NEW VIDEO of Atlanta Police Shooting

Can a taser kill someone?

Cops need deescalation training.

He got the taser, and he has shown he would have used it.

What would happened if he got his hand on cop's gun, instead of taser. Would he use it?

I say, cop was lucky.
I'm sorry, the cop wasn't lucky.... He now has a death, of a father of 6, that he shot in the back twice, on his hands and in his inner soul... And that's not an easy thing to deal with, the rest of your life...

When I grew up, the cop shows, showed them running after suspects trying to escape, and capturing them... not shooting them in the back....

I supposed it was a form of brainwashing, to make children trust cops, and make us think they were all heroes....

Reality, is quite different...

Yeah, the shooting in the back thing may not be true.....

But, of course... Any other option wouldn't fit her narrative.

A police taser is a firearm
Georgia Code Title 16. Crimes and Offenses § 16-11-106

(a) For the purposes of this Code section, the term “firearm” shall include stun guns and tasers. A stun gun or taser is any device that is powered by electrical charging units such as batteries and emits an electrical charge in excess of 20,000 volts or is otherwise capable of incapacitating a person by an electrical charge.
(b) Any person who shall have on or within arm's reach of his or her person a firearm or a knife having a blade of three or more inches in length during the commission of, or the attempt to commit

By interpretation of that code, not only is a taser a "firearm" so is the car the person is driving.

The voltage that is available to the spark plug is somewhere between 20,000 volts and 50,000 volts or better. The job of the ignition system is to produce that high voltage from a 12 volt source and get it to each cylinder in a specific order, at exactly the right time.

Unintentional definition?

Instead of tasers, maybe cops need to carry tranquiler darts to subdue the savages they encounter. Or allow for choke holds were are very effective. Also, since state legislatures are controlled today by non-Whites for the most part, why don't the non-Whites change laws that cops are told to enforce?
No maybes. Tasers are fine to control people who refuse obeying orders of police officers telling him to stop running after the suspects have committed a crime.

No excuses. You just can't put at risk the integrity of the police officer who is arresting you, that is a no no.

No excuses. You just can't put at risk the integrity of the police officer who is arresting you, that is a no no.

However, the integrity of the person being arrested is not important.

1591232355988.png

Running away is not surrendering and does not necessarily protect you from having your fleeing halted.

The perp fought with the police after being arrested, grabbed the cop's Taser, ran away, turned to shoot it at the cop and got shot and killed. That's what happened. What do I hear from his lawyer today? Same old 'cops are racist' bullshit. For God's sake, the stupid fucker resisted arrest then STOLE the officer's Taser, pointed it at the officer and pulled the trigger. The cop was defending himself and shot. The lawyer says cops have to be more 'empathetic' what a bunch horse shit. This is really sickening.
A taser is not a lethal weapon. The response was out of proportion.

Use some critical thinking. A taser is classified as a non-lethal weapon. But I guaran-damn-tee you that they can kill someone, and pretty fucking easily at that. Have you ever been tased?

Respectfully, I disagree. Deescalation training in this country is fine, and LEOs are trying to constantly improve upon these methods to avoid violent outbursts.

Try to think like law enforcement for a second. Let's say you get dispatched to a Wendy's for an unconscious possible DUI in the drive thru. You pretty much already know the suspect is drunk before you get there because dispatch has given you plenty of information, and Lo and behold when you try and make contact, he is! You have the breathalyzer at ready, and after the suspect is secure, you run the test.

He fails the test (I haven't found any articles with actual .BAC results). Uh, oh. Therefore, he has now committed a crime in the presence of an officer of the law at that point by not only operating a vehicle under the influence, but obstructing a public business establishment with his passed out ass blocking a fast food restaurant drive thru. The responding officers have him pretty much dead to rights before they even arrive. It's a matter of booking and paperwork at this point. do you understand?

The crime was witnessed, and Mr. Brooks willfully broke the law. The cameras confirm it.

Things went sideways when Mr. Brooks resisted arrest. Plain and simple. By grappling and lifting the lead officer's taser, then pointing and shooting at him with it, he doomed himself. This isn't about skin color, race or creed. He willfully doomed himself due to:

1. Resisting arrest.
2. Attacking an LEO.
3. Stealing an armament from an LEO.
4. Pointing said stolen armament at an LEO.

Here's my question to you: How the fuck are you supposed to deescalate when there are 'Americans' out there that applaud a total flagrance to the laws of our nation? What do you think we should do with that? Sing 'kumbaya'?

Respectfully, I disagree. Deescalation training in this country is fine, and LEOs are trying to constantly improve upon these methods to avoid violent outbursts.

Try to think like law enforcement for a second. Let's say you get dispatched to a Wendy's for an unconscious possible DUI in the drive thru. You pretty much already know the suspect is drunk before you get there because dispatch has given you plenty of information, and Lo and behold when you try and make contact, he is! You have the breathalyzer at ready, and after the suspect is secure, you run the test.

He fails the test (I haven't found any articles with actual .BAC results). Uh, oh. Therefore, he has now committed a crime in the presence of an officer of the law at that point by not only operating a vehicle under the influence, but obstructing a public business establishment with his passed out ass blocking a fast food restaurant drive thru. The responding officers have him pretty much dead to rights before they even arrive. It's a matter of booking and paperwork at this point. do you understand?

The crime was witnessed, and Mr. Brooks willfully broke the law. The cameras confirm it.

Things went sideways when Mr. Brooks resisted arrest. Plain and simple. By grappling and lifting the lead officer's taser, then pointing and shooting at him with it, he doomed himself. This isn't about skin color, race or creed. He willfully doomed himself due to:

1. Resisting arrest.
2. Attacking an LEO.
3. Stealing an armament from an LEO.
4. Pointing said stolen armament at an LEO.

Here's my question to you: How the fuck are you supposed to deescalate when there are 'Americans' out there that applaud a total flagrance to the laws of our nation? What do you think we should do with that? Sing 'kumbaya'?
I still disagree.

No one was in deadly danger, therefore...No one should have shot the man dead in the back.

The crime did not deserve the death penalty, with or without trial. Humans being stupid or drunk, should not be killed for being stupid.... everyone stupid simply does not deserve to be killed.... shucks, I was stupid as heck, for most of my youth. Brooks would not have run 50 yards without collapsing or tripping over his lumbering feet...They would have easily caught him... shoot, they had his name and address and car keys...

If Brooks was white, and drunk and in the same scuffle, he likely would not have been shot twice dead In the back.... imo.... because the thought of, 'this could be my little brother, or my next door neighbor, or my son...' would have seeped in to the judgement equation of the cop's perceived danger, without thought..... imo....

The perp fought with the police after being arrested, grabbed the cop's Taser, ran away, turned to shoot it at the cop and got shot and killed. That's what happened. What do I hear from his lawyer today? Same old 'cops are racist' bullshit. For God's sake, the stupid fucker resisted arrest then STOLE the officer's Taser, pointed it at the officer and pulled the trigger. The cop was defending himself and shot. The lawyer says cops have to be more 'empathetic' what a bunch horse shit. This is really sickening.

Use some critical thinking. A taser is classified as a non-lethal weapon. But I guaran-damn-tee you that they can kill someone, and pretty fucking easily at that. Have you ever been tased?
I have been stun gunned. A taser in "contact mode", same voltage without the needles. There is no doubt it hurts, but lethal? No. Not except in extreme cases.

I have been stun gunned. A taser in "contact mode", same voltage without the needles. There is no doubt it hurts, but lethal? No. Not except in extreme cases.

So have I. Many times. If the button is pressed enough times, you will eventually go into cardiac arrest and die.

Only takes 1/10th of an amp to stop the human heart, and when a taser is used it is designed to hopefully stop a bull on full charge if nessesary. It is a very dangerous weapon, and it will hopefully stop a drugged up maniac or a drunkened crazy person before they can hurt the officer or worse remove the officer's secondary weapon (his gun), during an encounter by way of the use of his primary weapon in which is his taser that is somehow commandeered by a dangerous individual.

Only takes 1/10th of an amp to stop the human heart, and when a taser is used it is designed to hopefully stop a bull on full charge if nessesary. It is a very dangerous weapon, and it will hopefully stop a drugged up maniac or a drunkened crazy person before they can hurt the officer or worse remove the officer's secondary weapon (his gun), during an encounter by way of the use of his primary weapon in which is his taser that is somehow commandeered by a dangerous individual.
It is specifically designed not to kill people.

Baseball bats are specifically designed not to kill people. But they do. That ain't no argument.

Baseball bats are specifically designed not to kill people. But they do. That ain't no argument.
No, they aren't. Baseball bats are specifically designed to hit baseballs.

Duh.

Duh.

Okay buddy, stay obtuse. You do you. People have been killed by baseball bats. And tasers. You are saying non lethal LEO weapons aren't lethal. Okay. All I'm saying is I believe you're wrong.

Duh.

Okay buddy, stay obtuse. You do you. People have been killed by baseball bats. And tasers. You are saying non lethal LEO weapons aren't lethal. Okay. All I'm saying is I believe you're wrong.
They aren't lethal as a general rule. Stick three sets in somebody and maybe you could kill him. Might not be too good for someone with a pacemaker either. You're gonna be fine in most other cases.

Police regularly kill around 1000 people a rlyear with their handguns. How many do they taze to death? 10? 30?

But it does kill people, so it has a design flaw maybe or is it that some people's health might be flawed ? Is the cop a doctor dealing with non-violent patients who are just visiting to see if he can use his taser to cure their cancer ? No he's dealing with a raging drug user turned animal that he has to stun in hopes not to kill, but if it kills the raging bull, then ohh well he (the officer) lives, and that's what matters in the situation. Hey don't fight with the law, and especially don't take there weapon, and then try to use it on them. That situation can bring about death in a hurry, and hopefully it will be the criminal dead and not the officer dead in such a situation.

But it does kill people, so it has a design flaw maybe or is it that some people's health might be flawed ? Is the cop a doctor dealing with non-violent patients who are just visiting to see if he can use his taser to cure their cancer ? No he's dealing with a raging drug user turned animal that he has to stun in hopes not to kill, but if it kills the raging bull, then ohh well he lives, and that's what matters in the situation. Hey don't fight with the law, and especially don't take there weapon, and then try to use it on them. That situation can bring about death in a hurry, and hopefully it will be the criminal dead and not the officer dead in such a situation.
Would you rather they just shot them?

Forum List

Back