBC News Posted: Dec 07, 2013 4:00 AM CT Last Updated: Dec 06, 2013 10:26 PM CT

image.jpg

TRC's Murray Sinclair reflects on Nelson Mandela's legacy

Aboriginal Canadians have shared in the struggles Nelson Mandela faced in his fight for racial equality, says the head of Canada's Truth and Reconciliation Commission.

Manitoba Justice Murray Sinclair, whose commission is compiling a national record of the Indian residential school era, says the anti-apartheid leader understood what aboriginal people suffered in that chapter of Canada's history.

"He was certainly an elder … a wise and kind man who brought with his presence to this country an understanding of what it was that aboriginal people in this country were experiencing and had experienced in the past," Sinclair told CBC News on Friday.

Canada, South Africa both have truth commissions

Mandela helped establish the Truth and Reconciliation Commission, which sought to record human rights violations from all sides of the apartheid struggle, but also had the power to grant amnesty to those who committed abuses.

The Canadian government created its own Truth and Reconciliation Commission in 2008 as part of a major settlement agreement with former residential school students.

We learned a great deal from the South African commission in terms of how to engage with survivors of atrocities, how to provide support to them in the course of their testimony, how to ensure that their sense of story was validated, and how to ensure that they understood the importance of not only truth-telling, but the importance of making a contribution to reconciliation," Sinclair said.

The commissioner said there are similarities between Mandela's struggle during South Africa's apartheid era and the struggles of many Canadians who were impacted by the residential school system.

It's a point that was echoed by Mary Courchene, an aboriginal elder in Manitoba.

"Nelson Mandela was incarcerated for 27 years. The aboriginal people were incarcerated for 147 years in the same kinds of institutions and residential schools, not for what they did, but for who they were: aboriginal people," she said.

Sinclair said he aims to emulate the kind of reconciliation Mandela articulated in his words and modelled in his actions.

Canada's truth commission learned from Mandela, says head - Manitoba - CBC News

======================================

And some feedback on Mandela being the example and inspiration for 'Reconciliation' work, and a forward-looking mindset amongst the oppressed or descendants of the oppressed, in neighboring Canada...

I vaguely remember that Mandela had visited the UK (and London) at least once in a State capacity during the 1990s...

news_01.jpg

...but I was not aware (or I had forgotten) that the Brits had dedicated a statue to the fellow back in 2007; according it a place of honor in Parliament Square, six years ago...

mandela-statue-uk_2757814b.jpg

...at least, not until I went digging for a bit of fresh reading material on the fellow yesterday.

The BBC is carrying a nice range of summary-quotes from across the world, in tribute to Nelson Mandela...

BBC News - Nelson Mandela death: World reaction

A couple of excerpts...

Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said: "This is as much India's loss as South Africa's. He was a true Gandhian. His life and work will remain a source of eternal inspiration for generations to come.''

South African ex-President FW de Klerk, who freed Mr Mandela from prison in 1990 and shared the Nobel Peace Prize with him in 1993, said: "Tata, we shall miss you - but know that your spirit and example will always be there to guide us to the vision of a better and more just South Africa."

"We will remember him as a man of uncommon grace and compassion, for whom abandoning bitterness and embracing adversaries was not just a political strategy but a way of life," said former US President Bill Clinton.

_71567206_fad43c9c-8880-41c8-9e80-a0fb85442875.jpg

Bill Clinton visited Mandela's former prison cell on Robben Island in 1998

From the Vatican, Pope Francis paid tribute "to the steadfast commitment shown by Nelson Mandela in promoting the human dignity of all the nation's citizens and in forging a new South Africa".

"It's not just what he did but the way he did it that makes him so special," said former British Prime Minister Tony Blair. "He did it with a grace and a dignity that I think really inspired people everywhere."

French President Francois Hollande said Mr Mandela's message would "continue to inspire fighters for freedom, and to give confidence to peoples in the defence of just causes and universal rights"

Germany's Angela Merkel said Mr Mandela's "political legacy of non-violence and the condemnation of all forms of racism" would continue to inspire.

For the Palestinian Authority leader, Mahmud Abbas, Mr Mandela was "a symbol of the liberation from colonialism and occupation". Mr Abbas added that "the Palestinian people will never forget his historic statement that the South African revolution will not have achieved its goals as long as the Palestinians are not free".

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu described Nelson Mandela as "the most honourable figures of our time". He added: "He was the father of his people, a man of vision, a freedom fighter who rejected violence. He set a personal example for his people in the long years he spent in prison."

Queen Elizabeth II, who met Mr Mandela on several occasions, said in a statement she was deeply saddened to learn of his death and remembered their meetings with great warmth.

The Tea Party movement was born out of a rebellion against one of President Bush's signature policies: TARP, the bailout for Wall Street investment banks. Tea Party activists have been extremely critical of the willingness of Republicans to turn to the federal government to solve some domestic problems.
SEEK HELP.

Thank you for confirming that you have been brainwashed by the Koch brothers.

SEEK HELP.

So CNN has connection with the koch brothers? really I suggested that you seek help for that delusion you have.

Whenever I see someone insulting a person like Mandela, or yes - Obama. Not that they're on the same playing field BUT look what they have each accomplished in their lives. And you're going to sit there and claim that either they didn't do shit or worse, they did damage?

What have YOU done? Seriously. Tell me where you have room to talk, because you have accomplished such great things in your life.

Or, you know. Just STFU.

From very humble backgrounds both Stalin and Hitler accomplished great things, reached the top in their respective countries. But do you know what? I prefer every poster here to either of them.

Godwin's Law destroys what few shreds of credibility Peterf had left.

Oh dear Mini! So you prefer Hitler and Stalin to your fellow posters. Sad but not, I suppose, surprising.

Ernie let's not kill this wonderful warm fuzzy feeling thread about a communist.
You know the good kind of communist.

A good kind of Communist who establishes a democracy when given the chance

Well, we could say - being kind to the late Mr Mandela - "who attempted to establish democracy but failed".

Democracy is not easy. It often takes generations to take hold

If he is a communist, why didn't he establish a communist stronghold when given the chance? Neighboring Angola did

From murderer to martyr. Yup, outstanding PR campaign.

Ernie let's not kill this wonderful warm fuzzy feeling thread about a communist.
You know the good kind of communist.

A good kind of Communist who establishes a democracy when given the chance

Are things better in South Africa because of mandela?

SABC News.com - SA debt increases:Wednesday 30 January 2013

SAIRR laments high rate of unemployment
SABC News.com - SAIRR laments high rate of unemployment :Sunday 11 November 2012

SABC News.com - Agricultural sector shedding 30 000 jobs a year:Thursday 7 February 2013

From very humble backgrounds both Stalin and Hitler accomplished great things, reached the top in their respective countries. But do you know what? I prefer every poster here to either of them.

Oh dear Mini! So you prefer Hitler and Stalin to your fellow posters. Sad but not, I suppose, surprising.

The same comment was made about me. :lol:

So CNN has connection with the koch brothers? really I suggested that you seek help for that delusion you have.

TARP occurred in late 2008!

Almost an entire year earlier in December in 2007 Ron Paul staged the 1st Tea Party event.

Nationwide Tax Protests: Party Like It?s 2007

As activists across the country hold national tea parties today, April 15, 2009, Campaign for Liberty president John Tate issued the following statement:

“The concept of the modern day Tea Party began on December 16, 2007 when supporters of Ron Paul’s presidential campaign came together and raised over $6 million online in one day. The tremendous success of that event led activists in the freedom movement and members of the Campaign for Liberty to begin planning today’s Tax Day Tea Parties.

“Success always brings company, and it is very positive that so many conservatives, libertarians, Republicans, constitutionalists and even progressives have come together and joined our efforts. All Americans who are sincere about cutting out of control government spending are welcome to stand with Dr. Paul and the Campaign for Liberty as we fight to take our country back.”

The FACTS prove that you are both gullible and brainwashed.

So after destroying your own credibility you resort to lying about others! The term pathetic springs to mind!

Forum List

Back