Nevada to join National Popular Vote compact

I don't understand why a state would want to be a follower like this.

They don't like the results, so they change the rules.

The decay continues.

Most Americans want to go by the popular vote, the EC has shown some chips in the armor.
Two good solutions....
1) Actually provide the number of EC voters based on the original Constitutional requirement for members of the House....one per 30,000 citizens....don't cap it like the House of Representatives is right now.

2) do like Maine (and I think New Jersey) does....drop "winner takes all" and distribute EC votes based on % votes....i.e. if 40 % vote for candidate A...they get 40% of the EC votes from that state.

I like the first option, the second to me is still an issue as for example Maine I believe is a state that has a disproportionate amount of electoral college votes to say...well, New Jersey so they still have over representation.

They all prove vote totals. If a state didn't, good luck with that, not going to go well for them.
Really? How will it go? Take me through the process.

(this will illustrate the problem quite well)

Each state tallies their votes. The compact states assign their electors to the popular vote winner. If there are not enough states (equal to 270 plus electoral college votes) then the compact is disbanded.

If a state within the compact doesn't provide vote totals and the compact is still over 270 ec votes then they aren't counted. If a non-compact state does not provide vote totals (which never happens?) then I guess they fucked themselves.

Most Americans also want a 0% tax rate. Doesn’t make it right.

I doubt it, prove it.

LOL if you polled most Americans you think they would say we want to pay more taxes? Come on man.

You said 0% taxes. Don't change your argument just because you know you can't win it.

Hyperbole. LOL
You’re such a fool.

Oh, is that what were calling it? OK.

Let's go with your dodge then. Let's pretend you said "Most Americans also want a lower tax rate. Doesn't make it right". Remember that Republic thing you got wrong? Yeah, if we're talking about federal taxes, you don't vote on that. Who does you ask? Your representatives. Get it?

You do get to vote on it. Republicans are generally for lower taxes and Dems for higher taxes. Hence not one Democrat voted for lower taxes.

I doubt it, prove it.

LOL if you polled most Americans you think they would say we want to pay more taxes? Come on man.

You said 0% taxes. Don't change your argument just because you know you can't win it.

Hyperbole. LOL
You’re such a fool.

Let's go with your dodge then. Let's pretend you said "Most Americans also want a lower tax rate. Doesn't make it right". Remember that Republic thing you got wrong? Yeah, if we're talking about federal taxes, you don't vote on that. Who does you ask? Your representatives. Get it?

You do get to vote on it. Republicans are generally for lower taxes and Dems for higher taxes. Hence not one Democrat voted for lower taxes.
Republicans are not for lower taxes.

Hyperbole. LOL
You’re such a fool.

How do you explain the Tax cuts?

Hyperbole. LOL
You’re such a fool.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg: Oh for a moment there I thought you were serious.

Hyperbole. LOL
You’re such a fool.

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg: Oh for a moment there I thought you were serious.

Corporate tax cuts are real. Don’t be an asshole.

Democrats look more idiotic than ever before and that is saying something.
So....it's the Democrats who don't know that this is totally Constitutional?

I didn't say that. Democrats are idiots because they don't see this for what it really is, a way to undermine the Electoral College and allow for more populous states(CA and NY for example) to decide elections, ignoring smaller, less populous states. Add to this the fact that CA is a sanctuary state and in cities like San Francisco, allow illegals to vote in certain local elections, we all see where this is going. Democrats are too stupid to see that this undermines our entire country. They are shortsighted and are only looking for instant gratification and to win the next election. They are destroying the country from within, just like Lincoln foretold.

I didn't say that. Democrats are idiots because they don't see this for what it really is, a way to undermine the Electoral College and allow for more populous states(CA and NY for example) to decide elections, ignoring smaller, less populous states. Add to this the fact that CA is a sanctuary state and in cities like San Francisco, allow illegals to vote in certain local elections, we all see where this is going. Democrats are too stupid to see that this undermines our entire country. They are shortsighted and are only looking for instant gratification and to win the next election. They are destroying the country from within, just like Lincoln foretold.
CA isn't a sanctuary state....why lie like that?

So, Florida's SOS says, "Trump wins."

The compact says, "what are the numbers?"

Florida SOS: "fuck you."

A Florida democrat demands that the SOS provide the totals.

The Florida SOS stonewalls.

The Florida democrat files a lawsuit.

Each Florida county election commissioner files a cross-claim.

There is a preliminary hearing where each commissioner demands the results of each other county.

A huge recount ensues.

The SOS then withdraws certification and refuses to certify the results.

The compact has 270, but no final totals from Florida.

Texas SOS also refuses and the same pattern of events plays out, with Texas' SOS refusing to certify the result.

Who is appointed in the compact to decide what the popular vote should be? Are all members unanimous in the final decision? And, why would they be?

Can we all agree that the EC today is not what the Founders set up for two reasons: 1) no 3/5th persons counted any more; and 2) the cap on the House of Representatives at 435.....?

My bad...they aren't there yet. So that is all you got? CA isn't a sanctuary state...yet?

My bad...they aren't there yet. So that is all you got? CA isn't a sanctuary state...yet?
What I've got is that you made an assertion that was a lie. That's what I've got.

Forum List

Back