New home construction collapses in Northeast - Thanks to Trump tax reform

They yell Tax the Rich..........tax the Rich........tax the Rich.......

Then when some of them have to pay more and are Rich............they go ..............Taxed Enough Already.......Taxed Enough Already.

Maybe one day they will make up their mind.

Novel idea..........stop screwing your people in those states with sky high taxes .......

Home sales in the northeast have fallen 51% and construction has collapsed since Trump's tax reform passed.
This due to the "SALT" clause which restricts deductions for state and local taxes to $10K. Sales of homes nationally are down 13.2%.

This is just one of the negative results of Trump's tax break to the top 1%.

And I know the collective right has a problem recalling anything that happened more than six months ago, much less 10 years, but it was the housing collapse that started in California and spread east that created the worst recession since 1929.

Housing Is Tanking in the Northeast. Guess Why.
Losing big deductions for state and local property taxes is having the expected effect.
(This has to be Googled because Bloomberg doesn't allow copying links)
I'll say it again, everything Trump touches dies.

In my home state of Colorado, once a very hot existing home market has now taken a nose dive due to Trump's tax cuts.
When you flood an already good economy with a lot of cash--it spikes inflation sending the Federal Reserve chairman to raise interest rates. Mortgage rates, short term rates, and credit card rates have gone up which inherently slows the economy down. This causes a ripple effect throughout the economy.

The stock market is in another roller coaster ride, not only with interest rate hikes, but Trump's continual threats of a trade war. Investors are now moving money out of stocks and into safer instruments.
Trump's tax cuts and the ugly truth about the stock market

RAMclr-030816-trump-IBD-extra.jpg

sub-mrz030418-color_1_orig_0.jpg

Trump threatens Harley-Davidson: If it moves overseas 'they will be taxed like never before!'
Trump says he’s ‘surprised’ Harley-Davidson is moving work overseas after tariffs take effect

Trump's tax cuts thereby making for the shortest economic boom period in history, let alone adding another 2 trillion to the deficit.

Last edited:
Home sales in the northeast have fallen 51% and construction has collapsed since Trump's tax reform passed.
This due to the "SALT" clause which restricts deductions for state and local taxes to $10K. Sales of homes nationally are down 13.2%.

And I know the collective right has a problem recalling anything that happened more than six months ago, much less 10 years, but it was the housing collapse that started in California and spread east that created the worst recession since 1929.

Losing big deductions for state and local property taxes is having the expected effect.
Crazy how much it costs to pay your fair share isn’t it.

You favor tax breaks for the wealthy?

Housing will continue to decline as the Fed Res raises their rates.
I am bored...so here goes.

Okay Mr. I-Obviously-Don't-Know-How-The-Fed-Operates?

True or False?

Donald Trump is responsible for the on-the-job actions of the people he appoints as President?

BTW - if you answer 'False'? Congrats, on this subject - you are a complete moron.

True or False?

Donald Trump is responsible for the on-the-job actions of the people he appoints as President?

BTW - if you answer 'False'? Congrats, on this subject - you are a complete moron.
True or False?
The Fed Reserve takes its marching orders from Trump?

I hope your answer isn't true, you would be a bigger moron than I thought.

True or False?

True or False?

False - obviously. If they were, rates would not be going up now would they?

DUH.

That is because Trump is so pathetic that he did not appoint people that promised to do as he asked. He probably just assumed they would be loyal to his wishes.

Now answer my question...no dodging again.

True or False?

And I will not answer another of yours until you answer this one.

Last edited:

You favor tax breaks for the wealthy?
Trumps election has caused a short circuit in their brains. Talking points are all mixed up right now. Please stand by and wait for a technician

ok.....

Housing Is Tanking in the Northeast. Guess Why. - Bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/...10.../housing-market-is-tanking-in-the-northeast

Oct 25, 2018 - Housing Is Tanking in the Northeast. Guess Why. Losing big deductions for state and local property taxes is having the expected effect. By.
Why housing is tanking in Northeast - Providence Business News

https://pbn.com › Economy

Sales of new single-family houses were down 13.2 percent in September from a year earlier, the Census Bureau reported recently. That's a lot – the biggest ...
Housing is tanking in the Northeast ~ Hiptoro

www.hiptoro.com/housing-is-tanking-in-the-northeast/

Oct 27, 2018 - The Census Board this Wednesday reported that the sales of the new family houses, particularly single were down by 13.2 percent in ...
Housing is tanking in the Northeast. Thank the tax cuts. - Twitter

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1055496654319706112?lang=en

Housing Is Tanking in the Northeast. Guess Why. Losing big deductions for state and local property taxes is having the expected effect. bloomberg.com.
Housing is tanking in the Northeast. Thank the tax cuts. - Twitter

https://twitter.com/i/events/1055514827228012549

The U.S. housing industry is experiencing the biggest year-over-year decline since the housing bust. Sales of new single-family houses were down 13.2% in ...
Housing Is Tanking in the Northeast. Guess Why. - Losing big ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/.../housing_is_tanking_in_the_northeast_guess_why/

Oct 25, 2018 - Housing Is Tanking in the Northeast. ... Wouldn't free market principles say that if housing prices are inflated because they're subsidized, that ...
Housing Is Tanking in the Northeast. Guess Why. : economy - Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/.../housing_is_tanking_in_the_northeast_guess_why/

Oct 25, 2018 - 1 post - ‎1 author
Reddit gives you the best of the internet in one place. Get a constantly updating feed of breaking news, fun stories, pics, memes, and videos just ...
Flipboard: Housing Is Tanking in the Northeast. Guess Why.

https://flipboard.com/.../housing-is-tanking-in-the-northeast..../f-c672eca014%2Fbloo...

Sales of new single-family houses were down 13.2 percent in September from a year earlier, the Census Bureau reported Wednesday. That's a lot — the …
Flipboard: Housing Is Tanking in the Northeast. Guess Why.

https://flipboard.com/.../housing-is-tanking-in-the-northeast..../a-kTHRL2SYT-y6c2q...

Oct 23, 2018 - Sales of new single-family houses were down 13.2 percent in September from a year earlier, the Census Bureau reported Wednesday. That's a ...
Housing Is Tanking in the Northeast. Guess Why. - Trendolizer

finance.trendolizer.com/2018/10/housing-is-tanking-in-the-northeast-guess-why.html

Oct 26, 2018 - Losing big deductions for state and local property taxes is having the expected effect. (via: trendolizer.com)

True or False?

True or False?

DUH.

That is because Trump is so pathetic that he did not appoint people that promised to do as he asked. He probably just assumed they would be loyal to his wishes.

True or False?

So I'm supposed to answer a vague question? We are talking specifically about the Fed Res and now you move the goal posts? Really?
Typical librul

True or False?

True or False?

DUH.

True or False?

So I'm supposed to answer a vague question? We are talking specifically about the Fed Res and now you move the goal posts? Really?
Typical librul
I was almost positive you would not answer this. Because there is only one logical way to answer it. And if you do - your whole argument goes down the drain. And you know that.
But you don't have the courage to be proven wrong...so you will go to HUGE lengths not to answer a simple 'true or false' question.

I will ask again - and I bet you will make more excuses not to answer it.
I answered your question - no hesitation, no problem. But you don't dare answer mine.

For the third time:

True or False?

BTW - I am a proud indy...never voted for a Dem or a Rep in my life. Never will (I assume). Figures you Trumpbots would assume I am a Dem. All you can see politically is black or white.

Last edited:

True or False?

True or False?

DUH.

True or False?

Typical librul

For the third time:

True or False?

I was almost positive you would not answer this. Because there is only one logical way to answer it. And if you do - your whole argument goes down the drain. And you know that.
But you don't have the courage to be proven wrong...so you will go to HUGE lengths not to answer a simple 'true or false' question.

I answered your question - no problem. But you don't dare answer mine.

BTW - I am a proud indy...never voted for a Dem or a Rep in my life. Never will (I assume). Figures you Trumpbots would assume I am a Dem. All you can see politically is black or white.
Donnie is not responsible for the actions of the Fed Reserve.

Although an instrument of the US Government, the Federal Reserve System considers itself "an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress, and the terms of the members of the board of governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms.
Federal Reserve - Wikipedia

That is what we were talking about. You can try and move the goal posts all you want.

True or False?

True or False?

DUH.

True or False?

Typical librul

For the third time:

True or False?

Although an instrument of the US Government, the Federal Reserve System considers itself "an independent central bank because its monetary policy decisions do not have to be approved by the President or anyone else in the executive or legislative branches of government, it does not receive funding appropriated by the Congress, and the terms of the members of the board of governors span multiple presidential and congressional terms.

That is what we were talking about. You can try and move the goal posts all you want.

LOL...I told you you would go way out of your way to avoid answering. Your type almost always does.

You ducked the question yet again. I did not ask about just the Fed. I am asking about ALL the people he appoints...including those for the Fed.

For the fourth time:

True or False?

Last edited:
True or False?

DUH.

True or False?

Typical librul

For the third time:

True or False?

LOL...I told you you would go way out of your way to avoid answering. Your type almost always does.

You ducked the question yet again. I did not ask about just the Fed. I am asking about ALL the people he appoints.

For the fourth time:

True or False?

In other words, you want to change the whole discussion from what I originally stated that, "It's not Donnie"?
Knock yourself out, dude. Start a thread on that, but it has nothing to do with the original OP.
Now run along, go to your next post and move those goal posts, son. Maybe someone will play.

DUH.

True or False?

Typical librul

For the third time:

True or False?

You ducked the question yet again. I did not ask about just the Fed. I am asking about ALL the people he appoints.

For the fourth time:

True or False?

In other words, you want to change the whole discussion from what I originally stated that, "It's not Donnie"?
Knock yourself out, dude. Start a thread on that, but it has nothing to do with the original OP.
Now run along, go to your next post and move those goal posts, son. Maybe someone will play.

LOL...still trying to dodge the simple question.
He is clearly SO afraid of himself and/or Trump being proven wrong he cannot answer even an INCREDIBLY simple question.
I can read you Trumpbots like a book.

Yes, the question is relevant to the OP since Trump appointed both the Chairman and the Vice Chairman of the Fed.

Now for the fifth time:

True or False?

I swear you can't make a liberal happy. They harp on and on about taxing the 'rich' and when Trump raises taxes on the wealthy via SALT caps they still bitch and complain.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with democrats driving people out of their states

1.It wasn't for the 1%
2. Maybe voters should elect people who will DECREASE their taxes not INCREASE them.

Forum List

Back