Neo-Confederate libertarians are not conservatives.

I think Lincoln was one of the greatest presidents we ever had. He was a true republican. Republicans were and are the abolitionist party.

Lincoln wasn't an abolitionist. :lol:

Nor were abolitionists even a strong enough demographic for politicians to pander to in the first place. Genuine abolitionists were few and far between.

He was. How do I know? Because he was a republican you fucking dummy! He didn't want to start a war over it! He didn't have to ether because the confederate democrats did it anyway.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races; I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people. I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race." - Abraham Lincoln, the great abolitionist

Nor were abolitionists even a strong enough demographic for politicians to pander to in the first place. Genuine abolitionists were few and far between.

He was. How do I know? Because he was a republican you fucking dummy! He didn't want to start a war over it! He didn't have to ether because the confederate democrats did it anyway.

You're such a flaming retard. Lincoln wasn't an abolitionist, Corky. Go back to convenience store package ingredient pronunciation.

:lmao:

The only retard is you right now.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races; I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people. I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race." - Abraham Lincoln, the great abolitionist

Oh you assume that because he like all white people back then were ignorant of what a black man could do he wasn't a abolitionist? Hey stupid fuck what was it that they wanted to abolish again?

Not to fret too much, but that doesn't really give credit to Lincoln not being an abolitionist. As that is about ending slavery. Not necessarily the equal treatment as the black man as an equal.

This however, goes to show his true worry and the reason for the Northern aggression.

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause." Abraham the Abolitionist Lincoln

Not to fret too much, but that doesn't really give credit to Lincoln not being an abolitionist. As that is about ending slavery. Not necessarily the equal treatment as the black man as an equal.

This however, goes to show his true worry and the reason for the Northern aggression.

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause." Abraham the Abolitionist Lincoln
So you think because he wanted to hold the union together foremost he wasn't a abolitionist? You as ignorant as Kevin. Facts speak for themselves. HE DID FREE THEM in spite of people like you who wouldn't have cared if there were slaves as long as you didn't get taxed for it.

He wasn't an abolitionist. He didnt care one way or the other, Corky. If he had his way, he would have shipped them all back to Africa.

Although, I do find it telling that you adore one of the most tyrannical figures in American history.

So are we gonna get any names or quotes of these slavery pushing Libertarians?

N. It's all being done under the guise of state rights. Cork is saying that they don't come out and say they are proslavery libertarians ( :lmao: ) . Instead, he relies on his omniscient existence to detect these Neo-conderate libertarians.

He's also got a CB radio down at the convenience store where he can don tin foil as a hat and pinpoint their locations in the country.

I had the suspicion he was a republicrat statist douche, this thread confirms it.

He wasn't an abolitionist. He didnt care one way or the other, Corky. If he had his way, he would have shipped them all back to Africa.

Although, I do find it telling that you adore one of the most tyrannical figures in American history.

Just because you said so? Hey dummy who freed slaves again?

So are we gonna get any names or quotes of these slavery pushing Libertarians?

N. It's all being done under the guise of state rights. Cork is saying that they don't come out and say they are proslavery libertarians ( :lmao: ) . Instead, he relies on his omniscient existence to detect these Neo-conderate libertarians.

He's also got a CB radio down at the convenience store where he can don tin foil as a hat and pinpoint their locations in the country.

I had the suspicion he was a republicrat statist douche, this thread confirms it.

I Am a what? You are calling me democrat like? LMAO from a libertarian who likes likes all the things democrats do just doesn't want to be taxed? LMAO

So you think because he wanted to hold the union together foremost he wasn't a abolitionist? You as ignorant as Kevin. Facts speak for themselves. HE DID FREE THEM in spite of people like you who wouldn't have cared if there were slaves as long as you didn't get taxed for it.

No, he actually didn't free them. The Emancipation proclamation didn't free a single slave.

Just because you said so? Hey dummy who freed slaves again?

Not says me, you ignorant fuck. Says history. Here, let me help you by doing your work for you (presumably the reason you're still a convenience store clerk).

5 Things You May Not Know About Lincoln, Slavery and Emancipation ? History in the Headlines

1. Lincoln wasn’t an abolitionist.
Lincoln did believe that slavery was morally wrong, but there was one big problem: It was sanctioned by the highest law in the land, the Constitution. The nation’s founding fathers, who also struggled with how to address slavery, did not explicitly write the word “slavery” in the Constitution, but they did include key clauses protecting the institution, including a fugitive slave clause and the three-fifths clause, which allowed Southern states to count slaves for the purposes of representation in the federal government. In a three-hour speech in Peoria, Illinois, in the fall of 1854, Lincoln presented more clearly than ever his moral, legal and economic opposition to slavery—and then admitted he didn’t know exactly what should be done about it within the current political system.

Abolitionists, by contrast, knew exactly what should be done about it: Slavery should be immediately abolished, and freed slaves should be incorporated as equal members of society. They didn’t care about working within the existing political system, or under the Constitution, which they saw as unjustly protecting slavery and slave owners. Leading abolitionist William Lloyd Garrison called the Constitution “a covenant with death and an agreement with Hell,” and went so far as to burn a copy at a Massachusetts rally in 1854. Though Lincoln saw himself as working alongside the abolitionists on behalf of a common anti-slavery cause, he did not count himself among them. Only with emancipation, and with his support of the eventual 13th Amendment, would Lincoln finally win over the most committed abolitionists.

Lincoln and Abolitionism | The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History

In fact, Lincoln was always keenly aware that slavery, though morally wrong in his eyes, was sanctioned by law, and he frequently acknowledged that the rights of slave owners, both to retain their slaves and to have fugitive slaves returned, were clearly guaranteed in the Constitution. Before the outbreak of civil war, he advocated nothing that would directly challenge those rights. This position sharply distinguished him from abolitionists, many of whom were actively involved in supporting runaway slaves, and all of whom viewed the returning of fugitive slaves as unconscionable, whatever the Constitution might dictate. The most radical abolitionists openly denounced the Constitution for its protection of slavery and repudiated its authority.

Shall I go on, Cork?

Lincoln was a lifelong opponent of slavery as was his father. He favored schemes of compensated emancipation and sponsored an effort to achieve it in the border states in 1862. It was the failure of that project that directly led to the Emancipation Proclamation. Prior to this event, Lincoln had scrupulously opposed slavery in the territories, but said he would not touch it where it then existed. He was bound in his mind by the bargain made by the founding fathers in supporting a fugitive slave law. He sponsored legislation to abolish the slave trade in the District. All of this left him short of the abolition movement. So you are correct to not count him as an abolitionist, until 1862. Thereafter he was adamant that emancipation be made irreversible.

Lincoln believed that America would never be able to fully integrate black citizens into its social and economic fabric. Colonization was his preferred solution, at least until 1865. By some definitions of racism this made him a racist and by other definitions it does not. But if abolitionists were rare in the North, believers in racial equality were even rarer (although they did exist). Most Republicans evolved over time, as did Lincoln, so dating when someone said something is important. Lincoln's attraction to colonization owed a lot more to what he had seen of white behavior than it did about any underlying issues of equality.

Peace, Jamie

Actually he didn't. Lincoln was assassinated on April 14, 1865, whereas the Thirteenth Amendment didn't go into effect until December. Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation "freed" only the slaves in the Confederate states, and did not free the slaves in the five border states that remained in the Union. In other words, it didn't free a single slave. He got the ball rolling, but he didn't do it.

True, but it does show his general feelings towards African-Americans. His support for his home state of Illinois not allowing African-Americans to immigrate into the state is also very telling.

A question for Thanatos: Can you name one other policy of Lincoln's that does not relate to slavery? You seem to think that the Emancipation Proclamation is the only thing he did in office.

The federal government is not some omnisicent, all knowing, all encompassing entity of demi-god stature. If the southern states wanted to secede from a voluntary union (oxymoron, since there is no union without voluntary), then that is their right. You rejects talk about how slavery is so evil and bad and then want to enslave entire states into a forced union with a central authority.

You turds are morons of the highest order.

The Southern States should only have been allowed to seceded if EVERYONE got a vote on the issue, including the slaves.

That was the point. they seceeded because they knew that eventually, Congress would vote to Abolish Slavery, and the elites wouldn't have their position anymore.

Again, the worst thing we did after the Civil War was not completely demonize the traitors, Nuremburg Style.

Without a war, slavery would have collapsed by no later than 1875.

Of course, a simpler way to avoid a war would have been to buy all slaves and declare them free.

The rest of your post is your usual hysterical idiocy, not worth replying to.

Forum List

Back