New York Will Sue trump If He Sends His Troops To The City

I'm glad to see real Americans standing up for the constitution, the law and our people.

De Blasio and other mayors have said they will take legal steps to stop trump.

I don't see how any court in this nation won't stop trump from doing this.

How are they gonna stop Trump?
Not a matter of stopping trump. Just put two humvees to shadow movement of all Fed unmarked rolling units of the secret police and control their activity and make sure the personnel are identified before being allowed out of the GSA parking lot with order to arrest on illegal activity if necessary. 150 secret police is no match for an infantry battalion. It is expensive, but the state has to decide whether to give up state control of troops within their borders and make no mistake the secret police is troops not law enforcement.
Illegal activity? Funny.
Activity such as seen on the news of rolling up with no identification to snatch people off the street into an unmarked car and taking of to who knows where for whatever they choose to do with them or to them. You can an should respect law enforcement. That ain't law enforcement. Makes a pretty strong case for the gun nuts that think you may need fully automatic weapons and high capacity magazines available to the people, to protect against excess of the government using federal troops. Never thought they were anything but gun nuts until now. Never though I would see secret police right here in my country.
I don't give a damn what the Feds do to the vermin.
That is pretty much what the states should be afraid of. Nothing like, Hi, were from the Federal government, we're here to help you, right?
Nope. More like picking up the trash and taking them off the street so law abiding people can go about their lives in peace and safety. Idiot.
And where does that stop, your front door? Bad precedent by a bad president.
It stops when the vermin are all picked up or they go away. You're not very bright, huh.
Bright enough, just not trusting enough.
Perhaps you're just confused. That's what it sounds like.
Nope. I just do not trust the good intentions of the Feds when trump has talked about sending to democrat controlled cities, making it sound like a political operation during an election years. Dangerous political stunt, in my opinion.
So you're okay with rioters and terrorizing citizens. Good luck.
Nope. I just do not approve of federal martial law being imposed over state control. Not a good precedent.
No one has imposed martial law snowflake...by federal statute the government has NO choice but to protect federal buildings and personel ...
Would have no problem if that was all they were doing, but even you know it is a lie. You also know we don't send in troops is unmarked vehicles, dressed for combat, wearing balaclava to hide their identity and thwart photo records with little or no ID visible and only attached with velcro when visible at all to snatch people off the street.
Decent people can't enjoy their city in the evening. Way past time to remove the vermin.
Not at all thrilled with the way some of these cities have handled their problems since the Floyd murder. Just don't like the precident being set for uninvited federal intervention. Hope he isn't getting us used to federal secret police on the streets in time to call off the election due to a trumped up emergency to stay in office.
When Federal property is being damaged, this is what you get. Your concern is misplaced. Dumb
Stephen I. Vladeck, a law professor at the University of Texas at Austin, said it was not clear how federal agents could occupy the streets of a city that is 99 percent not federal property. “It’s of course the prerogative of the federal government to enforce federal law and protect federal property,” Mr. Vladeck said. “It is not the job of the federal government to be a general police force for all crimes.”
A stupid thing to say since there is no evidence federal officers are acting like "general police force for all crimes.”
Since they gassed the mayor, and are all around the city.
That hardly means they are acting like "general police force for all crimes". They are simply enforcing federal law in Portland just as they have always done. Their actions stand out because of the near total breakdown of law enforcement in Portland. They are not arresting people for breaking state or local laws but only for breaking federal laws, just as they have always done.
The video was disturbing. They rolled up to an intersection without a federal building and less than a dozen citizens around in an unmarked suv, jumping out in full battle gear, face masked to hide identity with the only ID that could be see attached with velcro. Moved in to pick up a guy down the block while their driver waited with the engine running. The one filming yell "Who are you?" no answer. Yelled "What are you doing?" no answer. Asked "what did he do?" no answer. Where are you taking him? No answer. Finally they called to the man being abducted asking his name, so somebody would know who had been abducted and thrown in the unmarked car by the unmarked secret police. Upon the guy yelling his name back over his shoulder, they yelled the initials of some legal services would get him out. It was quick, efficient effective, and not how these things go down in a free society and looked like a secret police operation on the streets of a communist country. Innocent? Maybe. Justifiable? Who knows. Are they accountable to anyone? Nope, not without knowing who they are or the scope of their operations, but it is far more than protecting Federal buildings and were appearently not invited by the governor of Oregon or that idiot Portland mayor. Looked like something out of an old movie.., a bad old movie. Hope they don't come to my town. Probably won't. I live in a "red" state. with few protests and mostly just good old fashion black on black crime, the kind BLM ignores, mostly not on my side of town.
The video is not disturbing to sane people. Federal officers enforcing federal law picked up someone they had reasonable suspicion of having broken federal law and took him to the federal courthouse for questioning. If Portland or Oregon object to the jurisdiction of federal officers enforcing federal law, perhaps they should notify Congress they wish to secede from the Union.
Yeah, that'll do it.
lol Do what? The problem in Portland and Seattle and other Democratic controlled cities is that their governments don't seem to have any idea what they are trying to do other than hold on to power.
In all honesty, I got to admit, I am not too impressed with their effort or non efforts and restoring order to their streets. Just not sure Federal take over unaccountable to local authority is the way to go. Might feel different if it wasn't 2000 miles away, hard to say.
In these cases when the state and local authorities abdicate their responsibilities to maintain law and order, it would be irresponsible for the federal government not to try to help. There have always been federal law enforcement officers, FBI, ATF, DEA, etcl, operating in these cities without without being accountable to local authorities and now that the local authorities are as guilty as the rioters of the destruction of these cities, the federal government has to step in to assure the proper functioning of these cities. It should be noted that federal law enforcement officers are not making arrests for violations of state or local laws but only for violations of federal law.
Help is a lot different than coming in and running their own game for political purposes. If you haven't read, not too many normal republican are cheering the demise of states rights, the squelching of freedom of assembly and freedom of protest. Although I think it funny that the Mayor of Portland got gassed (having experienced real CS gas), surely nobody is stupid enough to think or believe that the mayor was involved in a violent protest. The trump secret police got carried away, just like when they beat the fk out of that former Naval Academy Grad, former Naval Officer who still conducted himself as an Officer and a Gentleman, in the finest traditions of his branch, standing unfazed before his attackers as they went 2 or 3 on 1 with batons and chemical weapons. He made them look like a pack of little cur dogs. He was not participating in violence either. National Officers on duty and their troops have spoken to the peaceful nature of the protesters that trumps goons gassed in Washington, so he could go fourth for a photo Op at a church across from the White House. Trump is trying to help nobody but trump. It is apparent, and it is disgusting. Are you starting to see a pattern yet?
I think the mayors and governors where violent protestors are acting out, need to get control or influence to restore order, but it is not up to me or you or any other states to say it is OK for a Federal Secret Police action, unaccountable as they are nameless and faceless. We would not like or approve of a federal Secret Police strike force on our street, just as the framers of the constitution feared could happen and provided for states rights. This is just another outrageous play that trump will pay for in November.
You still don't get it. The federal law enforcement officers aren't doing anything different from what they normally do, they are just acting in extraordinary circumstances. In normal times this guy would have respected the orders of federal law enforcement officers, but at this time he thought his Naval Academy sweat shirt would allow him to disregard them. What makes all this especially extraordinary is that the protesters have no specific concrete demands they are protesting about, so all of this is about nothing but defying the law.

I'm glad to see real Americans standing up for the constitution, the law and our people.

Not a matter of stopping trump. Just put two humvees to shadow movement of all Fed unmarked rolling units of the secret police and control their activity and make sure the personnel are identified before being allowed out of the GSA parking lot with order to arrest on illegal activity if necessary. 150 secret police is no match for an infantry battalion. It is expensive, but the state has to decide whether to give up state control of troops within their borders and make no mistake the secret police is troops not law enforcement.
Illegal activity? Funny.
Activity such as seen on the news of rolling up with no identification to snatch people off the street into an unmarked car and taking of to who knows where for whatever they choose to do with them or to them. You can an should respect law enforcement. That ain't law enforcement. Makes a pretty strong case for the gun nuts that think you may need fully automatic weapons and high capacity magazines available to the people, to protect against excess of the government using federal troops. Never thought they were anything but gun nuts until now. Never though I would see secret police right here in my country.
That is pretty much what the states should be afraid of. Nothing like, Hi, were from the Federal government, we're here to help you, right?
Nope. More like picking up the trash and taking them off the street so law abiding people can go about their lives in peace and safety. Idiot.
It stops when the vermin are all picked up or they go away. You're not very bright, huh.
Nope. I just do not trust the good intentions of the Feds when trump has talked about sending to democrat controlled cities, making it sound like a political operation during an election years. Dangerous political stunt, in my opinion.
Nope. I just do not approve of federal martial law being imposed over state control. Not a good precedent.
No one has imposed martial law snowflake...by federal statute the government has NO choice but to protect federal buildings and personel ...
Would have no problem if that was all they were doing, but even you know it is a lie. You also know we don't send in troops is unmarked vehicles, dressed for combat, wearing balaclava to hide their identity and thwart photo records with little or no ID visible and only attached with velcro when visible at all to snatch people off the street.
Decent people can't enjoy their city in the evening. Way past time to remove the vermin.
Not at all thrilled with the way some of these cities have handled their problems since the Floyd murder. Just don't like the precident being set for uninvited federal intervention. Hope he isn't getting us used to federal secret police on the streets in time to call off the election due to a trumped up emergency to stay in office.
When Federal property is being damaged, this is what you get. Your concern is misplaced. Dumb
Stephen I. Vladeck, a law professor at the University of Texas at Austin, said it was not clear how federal agents could occupy the streets of a city that is 99 percent not federal property. “It’s of course the prerogative of the federal government to enforce federal law and protect federal property,” Mr. Vladeck said. “It is not the job of the federal government to be a general police force for all crimes.”
A stupid thing to say since there is no evidence federal officers are acting like "general police force for all crimes.”
That hardly means they are acting like "general police force for all crimes". They are simply enforcing federal law in Portland just as they have always done. Their actions stand out because of the near total breakdown of law enforcement in Portland. They are not arresting people for breaking state or local laws but only for breaking federal laws, just as they have always done.
The video was disturbing. They rolled up to an intersection without a federal building and less than a dozen citizens around in an unmarked suv, jumping out in full battle gear, face masked to hide identity with the only ID that could be see attached with velcro. Moved in to pick up a guy down the block while their driver waited with the engine running. The one filming yell "Who are you?" no answer. Yelled "What are you doing?" no answer. Asked "what did he do?" no answer. Where are you taking him? No answer. Finally they called to the man being abducted asking his name, so somebody would know who had been abducted and thrown in the unmarked car by the unmarked secret police. Upon the guy yelling his name back over his shoulder, they yelled the initials of some legal services would get him out. It was quick, efficient effective, and not how these things go down in a free society and looked like a secret police operation on the streets of a communist country. Innocent? Maybe. Justifiable? Who knows. Are they accountable to anyone? Nope, not without knowing who they are or the scope of their operations, but it is far more than protecting Federal buildings and were appearently not invited by the governor of Oregon or that idiot Portland mayor. Looked like something out of an old movie.., a bad old movie. Hope they don't come to my town. Probably won't. I live in a "red" state. with few protests and mostly just good old fashion black on black crime, the kind BLM ignores, mostly not on my side of town.
The video is not disturbing to sane people. Federal officers enforcing federal law picked up someone they had reasonable suspicion of having broken federal law and took him to the federal courthouse for questioning. If Portland or Oregon object to the jurisdiction of federal officers enforcing federal law, perhaps they should notify Congress they wish to secede from the Union.
Yeah, that'll do it.
lol Do what? The problem in Portland and Seattle and other Democratic controlled cities is that their governments don't seem to have any idea what they are trying to do other than hold on to power.
In all honesty, I got to admit, I am not too impressed with their effort or non efforts and restoring order to their streets. Just not sure Federal take over unaccountable to local authority is the way to go. Might feel different if it wasn't 2000 miles away, hard to say.
In these cases when the state and local authorities abdicate their responsibilities to maintain law and order, it would be irresponsible for the federal government not to try to help. There have always been federal law enforcement officers, FBI, ATF, DEA, etcl, operating in these cities without without being accountable to local authorities and now that the local authorities are as guilty as the rioters of the destruction of these cities, the federal government has to step in to assure the proper functioning of these cities. It should be noted that federal law enforcement officers are not making arrests for violations of state or local laws but only for violations of federal law.
Help is a lot different than coming in and running their own game for political purposes. If you haven't read, not too many normal republican are cheering the demise of states rights, the squelching of freedom of assembly and freedom of protest. Although I think it funny that the Mayor of Portland got gassed (having experienced real CS gas), surely nobody is stupid enough to think or believe that the mayor was involved in a violent protest. The trump secret police got carried away, just like when they beat the fk out of that former Naval Academy Grad, former Naval Officer who still conducted himself as an Officer and a Gentleman, in the finest traditions of his branch, standing unfazed before his attackers as they went 2 or 3 on 1 with batons and chemical weapons. He made them look like a pack of little cur dogs. He was not participating in violence either. National Officers on duty and their troops have spoken to the peaceful nature of the protesters that trumps goons gassed in Washington, so he could go fourth for a photo Op at a church across from the White House. Trump is trying to help nobody but trump. It is apparent, and it is disgusting. Are you starting to see a pattern yet?
I think the mayors and governors where violent protestors are acting out, need to get control or influence to restore order, but it is not up to me or you or any other states to say it is OK for a Federal Secret Police action, unaccountable as they are nameless and faceless. We would not like or approve of a federal Secret Police strike force on our street, just as the framers of the constitution feared could happen and provided for states rights. This is just another outrageous play that trump will pay for in November.
You still don't get it. The federal law enforcement officers aren't doing anything different from what they normally do, they are just acting in extraordinary circumstances. In normal times this guy would have respected the orders of federal law enforcement officers, but at this time he thought his Naval Academy sweat shirt would allow him to disregard them. What makes all this especially extraordinary is that the protesters have no specific concrete demands they are protesting about, so all of this is about nothing but defying the law.
Wrong. He did nothing to them or anyone else. They were not trying to take him into custody, just beat the crap out of him. Police, Feds or anybody else that does that is wrong. Could understand if he got physical or was destructive or had a weapon, but no. What part of him not putting up any resistance and just making it easier for them to beat the shit out of him completely unnecessarily do you not get. They kept hitting him multiple times until they just got ashamed of beating a man that put up no resistance until the quit and he walked away. He was just a classy dude and the Feds were just out of control. He owned their sorry asses, without lifting a hand. Those idiot made themselves the poster boys for trump brutality. Why do you think the Chicago deployment has been scaled back and it's scope completely changed? It did not play well, and won't in the campaign ads or the minds of the public, except for the radical trump no matter what goofs.

Last edited:
Uh, I would certainly approve of such measures to restore order
And frankly, lawlessness should have been squashed IMMEDIATELY
The president has an obligation and every right to suppress insurrections

Article I, Section 8, Clause 15:

[The Congress shall have Power . . .] To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions; . . .
The states as well as Congress may prescribe penalties for failure to obey the President's call of the militia. They also have a concurrent power to aid the National Government by calls under their own authority, and in emergencies may use the militia to put down armed insurrection. 1 The Federal Government may call out the militia in case of civil war; its authority to suppress rebellion is found in the power to suppress insurrection and to carry on war. 2 The act of February 28, 1795, 3which delegated to the President the power to call out the militia, was held constitutional. 4 A militiaman who refused to obey such a call was not employed in the service of the United States so as to be subject to the article of war, but was liable to be tried for disobedience of the act of 1795. 5

When the police are unable to protect the people that is a fucking problem
When the police are told to stand down, that is derelict of duty and demands accountability
When criminal uprisings are under the guise of a Constitutional right, that is treasonous

When masks are mandated, businesses closed, school, proms, weddings, funerals,
social gatherings are closed/restricted/canceled to stop the spread of a virus,

BUT MOBS OF PROTESTERS CAN GATHER BECAUSE THEIR RIGHT TO PROTEST
OUTWEIGHS THE DANGERS OF THE VIRUS THAT REQUIRES COMPLIANCE
FROM EVERYONE ELSE....

PEOPLE DIED ALONE, WITH STRANGERS NOT THEIR LOVED ONES
AND WAKES AND FUNERALS WERE A HANDFUL OF PEOPLE AND A COUPLE CARS
BUT, GEORGE FLOYD HAD A PUBLIC WAKE ATTENDED BY THOUSANDS
AND I BELIEVE 3 SEPARATE FUNERALS ATTENDED BY THOUSANDS AS WELL

SPIKES IN CASES AND DEATHS ARE NOT ATTRIBUTED TO EITHER BUT INSTEAD
ON PEOPLE THEY CALL SELFISH, THAT DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT A PANDEMIC
OR KILLING SOMEONES GRANDMOTHER AND SPREADING THE VIRUS
JUST BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO RE OPEN THE COUNTRY TOO SOON

AND THAT WE HAVE NOT COLLECTIVELY AMASSED IN NUMBERS
AND RUSHED IN LIKE A TSUNAMI MAKING LANDFALL IS PATHETIC
ABSOLUTELY, UNDENIABLY AND SHAMEFULLY PATHETIC

I HOPE TRUMP LOSES

Illegal activity? Funny.
Yeah, that'll do it.
Wrong. He did nothing to them or anyone else. They were not trying to take him into custody, just beat the crap out of him. Police, Feds or anybody else that does that is wrong. Could understand if he got physical or was destructive or had a weapon, but no. What part of him not putting up any resistance and just making it easier for them to beat the shit out of him completely unnecessarily do you not get. They kept hitting him multiple times until they just got ashamed of beating a man that put up no resistance until the quit and he walked away. He was just a classy dude and the Feds were just out of control. He owned their sorry asses, without lifting a hand. Those idiot made themselves the poster boys for trump brutality. Why do you think the Chicago deployment has been scaled back and it's scope completely changed? It did not play well, and won't in the campaign ads or the minds of the public, except for the radical trump no matter what goofs.
They were clearing an area and he refused to move. Disobeying a lawful order from law enforcement officers is a crime, and ifhe were alone, he probably would have been arrested but he was part of a mob standing at the edge of federal property threatening to assault it so he was just driven back like the rest of the mob.

The Chicago deployment has not been scaled back, it is just a different kind of deployment. Portland was in crisis and federal property was being threatened, so a rapid response team from DHS was sent. In Chicago and other cities, rapid response teams will not be sent in unless needed.

Illegal activity? Funny.
Yeah, that'll do it.
You're confused. Trump didn't send Federal cops to take away state's rights.
They were not invited. Locals were kept out of the loop. They did more than just protect federal buildings. Not a good move unless invited and coordinated with local. Never a good idea as masked secret police snatching people off the streets or gassing a non violent protest including the Mayor (funny) or beating an non resisting Naval Officer. This is why the Chicago deployment has been scaled way back. He is getting a lot of blowback from Governors and people within the administration that do not want a political deployment to their cities, as it is bad for the election.
They don't have to be invited when Federal property is threatened. You can't be this stupid.

Illegal activity? Funny.
Yeah, that'll do it.
They were not invited. Locals were kept out of the loop. They did more than just protect federal buildings. Not a good move unless invited and coordinated with local. Never a good idea as masked secret police snatching people off the streets or gassing a non violent protest including the Mayor (funny) or beating an non resisting Naval Officer. This is why the Chicago deployment has been scaled way back. He is getting a lot of blowback from Governors and people within the administration that do not want a political deployment to their cities, as it is bad for the election.
They don't have to be invited when Federal property is threatened. You can't be this stupid.
If they would stay guarding the Federal property it would be fine with me, those Governor, the Mayors and everybody else, but they didn't did they? Wise up.

Illegal activity? Funny.
Yeah, that'll do it.
Actually, they don't have to be invited at any time. Federal law enforcement officers operate throughout the nation and never have to ask permission of local or state authorities. When the do notify local officials of operations, it is merely a courtesy.

Illegal activity? Funny.
Yeah, that'll do it.
If they would stay guarding the Federal property it would be fine with me, those Governor, the Mayors and everybody else, but they didn't did they? Wise up.
lol You wise up. They are enforcing federal law wherever they need to as they always do and state and local officials have no authority over their actions. Apparently you are surprised to hear that neither Portland nor Oregon is a sovereign political entity and under the Supremacy clause of the Constitution, all state and local laws are inferior to federal law.

Illegal activity? Funny.
Yeah, that'll do it.
Actually, they don't have to be invited at any time. Federal law enforcement officers operate throughout the nation and never have to ask permission of local or state authorities. When the do notify local officials of operations, it is merely a courtesy.
I understand but doesn't make it a good idea. When in the service, I could give a legal order to anyone of lesser rank or enlisted anywhere in world, but that didn't make that a necessarily good idea either.

Illegal activity? Funny.
Yeah, that'll do it.
You wise up. You're defending lawbreakers.

Illegal activity? Funny.
Yeah, that'll do it.
I understand but doesn't make it a good idea. When in the service, I could give a legal order to anyone of lesser rank or enlisted anywhere in world, but that didn't make that a necessarily good idea either.
What country did you serve?

i was in NYC today for the first time since March. It was like a post apocalyptic SciFi movie.

There's a gaping hole where the economy used to be. There was not a single high functioning retail establishment on any street. There were whole city blocks in Midtown where every retail store or restaurant was CLOSED or for sale.

Illegal activity? Funny.
Yeah, that'll do it.
It's the only idea that works. The reason the Articles of Confederation failed and the Constitution worked is that the Constitution gives the federal government supremacy over the states and the Articles of Confederation made each important decision a negotiation as you apparently want to do now, so what you are arguing against is the very foundation on which the nation is built.

If NY doesn’t want any Feds in its state, and they want to burn down all Federal buildings, then let them secede from the Union. That also means not participating in the upcoming federal elections.

Illegal activity? Funny.
Yeah, that'll do it.
He approached them during a riot. He was a fucking idiot. In no country would anyone do that and not get beat down. He got off lightly.

You are an idiot.

Illegal activity? Funny.
From what I've read they are only there to defend FEDERAL buildings not Portland. They aren't acting like a general police force. Vladeck is full of shit.

Illegal activity? Funny.
Yeah, that'll do it.
Not at all, just not impressed with political deployments of force, especially from a newly constituted federal domestic secretive combat force. It is a slippery slope to central rule government and the dumb ass in DC has no discipline or foresight, as it is.

Illegal activity? Funny.
Yeah, that'll do it.
Not at all, just not impressed with political deployments of force, especially from a newly constituted federal domestic secretive combat force. It is a slippery slope to central rule government and the dumb ass in DC has no discipline or foresight, as it is.
There is no "newly constituted federal domestic secretive combat force" except in your imagination. Sober up.

Illegal activity? Funny.
Yeah, that'll do it.
Then leave.

Forum List

Back