New York "SAFE" act turning into a gun ban program...

I guess that's what happens when the NRA is a whiny bitch, and refuses to join the conversation about reasonable restrictions to keep guns out of the hands of crazies. They get ignored. Grow up.
IKR? Crazy people also deserve to have the right to free speech and discrimination against them for their skin color restricted as well.
Oy vey!
I do think crazy people should be restricted but i dont like the way anybody wants to do it. They cant seem to come up with a way that wont restrict law abiding sane people.
Maybe thats what the NRAs problem is as well? IDK

Simple universal background checks would be a step in the right direction.
What do you mean by that?

Its been explained at least a million times. I don't care to play that game again.

You bash people for not wanting to do anything about it, yet, you dont even want to discuss what you think we need to do? Whats the point of even logging on?

Because everything that can be said about the subject has been said. Gun nuts are either adamantly opposed any additional regulation, or think a crackdown on all people of color will fix the problem. We have people who should never be near a gun who are legally able to buy all they want.

IKR? Crazy people also deserve to have the right to free speech and discrimination against them for their skin color restricted as well.
Oy vey!
I do think crazy people should be restricted but i dont like the way anybody wants to do it. They cant seem to come up with a way that wont restrict law abiding sane people.

Its been explained at least a million times. I don't care to play that game again.

You bash people for not wanting to do anything about it, yet, you dont even want to discuss what you think we need to do? Whats the point of even logging on?

Because everything that can be said about the subject has been said. Gun nuts are either adamantly opposed any additional regulation, or think a crackdown on all people of color will fix the problem. We have people who should never be near a gun who are legally able to buy all they want.
Ok, thanks for the worthless posts.
If you decide you want to actually discuss it, let me know.

Oy vey!

Question for you. Which would reduce crime more in this country.

Banning guns

or

Banning blacks

or

Deporting all illegal aliens and securing our borders

Banning guns

or

Banning blacks

or

Banning bigots that come up with crap like that.

I am so glad I escaped that shit hole state.
Problem is, so many liberals are leaving that shit hole and infecting other states with their liberal voting patterns. It's like a bunch of locusts gobbling up everything in their path.
New Yorkers moved to CA, put liberals in charge, then when CA became a shit hole they spread to OR, WA, CO, NV, and so-on.
I rejected communism around the age of 19, that's what motivated me to escape in the first place.

Banning guns

or

Banning blacks

or

Discussing something is not bigoted sir. Why are you scared to answer the question.

So do you have any ideas of how to reduce the problem, or are you just content to accept so many deaths as the price of everyone being able to carry a gun around?

Banning guns

or

Banning blacks

or

Do you even know what that word means?

Banning guns

or

Banning blacks

or

Discussing something is not bigoted sir. Why are you scared to answer the question.

The three options you listed are absurd.

So do you have any ideas of how to reduce the problem, or are you just content to accept so many deaths as the price of everyone being able to carry a gun around?
Well, we cant keep people from killing themselves.
What can we do about gangs?
I am OK with regulations as long as it doesnt infringe on anyones fundamental right to own a weapon

Banning guns

or

Banning blacks

or

The three options you listed are absurd.

On purpose. But that doesn't make them bigoted. It's called a mental exercise.

I am OK with regulations as long as it doesnt infringe on anyones fundamental right to own a weapon

Universal background checks don't infringe on anyone. They won't completely solve the problem, no one thing ill, but they will help.

Universal background checks don't infringe on anyone. They won't completely solve the problem, no one thing ill, but they will help.
Im still not clear on what you mean by that :eusa_whistle:

LIkewise , voter ID doesn't infringe on anyone's right to vote, but the idiots on the left scream that it does.

Where do you stand on Voter ID? I agree with universal background checks myself, it's one of the areas I disagree with the current GOP on.

You sell a gun, whether you are a dealer, or an individual seller, you do a background check. Nothing more than that.

You sell a gun, whether you are a dealer, or an individual seller, you do a background check. Nothing more than that.
So in order for me to give my son a family heirloom, i will need to pay a firearm dealer to conduct a background check?

LIkewise , voter ID doesn't infringe on anyone's right to vote, but the idiots on the left scream that it does.

Where do you stand on Voter ID? I agree with universal background checks myself, it's one of the areas I disagree with the current GOP on.

This thread is about guns. Quit trying to dodge the subject.

New York is entitled to pass gun laws that they believe are needed to keep them safe
So my state is allowed to discriminate against negroes and regulate free speech. You know, because they feel it will keep them safe.
Im digging this "destruction of rights because..." thing you statists got going on.

Thank you Capt Hyperbole

New York operates within the bounds of the Constitution. Anyone who feels otherwise has access to the courts. I'm sure the NRA would support you
Yes, DC and Chicagos were too... Until they got struck down :rolleyes:
You cant make a fundamental right unlawful.
That wasnt hyperbole, BTW. Thats called a "pandoras box" you bedwetters like to open.

Again

If you believe the SAFE Act violates the Constitution, there are numerous rightwing organizations that will support your claim

What are you waiting for?

So in order for me to give my son a family heirloom, i will need to pay a firearm dealer to conduct a background check?

I'm sure exceptions could be made, but yep. that pretty much covers it. Background checks aren't expensive. If you gave him a car, he would have to transfer the title, and that is making a record of who ownes the car. Background checks don't keep those records. They just see if the person should be allowed to purchase a gun, and then discard the paperwork. . Of course now is when the average gun nut says he should be exempt from any reasonable regulations. Like I told you earlier. It's all been said before.

Works for me
You have to check to see he has a drivers license before you let him drive your car

Forum List

Back