Newborn baby dies days after mother was 'turned away' from maternity unit because there were 'no bed

Because no hospital in the U.S. has ever turned anyone away because of a bed shortage. :rolleyes:

Because no hospital in the U.S. has ever turned anyone away because of a bed shortage. :rolleyes:
USA? Did you bother reading the link?

Yes.

Did you understand the point Taz was trying to make? Clearly you didn't understand mine. Where shall we begin?
Take the eugenics maniacs out of any health care decisions?

Huh?

Taz was attempting to illustrate that "universal healthcare is a disaster because of this one anecdotal incident in the UK."

Several of us then countered with "of course this has never happened in the U.S., right?"

How eugenics factors into it, I have no idea. :dunno:

Yes.

Did you understand the point Taz was trying to make? Clearly you didn't understand mine. Where shall we begin?
With socialized medicine, obviously.

What does that have to do with patients being turned away from overcrowded hospitals in the U.S.?

Yes.

Take the eugenics maniacs out of any health care decisions?

Huh?

Taz was attempting to illustrate that "universal healthcare is a disaster because of this one anecdotal incident in the UK."

Several of us then countered with "of course this has never happened in the U.S., right?"

Sorry I thought you were asking where do we start in cleaning up the health system degradation throughout.

Maybe we need to get a thread on that issue as it plays a large part in the whole of what is happening right now with the health care breakdown. Cradle to grave concept with fewer people to manage is what a few have determined is best for themselves. People are nothing more than a cyclable commodity to estimate into a future profits equation.

Universal healthcare is a disaster if just profits are considered for multi-nationals.

The World Factbook

The United States has an infant mortality rate higher than any in Europe, including Great Britain. Perhaps we SHOULD try something different.
Seriously, take a look.

That's because the we don't have a universal metric for calculating infant mortality. Our standards are far more stringent than most European nations.

The NHS is a disaster for a number of reasons. This is just one of them.

UK's NHS is the prototype. Prototypes always contain the greatest number of errors, which were improved upon as other countries created their own system. That's why you guys always wave the NHS around in an effort to prove that "socialized medicine sucks."

You just happened to choose a particularly bad anecdote to try to prove your point. Again, are you under the impression that U.S. hospitals have never turned patients away?

UK's NHS is the prototype. Prototypes always contain the greatest number of errors, which were improved upon as other countries created their own system. That's why you guys always wave the NHS around in an effort to prove that "socialized medicine sucks."

You just happened to choose a particularly bad anecdote to try to prove your point. Again, are you under the impression that U.S. hospitals have never turned patients away?

It's been around for 70 years. Hardly a prototype.

It's been around for 70 years. Hardly a prototype.

It's the model on which all of the others were built...and improved.

I am not sure how this impacts the current discussion.

Not having enough hospitals is an issue....or seems to
This is the system Bernie Sanders and American leftists want to bring to the United States, a government monopoly on your health care where your newborn baby dies due to rationing of government resources.

Baby dies after mum 'turned away' from maternity unit with 'no beds'

Not sure I understand how you think it will get to this.

The NHS is a pile of hurt right now.

Forum List

Back