New Witness...TRAYVON was beating Zimmerman up!

I noticed another woman on 911 tape who said she saw the guy in the white shirt on top of & attacking another guy.

Who was wearing a white shirt?

My question today is, where does shaken baby syndrome fit in? Zimmerman'a attorney brought it up.

I think its a case of Bickle syndrome...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgcVLOe9qFM]Robert De Niro in front of the mirror - YouTube[/ame]

Who was wearing a white shirt?

My question today is, where does shaken baby syndrome fit in? Zimmerman'a attorney brought it up.

I think its a case of Bickle syndrome...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgcVLOe9qFM]Robert De Niro in front of the mirror - YouTube[/ame]

I thought so also but Zimmerman's new attorney cites SHAKEN BABY SYNDROME:

Zimmerman's new attorney: My client is a victim - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

No, I never suggested that anybody be brought to justice before the police completed an investigation.

That's all your side, lynch mob.

sure you did you said .."He shot Zimmerman because he thought he was going to get killed and nobody would help him"

so you have found the young man guilty without trial and he has been executed already..

No, I haven't, you nitwit.

It's funny that the people who claim to be all about the science are the ones who appear incapable of understanding it.

It's traumatic brain injury...it doesn't happen just in children. Adults also can suffer from injury that is a result of being shaken or hitting something hard enough to cause the brain to bounce off the inside of the skull.

"Punch drunk" fighters have the adult form of shaken baby syndrome, incidentally.

Babies are anatomically different than adults. One of the major contributing factors to a baby's suceptibility to injury from shaking is their lack of neck strength, as well as their lack of cranial development. When the brain collides with the skull in an adult it generally causes a concussion.

I have no doubt Mr. Zimmerman might be compared to a "Shaken Baby."

He had an amazing recovery, but was beaten senseless when he shot......................:doubt:

It goes away if it's not severe.

Aren't you a nurse? You are apparently a crap nurse.

No, I am not a nurse. I was surprised to learn Zimmerman's attorney states his client suffered from shaken baby syndrome before he shot Trayvon Martin.

I worked as a security guard and I have seen these types before,,they where embarrassing.. always trying to suck up to real cops who saw them as total ninnys and little drama queens and because every stereotype was a suspect and suspicious they rarely ever stopped any real crime compared to me or other guards that where not over stimulated with wild imaginings that we could actually sense when something was not right for real...the normal guards hourly logs for the most part would read..patrol..all secure..nothing to report...unless there was an actual crime or arrest made but the loons would have zimmerman like storys of people usually involving youth or non-white looking suspicious and "looking at them" and they where always so sure their presence had just stopped an crime of some kind that was about to happen

He had an amazing recovery, but was beaten senseless when he shot......................:doubt:

No, I am not a nurse. I was surprised to learn Zimmerman's attorney states his client suffered from shaken baby syndrome before he shot Trayvon Martin.
Emma's the nurse. And a damn good one.

It's traumatic brain injury...it doesn't happen just in children. Adults also can suffer from injury that is a result of being shaken or hitting something hard enough to cause the brain to bounce off the inside of the skull.

"Punch drunk" fighters have the adult form of shaken baby syndrome, incidentally.

Babies are anatomically different than adults. One of the major contributing factors to a baby's suceptibility to injury from shaking is their lack of neck strength, as well as their lack of cranial development. When the brain collides with the skull in an adult it generally causes a concussion.

Yes I know?

You will note she's not howling over the improbability of brain injury from repeated slapping/hitting/pounding.

And Peach I suspect you have the shaken baby syndrome thing wrong, as you've had almost everything wrong from the beginning. Just admit you like to fantasize about this shit and tell stories, and we're golden, you can go your merry way.

You will note she's not howling over the improbability of brain injury from repeated slapping/hitting/pounding.

And Peach I suspect you have the shaken baby syndrome thing wrong, as you've had almost everything wrong from the beginning. Just admit you like to fantasize about this shit and tell stories, and we're golden, you can go your merry way.

I did not fantasize this:

Zimmerman's new attorney: My client is a victim - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Actually, I am a very realistic individual.:lol:

No, it doesn't. It's a response to everybody screaming, "he wasn't beat up THAT bad!"

invoking shaken baby syndrome is next to an admission that his story is bunk and they need some kind of diminished capacity to try and make a defense..it wreaks of desperation

One source indicates that but we won't know until the SA makes her decision. It seems an odd development but Zimmerman's new attorney make just be talking to put a positive light on his client.

Legally, none whatever; there's no threat (as defined by law) until the pursuer does one or more of the following: (1) makes an unlawful threat of violence, such as "I'm gonna kill you/kick your ass/etc" (2) makes an unlawful demand, such as "Give me your wallet/money, watch, etc." (strong arm robbery) , (3) initiates an unlawful touching/punching/grabbing/etc. (battery, unlawful restraint), or (4) unlawfully produces/presents a weapon.

What is considered lawful and unlawful in regards to producing/presenting a weapon in the state of Florida?

Uptown, that's actually an excellent question. I know what the law ordinarily is in most states, but a number of Florida statutes (their arrest statute, for example), are simply written differently. In most places, "unlawful pointing/presenting of a firearm" would be drawing it (without necessarily firing it) as a threat, in a situation that was something other than self defense, or defense of the life of another, stopping a forcible felony in progress, or in some states, making a lawful arrest. (I add that last because in my state, the statute that allows use of deadly force to protect one's home, stop a felony in progress, etc. is actually under a "power of arrest" conferred upon "any citizen of this state" under certain specified circumstances). I know, that certain concealed carry laws (in states which do not allow open carrying), provide that merely showing the holstered weapon intentionally is a violation of the law (unless one is ordered to by a law enforcement officer, of course). If I had to guess, I'd assume the Florida law for civilians authorized to carry concealed would be something like the first part of the above, but I have no idea how the Florida law is worded, and as we've seen with the "Stand Your Ground" self defense statute there, the wording can make a lot of difference. It may be a moot point in this case, because to this point, we have not yet seen any evidence that Zimmerman intentionally showed his weapon in any way prior to drawing it and shooting Martin (having it inadvertently revealed in the course of a struggle would not itself be a violation of any concealed carry law I've ever seen). That said, there exists the possibility that something we don't know could come to light, and combine with whatever the Florida law says about "pointing and presenting", to be germane to this particular case. We have, after all, had some surprising revelations related to the wording of Florida laws here. Curious are the ways of legislators....

Yeah, I ask these question because I'm honestly interested. Cases like these fascinate me. I'm planning on pursuing a degree in Criminology since Uncle Sam is paying for it in exchange for my military service.:D

I also ask because I'd guess in my mind an individual running after someone with a gun visible in their hand would automatically be a threat if as you said the individual being chased was totally innocent and weren't doing anything to harm anybody.

I wasn't aware that this was different depending on whether or not the state is a concealed carry or open carry state. I can't imagine the definition of "unlawfully produces/presents a weapon" would vary from state to state.

I think of it in terms of knives.

A knife is legal to have, but holding a knife outside is different from chasing someone with a knife in your hand. If someone was chasing me with a knife in their hand I'd assume they were going to use it. If they were chasing me with a gun in their hand there's a million possibilities that could go through my mind. That's not to say I believe that's what happened in the Trayvon Martin case.

I'm convinced it was one big ugly misunderstanding that turned into an altercation that would have resulted in most other states in Zimmerman being charged with manslaughter or maybe a lesser charge, but charged all the same. I don't think Zimmerman is a cold-blooded killer and card carrying Klan member, but I think both made some pretty dumb decisions and both parties may be at least partially responsible for what happened that night. I think Zimmerman would have been held accountable in any other state in some way for his part (Trayvon was held paid a pretty high price for his part). But it's interesting to me how the laws in Florida may have been a deciding factor in this case.

From what you were telling me earlier and what I've read of the Florida Stand Your Ground Law, it should be repealed. I have no problem with Castle Doctrine, I understand that, and I have no problem with Gun Laws, I'm 100% pro-2nd Amendment, but this Stand Your Ground Law looks dangerous.

It makes me think the cops WERE actually convinced this wasn't self-defense. I don't believe Austin Grant's mother was lying when she said a cop plainly told her he was convinced Zimmerman wasn't acting in self-defense. I think it's one of those cases where they got on the scene, probably didn't believe a mumbling word Zimmerman said but the DA gave them the sobering news that the state's Law would make it impossible for them to prosecute ol' boy. It is hard for people to understand this kind of thing. Legislatures aren't always the most practical people. It's always easy to create and pass a law without realizing the possible implications.

if only Baby shaken could explain you....
:lol:

Forum List

Back