New York "SAFE" act turning into a gun ban program...

Well, we cant keep people from killing themselves.
What can we do about gangs?
I am OK with regulations as long as it doesnt infringe on anyones fundamental right to own a weapon

Universal background checks don't infringe on anyone. They won't completely solve the problem, no one thing ill, but they will help.
Im still not clear on what you mean by that :eusa_whistle:

You sell a gun, whether you are a dealer, or an individual seller, you do a background check. Nothing more than that.
So in order for me to give my son a family heirloom, i will need to pay a firearm dealer to conduct a background check?

I'm sure exceptions could be made, but yep. that pretty much covers it. Background checks aren't expensive. If you gave him a car, he would have to transfer the title, and that is making a record of who ownes the car. Background checks don't keep those records. They just see if the person should be allowed to purchase a gun, and then discard the paperwork. . Of course now is when the average gun nut says he should be exempt from any reasonable regulations. Like I told you earlier. It's all been said before.
No, they arent expensive.
What do you think this will do, statistically speaking?

I am OK with regulations as long as it doesnt infringe on anyones fundamental right to own a weapon

Universal background checks don't infringe on anyone. They won't completely solve the problem, no one thing ill, but they will help.
Im still not clear on what you mean by that :eusa_whistle:

You sell a gun, whether you are a dealer, or an individual seller, you do a background check. Nothing more than that.
So in order for me to give my son a family heirloom, i will need to pay a firearm dealer to conduct a background check?

Works for me
You have to check to see he has a drivers license before you let him drive your car
Ahhh, equating fundamental rights with driving cars. Excellent fallacious cliche there RW

It appears to me that NY law is infringing on American citizens Constitutional rights.

Gun registration and confiscation is reminiscent of the Nazis.

Last edited:
It appears to me that NY law is infringing on American citizens Constitutional rights.

Easy enough for the NRA to take them to court

Why don't they?

Ok, thanks for the worthless posts.
If you decide you want to actually discuss it, let me know.

So do you have any ideas of how to reduce the problem, or are you just content to accept so many deaths as the price of everyone being able to carry a gun around?

LIkewise , voter ID doesn't infringe on anyone's right to vote, but the idiots on the left scream that it does.

Where do you stand on Voter ID? I agree with universal background checks myself, it's one of the areas I disagree with the current GOP on.

This thread is about guns. Quit trying to dodge the subject.

Dodge the subject? I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of the left on the subject.

Liberals don't care about violence or illegal acts. That is plainly obvious to any who are honest.

Easy enough for the NRA to take them to court

Why don't they?

A private lobby is not who should be taking them to court, more like US Attorney General.

I believe a bill will be introduced during the next Congress session to address the problem.

The people of New York have decided they want to be safe

Who can blame them

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin
Read more at: Benjamin Franklin Quotes

That may be one of the more misused quotes in history.

Safety and security = freedom .

Think the people in South Chicago feel very free when they are huddled in their apartments every night hoping they don't catch a stray bullet, for example?

Who can blame them

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

Think the people in South Chicago feel very free when they are huddled in their apartments every night hoping they don't catch a stray bullet, for example?

Think you'd want to sleep in a tent in the Adirondacks in the middle of summer without having a gun? The City does not encompass all of New York.

Who can blame them

Think you'd want to sleep in a tent in the Adirondacks in the middle of summer without having a gun?
Oh, don't confuse things to think I mean safety means taking guns from all people. It means , among other things, taking guns from people who ought not have guns.

Who can blame them

Think you'd want to sleep in a tent in the Adirondacks in the middle of summer without having a gun?
Oh, don't confuse things to think I mean safety means taking guns from all people. It means , among other things, taking guns from people who ought not have guns.

..Getting into 4th amendment territory now.

It irks me when people disregard The Constitution like that.

Who can blame them

Security/safety is a local and personal matter. You know, so people have the liberty to defend themselves. Or the liberty to vote in local leaders to crack down on safety.. etc

Last edited:

Who can blame them

Security/safety is a local and personal matter. You know, so people have the liberty to defend themselves. Or the liberty to vote in local leaders to crack down on safety.. etc

Well, by that measure you should be in here saying "well the people of NYC elected local leaders who want to take everyone's guns, so the people have spoken"

but it doesn't work that way, because "the people" can't vote in laws that violate either State Constitutions, or the COTUS.

Plus , of course , there are security concerns that are national anyway.

Who can blame them

Well, by that measure you should be in here saying "well the people of NYC elected local leaders who want to take everyone's guns, so the people have spoken"

but it doesn't work that way, because "the people" can't vote in laws that violate either State Constitutions, or the COTUS.

No, i shouldnt.
Taking away self defense isnt liberty nor safe.

Who can blame them

No, i shouldnt.

I certainly never said anything about taking away self defense

I said "take guns away from people who not ought have guns"

We all know who those people are, they mostly vote Democrat

No, i shouldnt.

The post before this, you stated "well the people of NYC elected local leaders who want to take everyone's guns, so the people have spoken"

No, i shouldnt.

The post before this, you stated "well the people of NYC elected local leaders who want to take everyone's guns, so the people have spoken"

I was illustrating that you can NOT just say that, because the COTUS doesn't allow it.

Forum List

Back