New Years Offical Thread -- Drunken posts encourage!

So, what are your plans fo the evening? Staying in and celebrating by?

• Staying home and banging the Significant other and the side squeeze

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Risking death by going to a party

• Watching the ball drop

• Watching your own balls drop

• Sobbing into your neighbors beer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
So, for some of us, the new year is still a few hours away -- 7 hours for Me as of this writing...

So, what are your plans fo the evening? Staying in and celebrating by?:

In my older age, I avoid 'Amatuer Hour' and anticipate Darwin Award candidates the following day.

But this is just me in the twilight of my years.
Yeah, the uninitiated at having a good time on New Years can be dangerous. lol

Quiet evening with my lady friend in front of the fireplace with some good seafood and a good wine with a dusting of snow outside and a bottle of Champaign for midnight....
Happy New Year All...
Sounds like a very pleasant evening.

It is strange that I can hold a conversation online -- My wife and I used to talk for hours and hours online -- but for some reason, face to face, I'm kind of quiet.

I only moan at the end. hehe.

Right around 10:00pm I'll start drinking. Underage, but I paid off a friend to grab me some Bankers Club Whiskey. Then I might smoke a bit of weed, and I'll probably be comatose on the couch for the rest of the night. Then I go to work tomorrow night, miserable, hungover and done with it.

Right around 10:00pm I'll start drinking. Underage, but I paid off a friend to grab me some Bankers Club Whiskey. Then I might smoke a bit of weed, and I'll probably be comatose on the couch for the rest of the night. Then I go to work tomorrow night, miserable, hungover and done with it.
If you are underage, I discourage you from drinking or smoking pot.

Having said that, I applaud you for doing it at home. The only recommendation I would have made is always go with the good stuff.

Glenfiddich-12yr-1.png

You just might re-invent New Years Eve celebrations.
Drink and smoke copious amounts!!
Just like there's no tomorrow!!!

Happy New Year!

If you are underage, I discourage you from drinking or smoking pot.

Having said that, I applaud you for doing it at home. The only recommendation I would have made is always go with the good stuff.

Glenfiddich-12yr-1.png

I'd rather do it at home watching TV then out with my raucous friends. They have a tendency to get me into trouble, so I decided "Ya know what? Zoning out on a couch ain't a bad idea".

As for the whole underage thing, I only got a year tp go. :/ Been having a couple sips of moonshine since I was 16, smoking tobacco since I was 18... Yep, there isn't any tomorrow.

I'd rather do it at home watching TV then out with my raucous friends. They have a tendency to get me into trouble, so I decided "Ya know what? Zoning out on a couch ain't a bad idea".

As for the whole underage thing, I only got a year tp go. :/ Been having a couple sips of moonshine since I was 16, smoking tobacco since I was 18... Yep, there isn't any tomorrow.

Go for it!!!
Friends help make it memorable. Get someone else to drive.
U can do it!!

So, for some of us, the new year is still a few hours away -- 7 hours for Me as of this writing...

So, what are your plans fo the evening? Staying in and celebrating by?:
I'm cooking a 14-lb turkey, by myself. Got some beers. May or may not pop a few rounds off at midnight.

Turkey won't be done until 10. Grrr! Never cooked one before.

Last edited:
I'm cooking a 14-lb turkey, by myself. Got some beers. May or may not pop a few rounds off at midnight.

Turkey won't be done until 10. Grrr! Never cooked one before.
Yeah, turkeys need to be well-planned, depending on how you cook it.

Happy New Years everybody. My plans? Same as always, probably be reading posts here and drinking my Molson Canadian. Either that or watching old reruns of Mannix.

Going out on NYE isn't fun anymore since the group MADD ruined the holiday. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for people getting plowed and killing others on the road, but when people go out now for NYE they're afraid to have anymore than two drinks. So now what was once a fun and festive holiday is bore city because most just sit home avoiding a potential DUI.

The good thing is that our state recently made fireworks legal to shoot off on certain holidays and the weekends associated with it, so maybe one of my neighbors are planning for that. However living in a predominately black suburb, there will also be a lot of gunfire as well that the cops will have to chase down.

Yeah, turkeys need to be well-planned, depending on how you cook it.
Yeah..about that..Didn't even put anything in the cavity. Trying low and slow. 8 hrs @ 250.

I remember at the restaurant, they used to do 350 for around 4 hours uncovered. It always came out pretty good.
I got a cover on it, too. We'll see. Hopefully it ain't dry.
If so, I'm only out $10-ish; And I can make gravy and/or soup out of it. I uhh..like to experiment.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back