Never Too Many Toys

this was the gold standard in my neighborhood, with greenie caps lol
Wow! That one is much more realistic than my Roy Rogers cap gun.

What are "greenie caps?"
I see. Interesting.

Round peel-off caps were stuck on the end of the realistic cartridge casing. Very sophisticated design -- and much more advanced than the paper roll of caps. I'll assume the gun had a fully functional, rotating cylinder. I never even saw those superbly realistic toy guns or I would have had one. I guess by the time they came out I was playing with my S&W .357, etc.

My cap guns were circa 1940s, early '50s. Do you recall when yours was released?

late 50's, early 60's would be my guess

What are "greenie caps?"
I see. Interesting.

Round peel-off caps were stuck on the end of the realistic cartridge casing. Very sophisticated design -- and much more advanced than the paper roll of caps. I'll assume the gun had a fully functional, rotating cylinder. I never even saw those superbly realistic toy guns or I would have had one. I guess by the time they came out I was playing with my S&W .357, etc.

My cap guns were circa 1940s, early '50s. Do you recall when yours was released?

late 50's, early 60's would be my guess

Shootin' Shells/Greenies were late 50's.

What are "greenie caps?"
I see. Interesting.

I always had caps on paper rolls

Those and pop guns where you pumped it, stuck the barrel in the dirt and fired a dirt plug at your friends

caps on paper rolls were good too.

put the whole roll on a rock and drop another rock on top

repeat

:lol:

We couldn’t buy firecrackers

We would buy paper caps, carefully remove the gunpowder and make a small firecracker

Forum List

Back