Nevada returns voting privilidges to

It depends on the severity of their crime...we do not want terrorist voting...we do not want anti American felons voting...we do not want child molesters voting...we do not want murderers voting....
Part of our nations deterrent to crime is the loss of your rights...why would we want to change that now?....because Trump won?....please!
If the punishment doesn’t pay their debt to the public, then change the punishment
Part of their debt to society is the loss of their rights.....the right to participate in elections....
To never be fully accepted back into society. And people wonder why recidivism is so high... well... smart people don’t....

This thread took a weird 2nd amendment turn. Sad, there was quite a bit of agreement.

It depends on the severity of their crime...we do not want terrorist voting...we do not want anti American felons voting...we do not want child molesters voting...we do not want murderers voting....
Part of our nations deterrent to crime is the loss of your rights...why would we want to change that now?....because Trump won?....please!

I disagree. It should be based on the nature of the crime, not the severity. The only reason I can see for stripping you of your voting rights would be if you were convicted of voting fraud.
Or if you petitioned a foreign government to sabotage the election so you could become President?

Well... then your punishment is that you have to be President.
Nice. Let me go call
It's not even the loss of a right; it's the loss of a privilege.

And it's a privilege that many people don't take advantage of anyway.

They don't need to vote.

Voting is not a privilege. Some people say that the 2nd amendment protects all of your other rights. Well, voting protects your 2nd amendment rights.
It's a right, eh. Why don't any of the states let three-year-olds vote?

We don't let three year olds own guns either.
Since when?

Quit being purposely obtuse. It's perfectly within your right to buy a gun for your three year old, and say your three your old owns a gun, but he doesn't really own a gun.
you can also vote however a 3 year old tells you to

and those convicted of violence or violent crimes or sexual crimes should just be held in jail for a lifetime .

If the punishment doesn’t pay their debt to the public, then change the punishment
Part of their debt to society is the loss of their rights.....the right to participate in elections....
To never be fully accepted back into society. And people wonder why recidivism is so high... well... smart people don’t....

And people wonder why recidivism is so high... well... smart people don’t....

I remember a saying about a leopard not being able to change it's spots.

well , they change the spots enough so that rulers and officials and authorities let child molesters and other violent criminals out into 'halfway houses' in neighborhoods all throughout the USA .

well , they change the spots enough so that rulers and officials and authorities let child molesters and other violent criminals out into 'halfway houses' in neighborhoods all throughout the USA .

then they need to change the laws.

you can only keep them incarcerated for a set period of time for those crimes.

Like almost all people, I have a serious problems with killers, rapists, scammers, burglars, drug-kingpins and such participating in decisions that affect this country. Nothing good can happen from an activity that includes our society's most anti-social scumbags. That's common sense even a small child could figure out.

then they need to change the laws.

you can only keep them incarcerated for a set period of time for those crimes.
------------------------------- change the laws , ok with me , but the 'government' won't . Violent crims remain jailed for life and thats it . Nonviolent Felons and those that have served their time are let out and get ALL their American RIGHT returned 'Will

And people wonder why recidivism is so high... well... smart people don’t....

I remember a saying about a leopard not being able to change it's spots.
Humans aren’t leopards and a leopards spots aren’t choices, or acts. So it’s pretty much an irrelevant analogy...

Personally, I'm for it.

they did their time, they should get their rights back.

unlike the silliness of Bernie, wanting them to be allowed to vote while incarcerated.
To me, if you served your time, you should be allowed to vote

However, violent felons should not be allowed to buy guns

Good move. But still a far cry from full rights restoration upon completion of sentence... But good move none the less...
Fuck full restoration. I don't want a murderer with gun rights out on the street.

As for voting rights on ex-felons... Meh... I don't particularly like the idea about it, but I'll wait to see any significant influence before building a stance for or against it.

Minimum Age to Purchase & Possess in Florida | Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Florida generally prohibits a person under age 18 from possessing a firearm.4 However, this prohibition does not apply to unloaded firearms in the minor’s home.5 It also does not apply if the minor is:

• Engaged in a lawful hunting activity and is at least age 16 or, if under age 16, is supervised by an adult;
  • Engaged in a lawful marksmanship competition or practice or other lawful recreational shooting activity, and is at least age 16 or, if under age 16, is supervised by an adult who is acting with the consent of the minor’s parent or guardian; or
  • Transporting an unloaded firearm directly to or from one of the aforementioned events.
In other words, minors can own firearms.

If you gave a three year old unfettered access to a firearm you could be charged with a felony, and lose your voting and gun rights. :lol:
Unfettered access.

See how you libtards keep changing the dialogue?

No. Our 2nd amendment has no restriction like adult supervision, so children "owning" guns has absolutely nothing to do with Constitutional rights. It's just a law.
You're clueless. What does the Second Amendment say about children?

The reason why a 3 year old can't vote is because the law says a person has to be at least 18 years old to vote.

Let me know when you get that law changed.

Forum List

Back