New Patriots Head Coach

I'm not taking it personally. You are arguing "what ifs" and Mr Friscus is arguing "context". I am simply stating facts and the history of what actually went on.

I don't care how good the Pats defense was (and it was). They don't win those Superbowls without Tom Brady. That was Belichick's downfall. He thought he could plug anyone into that position and go all the way.
For at least the first three you could have.

For at least the first three you could have.
Yep, they were really good defenses. Saved the Philly Superbowl in 2004. But they gave up leads in both the Rams and Panthers (to be fair, after the half, neither defense could stop anything in that one) Superbowls. Brady had to bail them out with 2 minutes drives to put Vinatieri in position to kick the game winner.

I'm not taking it personally. You are arguing "what ifs" and Mr Friscus is arguing "context". I am simply stating facts and the history of what actually went on.

I don't care how good the Pats defense was (and it was). They don't win those Superbowls without Tom Brady. That was Belichick's downfall. He thought he could plug anyone into that position and go all the way.
The Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2000 with Trent Dilfer as QB.

Fact: Dilfer was QB, the Ravens needed Dilfer
Also fact: Dilfer wasn’t elite, thus, many QBs could have stepped in and won with that defense/organization.

You refuse the second part, despite it being true.

The Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2000 with Trent Dilfer as QB.

Fact: Dilfer was QB, the Ravens needed Dilfer
Also fact: Dilfer wasn’t elite, thus, many QBs could have stepped in and won with that defense/organization.

You refuse the second part, despite it being true.
I like it when people bring up the Ravens. They are the poster team of building monster defenses that put the fear of God into opposing teams...but they don't win a lot of Superbowls and only make deep runs into the playoffs every couple of years.
This is apples and oranges. Different era. And let's face it, they were playing against Kerry Collins and the New York Giants. Dilfer looked like Joe Montana that day. :)

Yep, they were really good defenses. Saved the Philly Superbowl in 2004. But they gave up leads in both the Rams and Panthers (to be fair, after the half, neither defense could stop anything in that one) Superbowls. Brady had to bail them out with 2 minutes drives to put Vinatieri in position to kick the game winner.
2001 1 TD 1 Int over 3 games Was TB the reason they won the SB?
2003 5 TD 2 Int over 3 games See above
2004 5 TD 0 Int over 3 games See above
2018 2 TD 3 Int over 3 games See above.

WIthout an amazing defense the Pats dont win those SB's. Hell, they dont even go. You've stated you been watching since 81, Im calling shenanigans.

2001 1 TD 1 Int over 3 games Was TB the reason they won the SB?
2003 5 TD 2 Int over 3 games See above
2004 5 TD 0 Int over 3 games See above
2018 2 TD 3 Int over 3 games See above.

WIthout an amazing defense the Pats dont win those SB's. Hell, they dont even go. You've stated you been watching since 81, Im calling shenanigans.
Again, you dealing in "what ifs".
I am analyzing what actually happened.

Where are the what ifs? Thats what happened. You're living in a fantasy world.
The stats you provided are an implied "what if".
I only care about what Brady did to help his team win those Superbowls. The defense was only part of it.
You could not have plugged just anyone in there and won a Superbowl..even with the Pats defense.

The stats you provided are an implied "what if".
I only care about what Brady did to help his team win those Superbowls. The defense was only part of it.
You could not have plugged just anyone in there and won a Superbowl..even with the Pats defense.
So you couldn’t find a guy to average 190yds and less than a TD a game? Really? I could name 10 off the top of my head.

No. You aren't. I'm pretty sure neither one of you know anything about football, much less have watched the Patriots play since the early 80's.
I have.
The notion you’re peddling.. that you’ll claim a position on Brady’s legacy but then refuse to address any cross references analysis of the claim is.. well.. outright retarded.

I was disappointed with the press conference with the New England Patriots owner and the new head coach. The owner said the coach was chosen because the owner believed he was the best person for the job. He did not choose him based on his color. The coach replied that a person who does not see color does not see racism. The owner did not say that he did not see color. He said that his choice for head coach was not based on his skin color. In any case, I will still hate the Patriots as I am a Buffalo Bills fan.

Forum List

Back