Never Too Many Toys

I had the "Defender Dan" machine gun with belt feed, yo. I was the baddest 7 year old on the block.
DEFENDER_DAN.jpg

I had the belt buckle pistol and the lawn darts. Still have the lawn darts.

You Won't See These Toys Around Anymore Because of How Dangerous They Were
Your link didn't load for me but then I was little I had lone rangers gun & mask. It came with tontos get up but I wasn't playing the damn Indian
I can't remember all the toy guns my brother and I had, but an outstanding one was the "Roy Rogers," a beautifully crafted, silver six-gun that held and "shot" a roll of paper "caps." It came with a holster that looked and felt like real leather and had an adjustable belt.

this was the gold standard in my neighborhood, with greenie caps lol
Wow! That one is much more realistic than my Roy Rogers cap gun.

What are "greenie caps?"

Greenie Stick'm caps. Would stick to the firing end of the cartridge. Some models had spring loaded bullets as well.

You could put an eye out! :laughing0301:

this was the gold standard in my neighborhood, with greenie caps lol
Wow! That one is much more realistic than my Roy Rogers cap gun.

What are "greenie caps?"
I see. Interesting.

Round peel-off caps were stuck on the end of the realistic cartridge casing. Very sophisticated design -- and much more advanced than the paper roll of caps. I'll assume the gun had a fully functional, rotating cylinder. I never even saw those superbly realistic toy guns or I would have had one. I guess by the time they came out I was playing with my S&W .357, etc.

My cap guns were circa 1940s, early '50s. Do you recall when yours was released?

Forum List

Back