Never Too Many Toys

Creepy Crawlers were cool

If you got burned, you were a retard. Still remember the smell of the Goop
Made some neat bugs and stuff

Moon shoes were just stupid

Most kids tossed them after about five minutes

Which is why we have very few awesome kids these days ...

But ... never fear ... we still have a few toys available to cull the herd.

WORST-SKATEBOARD-INJURYFAIL-2017-HIDDEN-BACKYARD-MINI-RAMP.jpg

I remember wanting that U238 kit after seeing it advertised somewhere. Can't understand why my parents said, 'No'. They were apparently trying to stifle my personal growth.

that looks like nothing but total ass busting to me.

When I was doing my clinical placements in acute care we used to see the most horrific stakeboard accidents.

We used to skateboard on macadam on steel wheels wearing nothing but cut-off jeans. Enjoyed serious road-rash.

I had the belt buckle pistol and the lawn darts. Still have the lawn darts.

You Won't See These Toys Around Anymore Because of How Dangerous They Were

Used to have a big ball of lead (hemisphere, about 3 inches across) laying on an outside windowsill when I was a kid. One day I asked my dad what it had been for and he told me when he was a kid, they used to melt them down in a ladle and then pour the molten lead into molds to make their own toy soldiers.

Dumbest toy was rock tumblers

Put the rocks in and check them the next morning....then the next morning ...then the next

Took six weeks or more

Which is why we have very few awesome kids these days ...

But ... never fear ... we still have a few toys available to cull the herd.

WORST-SKATEBOARD-INJURYFAIL-2017-HIDDEN-BACKYARD-MINI-RAMP.jpg

I remember wanting that U238 kit after seeing it advertised somewhere. Can't understand why my parents said, 'No'. They were apparently trying to stifle my personal growth.

that looks like nothing but total ass busting to me.

When I was doing my clinical placements in acute care we used to see the most horrific stakeboard accidents.

We used to skateboard on macadam on steel wheels wearing nothing but cut-off jeans. Enjoyed serious road-rash.

you had to replace the wheels pretty frequently if you wanted to go fast.

Every time I went to the dentist I'd talk him into giving me a blob of mercury, which I carried home in my hand. Accumulated quite a blob when all was said.

It's not the skateboard that is inherently dangerous. Our skateboards could go from full speed to zero momentum by hitting a pebble.

When we did stupid stuff on our skateboards, we were emulating the most stupid member or our local group. Today's idiots are trying to emulate the stupidest people with access to a camera and broadband.

The level of stupid has increased exponentially and the resultant death and injury is a positive thing for evolution.

I really miss steel playground equipment that heats up to 100 degrees in the summer and didn't give a millimeter when you bashed it with your skull.

img_2559.jpg

I was 6 when an uncle came back from Japan in late 1945. He had 2 duffel bags sewn together and it was full of Japanese rifles, pistols, swords and bayonets. He put them in a shed and in 2 weeks he had to return to duty. My cousins and friends and I got all that armament and played soldier in the woods and fields. We didn't have any ammo but with the rifles and bayonets and the swords we got to be pretty fair warriors. It's a wonder we weren't hurt or killed, especially when we would have bayonet charges and last ditch stands.

Official Boy Scout Knife ...

IMPC4Copen.jpg

Recommended ages 10 and up...

I was 6 when an uncle came back from Japan in late 1945. He had 2 duffel bags sewn together and it was full of Japanese rifles, pistols, swords and bayonets. He put them in a shed and in 2 weeks he had to return to duty. My cousins and friends and I got all that armament and played soldier in the woods and fields. We didn't have any ammo but with the rifles and bayonets and the swords we got to be pretty fair warriors. It's a wonder we weren't hurt or killed, especially when we would have bayonet charges and last ditch stands.

my dad brought back type 99s from the pacific.

we used to play with them all the time

Forum List

Back