Nevada returns voting privilidges to

So long as it was a non violent offence I don't mind. If they allow rapists to vote on womens reproductive rights I think even they would have an issue with that.
Your using a misnomer. The abortion issue has nothing to do with reproductive rights. It’s about the taking of a persons life without due process. A woman is free to breed, or not to breed. But to kill!? That is the question...

Yes, I know. But imagine this. Our country has gone full progressive berserk and a woman is pregnant from a rapist. She wants to bring it to term but the rapist doesn't so he votes for a law that requires the death of babies from rape.

Remember, and this is why i am pro choice (though detest the practice) if the government has the power to tell you you may not have an abortion, it also has the power to tell you you must have an abortion.

well , they change the spots enough so that rulers and officials and authorities let child molesters and other violent criminals out into 'halfway houses' in neighborhoods all throughout the USA .

True, but at least in our state, if a sexual offender is released, he must register in that city he moves into as a sex offender. The city distributes his name, picture, and convicted offenses. He has to live somewhere after all. Plus they cannot live X amount of feet within a school.

Of course if we are going to restore voting rights, why not rescind these laws? After all, they did their time.........right??
------------------------------ violent and peds should stay in prison . Why take a chance of them doing it again Ray ?? Compare a violent pedo to some of the other ways [nonviolent] that a non violent person / felon can lose their gun and other RIGHTS . Let the violent live in prison for 50 years while releasing the non violent with restored RIGHTS RAY .

So long as it was a non violent offence I don't mind. If they allow rapists to vote on womens reproductive rights I think even they would have an issue with that.
Your using a misnomer. The abortion issue has nothing to do with reproductive rights. It’s about the taking of a persons life without due process. A woman is free to breed, or not to breed. But to kill!? That is the question...

Yes, I know. But imagine this. Our country has gone full progressive berserk and a woman is pregnant from a rapist. She wants to bring it to term but the rapist doesn't so he votes for a law that requires the death of babies from rape.

Remember, and this is why i am pro choice (though detest the practice) if the government has the power to tell you you may not have an abortion, it also has the power to tell you you must have an abortion.
No it doesn't. There is no constitutional law that compells, or obligates a citizen to kill another. None.

well , they change the spots enough so that rulers and officials and authorities let child molesters and other violent criminals out into 'halfway houses' in neighborhoods all throughout the USA .

True, but at least in our state, if a sexual offender is released, he must register in that city he moves into as a sex offender. The city distributes his name, picture, and convicted offenses. He has to live somewhere after all. Plus they cannot live X amount of feet within a school.

Of course if we are going to restore voting rights, why not rescind these laws? After all, they did their time.........right??
------------------------------ violent and peds should stay in prison . Why take a chance of them doing it again Ray ?? Compare a violent pedo to some of the other ways [nonviolent] that a non violent person / felon can lose their gun and other RIGHTS . Let the violent live in prison for 50 years while releasing the non violent with restored RIGHTS RAY .

So can you give me some examples of non-violent felons? And don't tell me drug pushers; the people responsible for killing over 70,000 Americans a year.

Good move. But still a far cry from full rights restoration upon completion of sentence... But good move none the less...
Fuck full restoration. I don't want a murderer with gun rights out on the street.

As for voting rights on ex-felons... Meh... I don't particularly like the idea about it, but I'll wait to see any significant influence before building a stance for or against it.
---------------------------- Murderers and pedos and violent types should never gat out of jail while nonviolent felons should get out with ALL RIGHTS restored SILVER B

So can you give me some examples of non-violent felons? And don't tell me drug pushers; the people responsible for killing over 70,000 Americans a year.
The list is legion. Including the one you don't want counted...

It depends on the severity of their crime...we do not want terrorist voting...we do not want anti American felons voting...we do not want child molesters voting...we do not want murderers voting....
Part of our nations deterrent to crime is the loss of your rights...why would we want to change that now?....because Trump won?....please!
If the punishment doesn’t pay their debt to the public, then change the punishment
Part of their debt to society is the loss of their rights.....the right to participate in elections....
To never be fully accepted back into society. And people wonder why recidivism is so high... well... smart people don’t....

Absolutely.

Are our prison systems simply for punishment or to deter future crimes? After all, losing your right to vote for life is a deterrent. What good can be accomplished by taking away that deterrent?

Same goes for getting jobs. Some states are creating laws that stop employers from discrimination of ex-cons. Others are talking about learning a trade while in prison.

If we create a system where all punishment is over for an offender when he leaves prison, is that fair given the fact that their victim is in many cases are tormented for life?
Yes it is fair since it is in the constitution about not over punishing people.

Over punishing people? Very ambiguous. So just what is over punishing people, not letting them vote once they get out? If that's the case, isn't it over punishing people to disallow them self-defense with a firearm?

----------------------------- well its drug users that kill themselves and most of those i have no use for anyway . I'm thinking a nonviolent felon that male and 18 and has sex with his 16 year old girlfriend as an example of felon Ray .

and i don't want incarcerated felons voting from prison cells but when they get out . Well yeah , ALL RIGHTS should be restored .

Any theft over 1000 dollars.

Check Fraud

Copyright infringement

If the punishment doesn’t pay their debt to the public, then change the punishment
Part of their debt to society is the loss of their rights.....the right to participate in elections....
To never be fully accepted back into society. And people wonder why recidivism is so high... well... smart people don’t....

Absolutely.

Are our prison systems simply for punishment or to deter future crimes? After all, losing your right to vote for life is a deterrent. What good can be accomplished by taking away that deterrent?

Same goes for getting jobs. Some states are creating laws that stop employers from discrimination of ex-cons. Others are talking about learning a trade while in prison.

If we create a system where all punishment is over for an offender when he leaves prison, is that fair given the fact that their victim is in many cases are tormented for life?
Yes it is fair since it is in the constitution about not over punishing people.

Over punishing people? Very ambiguous. So just what is over punishing people, not letting them vote once they get out? If that's the case, isn't it over punishing people to disallow them self-defense with a firearm?
Yes. It is.

----------------------------- well its drug users that kill themselves and most of those i have no use for anyway . I'm thinking a nonviolent felon that male and 18 and has sex with his 16 year old girlfriend as an example of felon Ray .

To be totally honest, I never heard such a case. Guys in their 20's, school teachers, perhaps, but not two consenting people at that age.

Drug users get their drugs from sellers, and their sellers are quite aware their customers may kill themselves with what they are selling. I think that is violent.

Then the pesky detail that what constitutes a felony in one jurisdiction, may not even be a crime in another. But the constitutional infringments for the ex-con carry nation wide repercussions.

Check Fraud

Copyright infringement

Very well. So somebody breaks into your home and steals 50K worth of jewelry. You didn't have any theft insurance. After about ten years, the guy gets out of jail and has his voting rights restored. You're okay with that?

To be totally honest, I never heard such a case. Guys in their 20's, school teachers, perhaps, but not two consenting people at that age.

Drug users get their drugs from sellers, and their sellers are quite aware their customers may kill themselves with what they are selling. I think that is violent.
You're wrong. There is nothing "violent" about it. You're just looking for a person to blame, for another person's bad decision. Humans are sentient beings with agency. As such they are more than capable of being held responsible for their own actions.

Check Fraud

Copyright infringement

Very well. So somebody breaks into your home and steals 50K worth of jewelry. You didn't have any theft insurance. After about ten years, the guy gets out of jail and has his voting rights restored. You're okay with that?

Yep, if that is what his sentence was, I am good with it. He paid his debt to society. I think everyone should get their voting rights back after they have done their time.

You're wrong. There is nothing "violent" about it. You're just looking for a person to blame, for another person's bad decision. Humans are sentient beings with agency. As such they are more than capable of being held responsible for their own actions.

So the user that dies is held responsible for his own actions but the person selling illegal narcotics should not? Gotcha.

Check Fraud

Copyright infringement

Yep, if that is what his sentence was, I am good with it. He paid his debt to society. I think everyone should get their voting rights back after they have done their time.

So if somebody murders one of your children, gets out in 15 years on good behavior, you're still fine with them getting all their rights back?

Check Fraud

Copyright infringement

------------------------------------------- if there was NO violence then that means no violence and i am talking ALL RIGHTS should be restored . Voting rights barely mean anything in the USA anymore anyway Ray .

Forum List

Back