New home construction collapses in Northeast - Thanks to Trump tax reform

LOL! Then let those northeastern states lower their property taxes and their personal income taxes! The rest of the country is done with subsidizing their high taxes.

And of course the Fed's raising of interest rates has nothing to do with it, right? They've gone up by nearly 1 full percentage point in the last 18 months.

But of course your first and only reaction is that it must be all Trump's fault because he capped state-and-local-tax deductions at $10K.

"The rest of the country is done with subsidizing their high taxes."

I think you don't know what the phuck you're talking about.

AP FACT CHECK: Blue high-tax states fund red low-tax states

THE FACTS:
Connecticut residents paid an average of $15,643 per person in federal taxes in 2015, according to a report by the Rockefeller Institute of Government. Massachusetts paid $13,582 per person, New Jersey paid $13,137 and New York paid $12,820.

California residents paid an average of $10,510.

At the other end, Mississippi residents paid an average of $5,740 per person, while West Virginia paid $6,349, Kentucky paid $6,626 and South Carolina paid $6,665.

Low-tax red states also fare better when you take into account federal spending.

Mississippi received $2.13 for every tax dollar the state sent to Washington in 2015, according to the Rockefeller study. West Virginia received $2.07, Kentucky got $1.90 and South Carolina got $1.71.

Meanwhile, New Jersey received 74 cents in federal spending for tax every dollar the state sent to Washington. New York received 81 cents, Connecticut received 82 cents and Massachusetts received 83 cents."""""""""

Pesky facts.

Further demonstrates how progressives are intellectually dishonest. At best they lack critical thought. The reason some states are a greater success than others has everything to do with climate. Progressives would have you believe "it's cuz they progressive". Dollars to donuts the "average tax payers" aren't the average at all. Or maybe I should ask, average of what?

LOL! Then let those northeastern states lower their property taxes and their personal income taxes! The rest of the country is done with subsidizing their high taxes.

And of course the Fed's raising of interest rates has nothing to do with it, right? They've gone up by nearly 1 full percentage point in the last 18 months.

But of course your first and only reaction is that it must be all Trump's fault because he capped state-and-local-tax deductions at $10K.

THE FACTS:
Connecticut residents paid an average of $15,643 per person in federal taxes in 2015, according to a report by the Rockefeller Institute of Government. Massachusetts paid $13,582 per person, New Jersey paid $13,137 and New York paid $12,820.

At the other end, Mississippi residents paid an average of $5,740 per person, while West Virginia paid $6,349, Kentucky paid $6,626 and South Carolina paid $6,665.

Low-tax red states also fare better when you take into account federal spending.

Mississippi received $2.13 for every tax dollar the state sent to Washington in 2015, according to the Rockefeller study. West Virginia received $2.07, Kentucky got $1.90 and South Carolina got $1.71.

Meanwhile, New Jersey received 74 cents in federal spending for tax every dollar the state sent to Washington. New York received 81 cents, Connecticut received 82 cents and Massachusetts received 83 cents."""""""""

Dec 2017 article??????? I laugh at you. :auiqs.jpg:

Home sales in the northeast have fallen 51% and construction as collapsed since Trump's tax reform passed.
This due to the "SALT" clause which restricts deductions for state and local taxes to $10K. Sales of homes nationally are down 13.2%.

This is just one of the negative results of Trump's tax break to the top 1%.

And I know the collective right has a problem recalling anything that happened more than six months ago, much less 10 years, but it was the housing collapse that started in California and spread east that created the worst recession since 1929.

Housing Is Tanking in the Northeast. Guess Why.
Losing big deductions for state and local property taxes is having the expected effect.
(This has to be Googled because Bloomberg doesn't allow copying links)
I'll say it again, everyhing Trump touches dies.
That was due to fraud....big difference

Tell that to the residential construction firms, mortgage banks, realtors, new home buyers and current middle class homeowners who are being hurt by Trump's tax gift to the wealthy.

That collapse trickles down to retail, too, butthead.

Just ask Lowes, Home Depot, and the big box furniture stores.

Fewer homes in tiny states doesn't = an economic collapse

Tiny states?
A tiny state is Wyoming, not New York or MA or NJ. Those states combined have 40,000,000 people.
Homeowners in CA will be affected by this too when they file their 2018 returns.
That's another 40M people.
80M people is approximately 1/4th of the entire population of the U.S.

85% of the population of the U.S. live in large metro areas.
You're fooling yourself.
Wait, no...you're letting Trump do that for you.

They all also have higher state taxes than everybody else, rendering
the Fed Tax reduction useless to them.

btw...All those folks in the NE are building homes. They're just
building them in the South escaping those shithole states
that they resided in.

THE FACTS:

Actually, Dec. 9, 2017, so, less than a year. Have the numbers changed?

Tell that to the residential construction firms, mortgage banks, realtors, new home buyers and current middle class homeowners who are being hurt by Trump's tax gift to the wealthy.

Explain how losing tax deductions help the rich?

Mark

It's not going to affect the wealthy, they can afford the loss of the deduction.
Most middle class homes in NJ and NY have very steep housing prices and property taxes.
Ours outside of Princeton was over $18K annually three years ago before we moved.
That's typical for a 3-4 bedroom home in a metro or densely populated suburban area.
18K in just property taxes.....do you ever bother to ask...where does all the money go

That's irrelevant to the topic.
Diverting and deflecting doesn't work on me, Sparky.
Nope and we know why?

immutable-truth-head-up-ass-buried-rectal-cranial-inversion-politics-1314793503.jpg

Home sales in the northeast have fallen 51% and construction has collapsed since Trump's tax reform passed.
This due to the "SALT" clause which restricts deductions for state and local taxes to $10K. Sales of homes nationally are down 13.2%.

And I know the collective right has a problem recalling anything that happened more than six months ago, much less 10 years, but it was the housing collapse that started in California and spread east that created the worst recession since 1929.

Losing big deductions for state and local property taxes is having the expected effect.
I'll say it again, everything Trump touches dies.

Why should these folks be able to vote for sky-high taxes and then pass it off to the rest of the country via tax deductions? Fuck 'em, they want high sales and RE taxes, then let them pay them.

THE FACTS:

Actually, Dec. 9, 2017, so, less than a year. Have the numbers changed?
Not sure what the premise of the OP is any longer, Camp. It started out with the tax cuts that Trump implemented caused the decline of housing.
Now it's the high taxes that liberal states pay? I'm dizzy

Having said that.....as long as liberal states keep voting for liberal politicians they will continue to pay out the nose in taxes.
Please instead of a 15.00 min wage, raise it to a 22.00 min wage. You guys can even pay more.

Home sales in the northeast have fallen 51% and construction has collapsed since Trump's tax reform passed.

It's not Donnie

Yes it is. He nominated both the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Fed. That means whatever they do is his responsibility.

It is Donnie.

It's not Donnie

Yes it is. He nominated both the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Fed. That means whatever they do is his responsibility.

It is Donnie.
No it's not. They are non partisan and showing it. Donnie doesn't want them to keep raising the rates.
The Fed Res raises rates to keep inflation in check, that IS their goal. Not everything is political, Mcwhatever

Home sales in the northeast have fallen 51% and construction as collapsed since Trump's tax reform passed.

I'll say it again, everyhing Trump touches dies.

Gift to the wealthy?

It's the wealthy being hit by the SALT restriction. The less expensive homes that don't pay such high taxes get a break. I thought you wanted to soak the rich.

Housing will continue to decline as the Fed Res raises their rates.

More than that, the millennial and internet generations take no interest in home ownership, because that would involve a plan, discipline & investment. They're consumed by gadgets, selfishness, anti-tradition and $10 beers. Their future is apparently someone else's responsibility. Sadly, these kids are our future.

Our future doesn't look that bright to me.
Than your generation didnt know how to raise them...worse you handed them an orange clown with a child's brain who never takes responsibility.

It's not Donnie

It is Donnie.
No it's not. They are non partisan and showing it. Donnie doesn't want them to keep raising the rates.
The Fed Res raises rates to keep inflation in check, that IS their goal. Not everything is political, Mcwhatever

Wrong...jeez, are you naive on this.

Trump is responsible for nominating people at the Fed who will carry out his wishes. People who share his financial/macroeconomic views.
Only an idiot would nominate people who will not do as he asks.

And inflation checking is NOT the Fed's only goal. The Fed has two mandates...not just curbing inflation but also for maximum employment.

Plus, saying the Fed is non-partisan is silly. They are not even part of the government. They are a privately-owned, for profit institution with privately held shares (mostly by major banks). They are semi-overseen by the government, but they are NOT part of it.
That is doubly why it is critical that the POTUS appoint people to it who will do as he says.

The Federal Reserve Is A PRIVATELY-OWNED Corporation

When a leader appoints an underling...that means that leader is ultimately responsible for that underling's actions.
That falls under the 'Well duh' category.

Trump appointed those who run the Fed, that means the Fed's actions are his responsibility.

Last edited:

New home construction collapses in Northeast - Thanks to Trump tax reform
That must be great news for you...right?
Wouldn’t that mean that wealthy, evil homeowners will suffer an equity loss and won’t homes become more affordable for all your filthy lowlife buddies?

It's not Donnie

It is Donnie.

Wrong. Jeez are you naive or what?

Trump is responsible for nominating people at the Fed who will carry out his wishes. People who share his financial/macroeconomic views.

And inflation checking is NOT the Fed's only goal. The Fed has two mandates...not just curbing inflation but also for maximum employment.

Plus, the Fed is not non-partisan. They are a privately-owned, for profit institution with privately held shares (mostly by major banks). They are semi-overseen by the government, but they are NOT part of it.
That is doubly why it is critical that thecPOTUS appoint people to it who will do as he says.

Trump appointed those who run the Fed, that means the Fed's actions are his responsibility.
It's not Donnie. Donnie isn't liking how the Fed Res keeps raising the rates even when inflation is in check, and yes, a good economy. They aren't listening to their master.....are they?
First and foremost they are concerned about the inflation being in check, the economy will follow.
It's not Donnie.

It's not Donnie

It is Donnie.

Plus, the Fed is not non-partisan. They are a privately-owned, for profit institution with privately held shares (mostly by major banks). They are semi-overseen by the government, but they are NOT part of it.
That is doubly why it is critical that thecPOTUS appoint people to it who will do as he says.

It's not Donnie. Donnie isn't liking how the Fed Res keeps raising the rates even when inflation is in check, and yes, a good economy. They aren't listening to their master.....are they?
First and foremost they are concerned about the inflation being in check, the economy will follow.
It's not Donnie.
Wrong. The Fed's mandate does not specify which is more importan...inflation or maximum employment.
Obviously you know as much about the Fed as most Americans...very little.
Next time you are going to debate about something, try and make sure you actually know what it does...just sayin'.

Plus, Donnie appointed those who run the Fed.

That means Donnie is responsible for what the Fed does.

It's called 'responsibility of leadership'.

You obviously don't understand that. So there is no point in wasting more time on you over this.

Donald Trump nominated both the Chairman and the Vice Chairman of the Fed. That makes the Fed's actions his responsibility.

Period.

We are done here.

Have a nice day.

Why should the tax code susidize high tax areas. Every state should live within its' means and that means remaining economically viable. The state governments have seen tax payers as a source of unlimited income and are learning the hard truth that there are limits. I have little interest in subsidising high state and local taxes while I am doing everthing I can to insure my local and state taxes remain low. If you want to spend my money to subsidise your taxes do my job for me.

I saw a program about that same topic on C Span and the Reps from the area blame it on the Taxes people pay on the houses. Sorry not Trumps fault. They are looking in to finding ways to lower the property tax rate of keep the younger people to stay and work in the area...So I don't understand where you get your info but I would question it closer next time.

It's not Donnie

It is Donnie.

It's not Donnie.
Wrong. The Fed's mandate does not specify which is more importan...inflation or maximum employment.
Obviously you know as much about the Fed as most Americans...very little.
Next time you are going to debate about something, try and make sure you actually know what it does...just sayin'.

Plus, Donnie appointed those who run the Fed.

That means Donnie is responsible for what the Fed does.

It's called 'responsibility of leadership'.

You obviously don't understand that. So there is no point in wasting more time on you over this.

Donald Trump nominated both the Chairman and the Vice Chairman of the Fed. That makes the Fed's actions his responsibility.

Period.

We are done here.

Have a nice day.
You go to your left wingnut opinion piece and get your talking points. I get it.
It's still not Donnie. The Fed Res is keeping their rates at a level that won't let inflation get out of control
They don't have marching orders from Donnie.
You can blame whoever you want on why housing is slowing down in the northeast....but it ain't Donnie.

You are dismissed.

Forum List

Back