New Neg Rep Rule Extreme and Unfair...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's his hat, what's his hurry? ;)

And when those kinds of comments are made about lakhota.... the world ends.

Just saying.

No, the world doesn't end.

Most of the time, I don't know what is going on with any given poster, and that's my point. When one poster makes a negative focal point of another poster, then I think there's a problem.

You mean like the sand crap?

again.... just saying

Last edited:
I am immune, after three wives and 4 kids, I am not affected in the least.
I am here for interaction and discussion, not to have a mental meltdown.
usually all it takes is a couple of bong hits.

No, I don't mean like 'he sand crap.'

When I first started posting here, every damn thread I started, no matter how innocuous, I could depend on Warbler, CG and Si to show up and shit on it. Every thread. Almost like they were waiting for me to post. That can't be normal, nor can it be coincidence.

People have given themselves permission to show their ass. "Oh, I don't like Lakhota so I will neg rep him every chance I get." I SERIOUSLY doubt it actually makes them feel any better. It's not logical, to have that much animosity toward someone that you could NOT pick out of the proverbial lineup.

And when those kinds of comments are made about lakhota.... the world ends.

Just saying.

Most of the time, I don't know what is going on with any given poster, and that's my point. When one poster makes a negative focal point of another poster, then I think there's a problem.

You mean like he sand crap?

again.... just saying

remember the I'm rubber your glue? Polichic has a thick hide.

We had posters losing 20 points over a few days.....that is some serious piling on to try to drive them off the board

Anybody that leaves or stays based upon rep probably isn't worth having around.
Just sayin'.
Would a noob necessarily know what the rep system is all about?

I've been on boards since 2004. A bunch of them. This is the first one with a rep system, and I had no clue as to any ramifications of getting neg repped.

Don't assume everyone knows that it is a completely benign system.

When I first started posting here, every damn thread I started, no matter how innocuous, I could depend on Warbler, CG and Si to show up and shit on it. Every thread. Almost like they were waiting for me to post. That can't be normal, nor can it be coincidence.

People have given themselves permission to show their ass. "Oh, I don't like Lakhota so I will neg rep him every chance I get." I SERIOUSLY doubt it actually makes them feel any better. It's not logical, to have that much animosity toward someone that you could NOT pick out of the proverbial lineup.

"the"

I can only speak for myself.... i read "new posts". I am not looking to see who it is, what forum it is... left or right. Its in new post. So your threads comes up and comments are made. I doubt cg and si sat and waited for your threads to come up. It may feel that way if they did not agree with you.

I am using lakota as an example....he is quite the whiner. So you saying to PR... basically.. i thought you were leaving ..here is your hat ....there is the door... its no different then others saying it to lakota.

as i said.... just saying.

obama-laughing1.jpg

Well, ya didn't rep yourself, sunshine.
He has been here since 2004 and has only a bit more rep than you do. You joined only last year.
But he's a dumbass who can't make a coherent, logical argument. Who pos reps THAT?

again.... just saying

yeah i remember that one.....

but look at what boop just said... you cant have it both ways.

"When one poster makes a negative focal point of another poster, then I think there's a problem"...it is or it isn't abuse. The sand baging was no different. But i guess its alright becasue its sand bagging cg...right?

"the"

I can only speak for myself.... i read "new posts". I am not looking to see who it is, what forum it is... left or right. Its in new post. So your threads comes up and comments are made. I doubt cg and si sat and waited for your threads to come up. It may feel that way if they did not agree with you.

I am using lakota as an example....he is quite the whiner. So you saying to PR... basically.. i thought you were leaving ..here is your hat ....there is the door... its no different then others saying it to lakota.

Okay.

Well, how about this. They see a completely innocuous post by me, and come and shit on the thread - why, again. Why is this something that is acceptable and logical in your mind (just like shitting on people with neg rep because one has a bug up their ass about those evil bastards daring to show up on this board!!!)

It's bullshit. And it's like being in a kindergarten class full of kids that need a nap, listening to the whining that has been going on all damn day. "I'm sorry, Jimmy but no. You don't get to shit on Daniel just because you feel like expressing yourself."

I thought everybody'd be over that malarkey by now.

again.... just saying

"When one poster makes a negative focal point of another poster, then I think there's a problem"...it is or it isn't abuse. The sand baging was no different. But i guess its alright becasue its sand bagging cg...right?
CG invites it, then feeds off of it.

again.... just saying

Oh. My. God. She is in her fucking late 20's. Why on God's green do YOU give a shit if anybody is calling her Sandi? She's a big girl! I'm sorry she can't handle it, but really? I grow weary of your harping. She needs to man up, just as I have been advised to do so often, and if I don't fucking like it, I can get out of the fucking kitchen.

Well, so can she.

"the"

Okay.

Well, how about this. They see a completely innocuous post by me, and come and shit on the thread - why, again. Why is this something that is acceptable and logical in your mind (just like shitting on people with neg rep because one has a bug up their ass about those evil bastards daring to show up on this board!!!)

It's bullshit. And it's like being in a kindergarten class full of kids that need a nap, listening to the whining that has been going on all damn day. "I'm sorry, Jimmy but no. You don't get to shit on Daniel just because you feel like expressing yourself."

You can put everyone one ignore but the mods.

Its not just about you boop. It is what it is.... its part and parcel of the forum.

CG invites it, then feeds off of it.

That makes no difference... it is or it isnt abuse as described by boop.

"When one poster makes a negative focal point of another poster, then I think there's a problem"

You can also say the same thing for many here..... they invite it... and feed off of it. Some just whine to the mods about it when its not going their way.

"the"

Okay.

Maybe some don't like spam, ya know?

Look, Boop. I have no problem accepting the fact that some folks will always disagree with me. I have no problem telling others with whom I disagree that I DO disagree. I have no problem telling a clear moron that they are exactly that. I also have no problem telling a pig that they are a pig.

Then we have this situation: I rarely agree with Jillian, for example. I bet Jillian rarely agrees with me. I've never negged her. She has never negged me.

Ever wonder why?

Last edited:
"the"

Okay.

Maybe some don't like spam, ya know?

Look, Boop. I have no problem accepting the fact that some folks will always disagree with me. I have no problem telling others with whom I disagree that I DO disagree. I rarely agree with Jillian, for example. I bet Jillian rarely agrees with me. I've never negged her. She has never negged me.

Ever wonder why?

Because I like you both?

When somebody does it in person it is much esier to make it stop, but here, the shadows are the game and the true self is exposed.

Sorry, but Rightwinger is spot on.

Look at franco - he was negged mercilessly for posting facts that are uncomfortable to wingnuts.

Right. It couldn't have been about the ad hominem he used.
Meh. We all use ad hominem in posts to the other side, so that's a wash.

If ad hominem comments and snark were a determining factor in getting negged, we would all be negging each other constantly. And while it may seem like it, I don't believe that's happening.

Big difference between the occasional jab and Franco's posts. Franco's posts are 120 proof ad hominem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back