New Pedestrian Bridge Collapses in Miami

I like the way the police department director was handling these vultures. He looked like he was about two seconds away from saying, "Look, faggots. We have no more information for you at this time." I'm glad he's more professional than I am.

So who built the bridge? Did Miami save money with minority contracting and cheap steel?

'Wow, racism already. It doesn't take long for the bigots to use a tragedy to push their hateful agendas.
Wow you played the race card quickly. Al Sharpton would be proud...

You wrote, and I quote: So who built the bridge? Did Miami save money with minority contracting and cheap steel?

Covert racism is still racism. Why infer that a minority would use cheap labor and produce an inferior product? We can be sure the bridge was built by a private contractor, it matters not what race or ethnicity owns the company.

My question is, did the city and/or county inspect the project effectively; bribes occur in more places than the US Congress.

So who built the bridge? Did Miami save money with minority contracting and cheap steel?

'Wow, racism already. It doesn't take long for the bigots to use a tragedy to push their hateful agendas.

You wrote, and I quote: So who built the bridge? Did Miami save money with minority contracting and cheap steel?

Covert racism is still racism. Why infer that a minority would use cheap labor and produce an inferior product? We can be sure the bridge was built by a private contractor, it matters not what race or ethnicity owns the company.

My question is, did the city and/or county inspect the project effectively; bribes occur in more places than the US Congress.
Ask a legitimate question and get accused of racism...

Ask a legitimate question and get accused of racism...

LOL, and now a spin. Maybe you are not inherently a racist, maybe you simply have been brainwashed for that question to arise.

Q. Is your avatar in blue or gray

There were 2 cranes on scene at the time of the collapse, supposedly performing stress tests on the bridge.
Obviously the stress test was a catastrophic failure.
Why would they be doing a stress test with pedestrians on the bridge and traffic running beneath? That doesn't make any sense.

I'm not sure it was confirmed that there was a stress test going on, but Shepherd Smith was asking the same thing earlier. It definitely doesn't make sense.

There were 2 cranes on scene at the time of the collapse, supposedly performing stress tests on the bridge.
Why would they be doing a stress test with pedestrians on the bridge and traffic running beneath? That doesn't make any sense.

I'm not sure it was confirmed that there was a stress test going on, but Shepherd Smith was asking the same thing earlier. It definitely doesn't make sense.

From what I understand pedestrians were walking underneath the bridge, not on it. Still makes no sense to do a stress test while cars are driving under it.

I like the way the police department director was handling these vultures. He looked like he was about two seconds away from saying, "Look, faggots. We have no more information for you at this time." I'm glad he's more professional than I am.
Have they gotten everyone out from under yet?

There were some construction workers on top of the bridge.

From what I understand pedestrians were walking underneath the bridge, not on it. Still makes no sense to do a stress test while cars are driving under it.

The hospital spokesman guessed the patients ages they received were anywhere from 20-50.

Last edited:
Have they gotten everyone out from under yet?

I don't think they're moving that bridge off them any time soon. Sad to say, but anybody in those cars are very likely dead.

D326271D-7781-45A2-80A2-86EAEBFC6B09.png

A picture taken an hour before the collapse. There were 5 workers on top, that I can see.

They have search dogs, and technical listening devices in place. They say they are raising the bridge little by little. They are concerned of a further collapse.

MCM is led by Jorge Munilla, who graduated from FIU’s School of Business Administration in 1997 and has been president of the firm since 1983. He and his five brothers, who also work at MCM, are the sons of Fernando Munilla Sr., who had founded a major construction company in Cuba. Today, the firm has 1,200 employees, according to Jorge Munilla’s LinkedIn page.

MCM has worked on major government contracts in South Florida, Texas and Panama, including the $128 million expansion of Terminal 4 at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, PortMiami’s Terminal F, and the widening and reconstruction of State Road 821. Other projects include the bridges of the Isles of Las Olas and Miami Beach’s South Pointe Park. MCM was involved in construction litigation tied to the 19-acre park that resulted in a $478,100 judgment against the firm in 2015.
Here’s what we know about MCM, the builder of the FIU bridge that collapsed

There are some city inspectors that are right now looking at options of flying to Peru I would guess. Holy hell it was put up on Saturday? Probably in the contract there is very small print we guarantee this structure to stand for 4 days only.

What a waste of human life, just driving to work or to the store and a frigin bridge falls on you right as you pass under it.

Forum List

Back