New home construction collapses in Northeast - Thanks to Trump tax reform

why no link in the OP? Who is this crap even from? Most thigment of a leftists imagination?

False - obviously. If they were, rates would not be going up now would they?

DUH.

That is because Trump is so pathetic that he did not appoint people that promised to do as he asked. He probably just assumed they would be loyal to his wishes.

Now answer my question...no dodging again.

True or False?

Donald Trump is responsible for the on-the-job actions of the people he appoints as President?

And I will not answer another of yours until you answer this one.
So I'm supposed to answer a vague question? We are talking specifically about the Fed Res and now you move the goal posts? Really?
Typical librul

For the third time:

True or False?

Donald Trump is responsible for the on-the-job actions of the people he appoints as President?

I was almost positive you would not answer this. Because there is only one logical way to answer it. And if you do - your whole argument goes down the drain. And you know that.
But you don't have the courage to be proven wrong...so you will go to HUGE lengths not to answer a simple 'true or false' question.

I will ask again - and I bet you will make more excuses not to answer it.
I answered your question - no problem. But you don't dare answer mine.

BTW - I am a proud indy...never voted for a Dem or a Rep in my life. Never will (I assume). Figures you Trumpbots would assume I am a Dem. All you can see politically is black or white.
Donnie is not responsible for the actions of the Fed Reserve.

Although an instrument of the US Government, the Federal Reserve System considers itself "an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress, and the terms of the members of the board of governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms.
Federal Reserve - Wikipedia

That is what we were talking about. You can try and move the goal posts all you want.

LOL...I told you you would go way out of your way to avoid answering. Your type almost always does.

You ducked the question yet again. I did not ask about just the Fed. I am asking about ALL the people he appoints.

For the fourth time:

True or False?

In other words, you want to change the whole discussion from what I originally stated that, "It's not Donnie"?
Knock yourself out, dude. Start a thread on that, but it has nothing to do with the original OP.
Now run along, go to your next post and move those goal posts, son. Maybe someone will play.

LOL...just as I told you all...he will go to GREAT lengths to avoid answering the question. That is what weak people do. I answered his question right away. Yet he desperately tries to duck mine.

Fine.

I will make it even easier for you. Even a weak (IMO), macroeconomic ignoramus Trumpbot like you should be able to get it together enough to answer this INCREDIBLY simple question:

Donald Trump is responsible for the on-the-job actions of the people he nominates to the Federal Reserve?

True or False?

Bets anyone? Will he run and hide again. Or will he man up and answer?

Last edited:
Home sales in the northeast have fallen 51% and construction as collapsed since Trump's tax reform passed.
This due to the "SALT" clause which restricts deductions for state and local taxes to $10K. Sales of homes nationally are down 13.2%.

This is just one of the negative results of Trump's tax break to the top 1%.

And I know the collective right has a problem recalling anything that happened more than six months ago, much less 10 years, but it was the housing collapse that started in California and spread east that created the worst recession since 1929.

Housing Is Tanking in the Northeast. Guess Why.
Losing big deductions for state and local property taxes is having the expected effect.
(This has to be Googled because Bloomberg doesn't allow copying links)
I'll say it again, everyhing Trump touches dies.
That was due to fraud....big difference

Tell that to the residential construction firms, mortgage banks, realtors, new home buyers and current middle class homeowners who are being hurt by Trump's tax gift to the wealthy.

That collapse trickles down to retail, too, butthead.

Just ask Lowes, Home Depot, and the big box furniture stores.

Like Home depots record profits, maybe you should send them that link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes no sense. It is impossible for a website to prevent you from linking to it.

This is a link to the Bloomberg page, and evidence that some people are morons.

Onto the topic at hand, there is no apparent causal relationship between the SALT tax and the decline in home sales. If anything, we might anticipate that sales in locations disadvantaged by the tax, could decrease as a result--if and only if people avoid moving into these areas, or are moving out of these areas, due to the tax disincentives.

But we have nothing to base such a claim on at this time. While it's possible such behaviors could develop, it would take a long time scale to identify any such trends because people generally relocate after accepting new job offers, not on mere volition. So we will need more time to see if any exodus occurs because of current residents targeting job hunts to states that aren't disadvantaged by the SALT tax, or if external job hunters start overlooking open positions in those areas, causing disproportionate labor shortages.

Additionally, the link clearly states that the national decline in home sales is not being fueled by the northeastern states that are disadvantaged by the SALT tax. The national trend is due to a market saturation and a lack of demand. As the article suggests, maybe the Federal Reserve is to blame for raising interests rates (probably not a major factor, the market is probably just returning to a normal after being artificially inflated after such an extended time of low interest rates).

Home sales in the northeast have fallen 51% and construction has collapsed since Trump's tax reform passed.
This due to the "SALT" clause which restricts deductions for state and local taxes to $10K. Sales of homes nationally are down 13.2%.

And I know the collective right has a problem recalling anything that happened more than six months ago, much less 10 years, but it was the housing collapse that started in California and spread east that created the worst recession since 1929.

Losing big deductions for state and local property taxes is having the expected effect.
I'll say it again, everything Trump touches dies.
It is dead in our area also..

So I'm supposed to answer a vague question? We are talking specifically about the Fed Res and now you move the goal posts? Really?
Typical librul

For the third time:

True or False?

I was almost positive you would not answer this. Because there is only one logical way to answer it. And if you do - your whole argument goes down the drain. And you know that.
But you don't have the courage to be proven wrong...so you will go to HUGE lengths not to answer a simple 'true or false' question.

BTW - I am a proud indy...never voted for a Dem or a Rep in my life. Never will (I assume). Figures you Trumpbots would assume I am a Dem. All you can see politically is black or white.

Although an instrument of the US Government, the Federal Reserve System considers itself "an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress, and the terms of the members of the board of governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms.

That is what we were talking about. You can try and move the goal posts all you want.

LOL...I told you you would go way out of your way to avoid answering. Your type almost always does.

You ducked the question yet again. I did not ask about just the Fed. I am asking about ALL the people he appoints.

For the fourth time:

True or False?

In other words, you want to change the whole discussion from what I originally stated that, "It's not Donnie"?
Knock yourself out, dude. Start a thread on that, but it has nothing to do with the original OP.
Now run along, go to your next post and move those goal posts, son. Maybe someone will play.

LOL...just as I told you all...he will go to GREAT lengths to avoid answering the question. That is what weak people do. I answered his question right away. Yet he desperately tries to duck mine.

Fine.

I will make it even easier for you. Even a weak (IMO), macroeconomic ignoramus Trumpbot like you should be able to get it together enough to answer this INCREDIBLY simple question:

Donald Trump is responsible for the on-the-job actions of the people he nominates to the Federal Reserve?

True or False?

It's been answered in post 73.....and again, you move goal posts.
It may not be the answer you're looking for, but it does answer your question....
I guess the only thing left to do is stick your head up your ass and roll down the sidewalk.
Tired of your baiting, it doesn't work....so move along, sonny.

For the third time:

True or False?

For the fourth time:

True or False?

Fine.

True or False?

It may not be the answer you're looking for, but it does answer your question....
I guess the only thing left to do is stick your head up your ass and roll down the sidewalk.

Again, folks. He ducks the question XXXX XXX

He typed sentence after sentence but refuses to type 'True' or 'False'.

Well, I will make it even simpler for him:

True or False?

Just type 't' for true or 'f' for false.

He won't even answer that because if he does, his whole argument falls apart.
But - being such a childish Trumpbot - he has not even got the guts to admit it.

Sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Home sales in the northeast have fallen 51% and construction has collapsed since Trump's tax reform passed.

New home sales rise 3.5 percent after two-month decline

The Horn News, a blog. And your article is dated September.
Keep tryin'!

New home sales rise 3.5 percent after two-month decline
Oh snap! How can those Tax cuts stifle buying and then new home sales rise under those same
tax cuts?????????????????? I'm sure the OP will come up with some kind of poll tested yarn
and answer the question. :auiqs.jpg:

Did you check the link?
No, of course you didn't.
It's a blog.
And they're taking donations via PayPal.
Next idiot......

It's not Donnie, I keep telling you that.

Wait...Liberals don't want to build new houses and pay the taxes? It was soooo much easier when the federal government subsidized them indirectly...

For the fourth time:

True or False?

Fine.

True or False?

Again, folks. He ducks the question. Some mod.

True or False?

But - being such a childish Trumpbot - he has not even got the guts to admit it.

Sad.

Sad, indeed.
They don't even bother to check out the links posted.
Personal blogs are not legitimate news.

For the fourth time:

True or False?

Fine.

True or False?

Again, folks. He ducks the question. Some mod.

True or False?

Sad.

Sad, indeed.
They don't even bother to check out the links posted.
Personal blogs are not legitimate news.
Mac uses blogs, W.

That makes no sense. It is impossible for a website to prevent you from linking to it.

Onto the topic at hand, there is no apparent causal relationship between the SALT tax and the decline in home sales. If anything, we might anticipate that sales in locations disadvantaged by the tax, could decrease as a result--if and only if people avoid moving into these areas, or are moving out of these areas, due to the tax disincentives.

But we have nothing to base such a claim on at this time. While it's possible such behaviors could develop, it would take a long time scale to identify any such trends because people generally relocate after accepting new job offers, not on mere volition. So we will need more time to see if any exodus occurs because of current residents targeting job hunts to states that aren't disadvantaged by the SALT tax, or if external job hunters start overlooking open positions in those areas, causing disproportionate labor shortages.

Additionally, the link clearly states that the national decline in home sales is not being fueled by the northeastern states that are disadvantaged by the SALT tax. The national trend is due to a market saturation and a lack of demand. As the article suggests, maybe the Federal Reserve is to blame for raising interests rates (probably not a major factor, the market is probably just returning to a normal after being artificially inflated after such an extended time of low interest rates).

This is what I get when I click on your link and paste it back into the page.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

That's why I wrote that it has to be Googled.

And this is the header on the page in Bloomberg:

Economics

By
Justin Fox
October 25, 2018, 8:26 AM CDT

And yet when I click on this "Bloomberg-Are you a robot?" it takes me to the article!
Ya' got me.

Last edited:
LOL...still trying to dodge the simple question.
He is clearly SO afraid of himself and/or Trump being proven wrong he cannot answer even an INCREDIBLY simple question.
I can read you Trumpbots like a book.

Yes, the question is relevant to the OP since Trump appointed both the Chairman and the Vice Chairman of the Fed.

Now for the fifth time:

True or False?

Are you responsible for the actions of your children for their lifetime? True or False?

This is what I get when I click on your link and paste it back into the page.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

That's why I wrote that it has to be Googled.

Makes no difference the story is the same, liberals have to pay for things they got for free from the feds before.

...well mcrocket? I am waiting for your answer to my simple question. Cat got your tongue?

Home sales in the northeast have fallen 51% and construction as collapsed since Trump's tax reform passed.

I'll say it again, everyhing Trump touches dies.
That was due to fraud....big difference

Tell that to the residential construction firms, mortgage banks, realtors, new home buyers and current middle class homeowners who are being hurt by Trump's tax gift to the wealthy.

That collapse trickles down to retail, too, butthead.

Just ask Lowes, Home Depot, and the big box furniture stores.

Fewer homes in tiny states doesn't = an economic collapse

Tiny states?
A tiny state is Wyoming, not New York or MA or NJ. Those states combined have 40,000,000 people.
Homeowners in CA will be affected by this too when they file their 2018 returns.
That's another 40M people.
80M people is approximately 1/4th of the entire population of the U.S.

85% of the population of the U.S. live in large metro areas.
You're fooling yourself.
Wait, no...you're letting Trump do that for you.
He is talking about landmass Cletus. Raise your IQ about 50 points and try to keep up.

New Jersey and most of the Northeastern states are smaller than Wyoming.

Massachusetts and New Jersey and Maine and New Hampshire, and Rhode Island and Vermont and Delaware are tiny states.

Just what the greedy States that screw their citizens deserve. Hopefully those idiots will start electing people who they won't have to lube up for. LMAO

Forum List

Back