Neo-Confederate libertarians are not conservatives.

Hey, Everyone, Look at Me: I?m Against Slavery! | Tom Woods

And that's the perfect summation of the libertarian position regarding the Confederacy.

The ass_natos knew that. he is jjust a miserable scumbag troll.

I never said all libertarians are Confederates just the ones who really are democrats

Well you've recently referred to me as a Democrat, and yet I just pointed out that there is no logic behind accusing libertarians of "supporting" the Confederacy.

Hey, heard Walmart's handing our Obama-Phones today. Better hurry. Off ya go now.

Since you're a big Ron Paul fan, did you catch "60 Minutes" segment on members of Congress who pay their families big salaries to work on their campaigns? Ron Paul has six family members on his PAC payroll, more than any other congressman. How do you like him now?

"60 Minutes" probes Washington's profitable leadership PACs - CBS News Video

Is it illegal?

No?

Big salaries? How big, Dullard?

Oh, well. Thanks for that useless new nugget about a former congressman.

Cronyism is not a symptom of a poor political philosophy - just poor politicians.

The federal government is not some omnisicent, all knowing, all encompassing entity of demi-god stature. If the southern states wanted to secede from a voluntary union (oxymoron, since there is no union without voluntary), then that is their right. You rejects talk about how slavery is so evil and bad and then want to enslave entire states into a forced union with a central authority.

You turds are morons of the highest order.

The Southern States should only have been allowed to seceded if EVERYONE got a vote on the issue, including the slaves.

That was the point. they seceeded because they knew that eventually, Congress would vote to Abolish Slavery, and the elites wouldn't have their position anymore.

Again, the worst thing we did after the Civil War was not completely demonize the traitors, Nuremburg Style.

Retarded post of the day. It's still early though.

Then the British were right in 1776. How many slaves got a vote on independence?

There is a reason no one has ever done it.
Heck someone has had the courage to try just about every form of government that we've been able to conceive - EXDCEPT Libertarianism.
No one has ever been stupid enough to try that.

Wonder why?

Because it works so good ?????????????

No one has ever done what? What is this "it" that you are talking about like we are all supposed to know what you mean.

Re-read all the posts you quoted - it'll come to you.
IOW you got nothing. You said "it" because you don't even know what "it" is.

The one showing stupidity right now is you.

Hey, heard Walmart's handing our Obama-Phones today. Better hurry. Off ya go now.

Since you're a big Ron Paul fan, did you catch "60 Minutes" segment on members of Congress who pay their families big salaries to work on their campaigns? Ron Paul has six family members on his PAC payroll, more than any other congressman. How do you like him now?

Ain't that a hitch?

The guy who hates the government so much is getting the whole family involved in profiting from being part of the government they hate so much.

Boy Howdy!

Ain't that a hitch?

The guy who hates the government so much is getting the whole family involved in profiting from being part of the government they hate so much.

Boy Howdy!

Nepotism has certainly harmed Ron Paul far more than it's helped over the years. Anyone familiar with his grandson-in-law Jesse Benton can attest to that.

The ass_natos knew that. he is jjust a miserable scumbag troll.

I never said all libertarians are Confederates just the ones who really are democrats

Well you've recently referred to me as a Democrat, and yet I just pointed out that there is no logic behind accusing libertarians of "supporting" the Confederacy.

And yet neo-confederates seem to flock to the Tea Party and to libertarian organizations. There is no question that there are overlapping views that make the groups attractive to neo-confederates.

Quote: Originally Posted by nodoginnafight

There is a reason no one has ever done it.
Heck someone has had the courage to try just about every form of government that we've been able to conceive - EXCEPT Libertarianism.
No one has ever been stupid enough to try that.

Wonder why?

Because it works so good ?????????????

Is the light FINALLY coming on?

And yet neo-confederates seem to flock to the Tea Party and to libertarian organizations. There is no question that there are overlapping views that make the groups attractive to neo-confederates.

Hint: Not liking Abraham Lincoln's policies during the Civil War and believing that secession was perfectly legal does not mean one "supports" the Confederacy.

Hint: Not liking Abraham Lincoln's policies during the Civil War and believing that secession was perfectly legal does not mean one "supports" the Confederacy.

If it promotes numerous positions that support their cause - then yeah, it sure smacks of support. So where do libertarians and neo-confederates diverge?

If it promotes numerous positions that support their cause - then yeah, it sure smacks of support. So where do libertarians and neo-confederates diverge?

I know it's difficult to grasp that one can dislike the policies of both Abraham Lincoln and the Confederate government, but it's possible. You presumably supported the 13 Colonies in their seceding from Great Britain, but do you support everything that they stood for such as slavery? Probably not. It's possible to say that the Colonies, and, by extension, the Confederacy, had the right to secede, but to also say that they enacted plenty of policies you find abhorrent.

I know it's difficult to grasp that one can dislike the policies of both Abraham Lincoln and the Confederate government, but it's possible. You presumably supported the 13 Colonies in their seceding from Great Britain, but do you support everything that they stood for such as slavery? Probably not. It's possible to say that the Colonies, and, by extension, the Confederacy, had the right to secede, but to also say that they enacted plenty of policies you find abhorrent.

Logic is not welcome here. Just stop it.

I know it's difficult to grasp that one can dislike the policies of both Abraham Lincoln and the Confederate government, but it's possible.

Not difficult to grasp at all

I'll repeat my question since you apparently missed it. (Or else preferred a snarky non-answer)

Where do neo-confederates and libertarians diverge? I'm not asking if it is theoretically possible - I'm respectfully asking where it happens.

Last edited:
Slavery as one issue where they diverge. Though, I'm not well versed in what you turds are calling neo-confederates. I doubt that these neo-confederates are pro-slavery.

Obviously no one is obliged to do anything. I would consider it a favor if someone chooses to address it:

Where do libertarians and neo-confederates differ? The cross-pollination between the two groups does make it a legitimate question imho.

Tell you what - I've got a few things to do so I'm gonna bail for a bit and give you a chance to muster up a real response if anyone would care to. I'll check back later.

Have a great day.

I know it's difficult to grasp that one can dislike the policies of both Abraham Lincoln and the Confederate government, but it's possible.

Not difficult to grasp at all

I'll repeat my question since you apparently missed it. (Or else preferred a snarky non-answer)

Where do neo-confederates and libertarians diverge? I'm not asking if it is theoretically possible - I'm respectfully asking where it happens.

For starters, I'm still waiting on an example of a "neo-confederate libertarian." Hard to answer when I don't really know what you're talking about. Regardless, I did answer, since it seems obvious that a "neo-confederate" would support the Confederate States of America. Libertarians, who think that governments are, at best, necessary evils, do not "support" any governments, which would include the Confederacy.

A libertarian would not say, "Oh, I wish the Confederacy were still around." We might say that we think that the southern states had the right to secede and form their own government if they wanted to do so, but we have no attachment to that government.

Obviously no one is obliged to do anything. I would consider it a favor if someone chooses to address it:

Where do libertarians and neo-confederates differ? The cross-pollination between the two groups does make it a legitimate question imho.

Tell you what - I've got a few things to do so I'm gonna bail for a bit and give you a chance to muster up a real response if anyone would care to. I'll check back later.

Have a great day.

I would consider it a favor if you would give us an example of a "neo-confederate libertarian," or at least where you think libertarians and neo-confederates are the same.

I already responded, Dullard. First why dont you lay out the groundwrok of WHAT a neo-condeferate is. Then we'll see where in lies the difference since it is you that is making the assertion that there is cross-pollination between the two "groups".

Forum List

Back